• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2018
    Captain Future wrote
    IKEA commercials.

I just found out that Swedish actress Celie Sparre, who is Smilla in the current IKEA commercials, is happily engaged. Which is a bummer since I wanted to marry her. biggrin

Volker

Why are you watching IKEA commercials? Don't get me wrong; it's a refreshing change of pace in this thread, which is now all about superhero movies.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    IKEA commercials.

I just found out that Swedish actress Celie Sparre, who is Smilla in the current IKEA commercials, is happily engaged. Which is a bummer since I wanted to marry her. biggrin

Volker

Why are you watching IKEA commercials? Don't get me wrong; it's a refreshing change of pace in this thread, which is now all about superhero movies.

Because they use to come along in commercial breaks, don't they?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2018 edited
    Will Infinity War the last Marvel movie?

That'd be great!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2018
    I wish!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's called infinity war, so perhaps not...
  2. The only way they stop making those movies is if they stop making money, and that doesn't look like it's ever going to happen, so...
  3. This. It is the end of a cycle. But there will be prequels. sequels, re-imaginations, you name it. Disney will ride this horse to death. And the other one too.

Volker
  4. The art of ending a story because there is nothing left to say has sadly been lost.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've considered doing a non-Hollywood/superhero "Recent Viewing" thread as a counterweight to this. Would it have the capacity to live, you think?
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Anything non-Hollywood / Arthaus related could came across as snobby, don't you think. I myself have thought about a "Recent viewing: My special film" threat that would deal with personal favourites beyond what is currently in cinemas. But having everything in one place seems ultimately the best solution.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    I've considered doing a non-Hollywood/superhero "Recent Viewing" thread as a counterweight to this. Would it have the capacity to live, you think?

Have you seen Isle of Dogs Thor? wink
    (I know you don't like Anderson)
    Kazoo
  6. I have, loved it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote

Wait, which Thor sequel is this?
  7. Space Ghost Coast to Coast

My all time favourite talk show! cheesy

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    Anything non-Hollywood / Arthaus related could came across as snobby, don't you think.

No, why would it? It's just a matter of watching different kinds of films. Except for superhero stuff, I love a good Hollywood romp like the next guy. But if I could only watch that, it would be a very one-sided diet. It would be refreshing to discuss these types of films without getting buried in the umpteenth Marvel or DC extravaganza. Maybe I'll start one this weekend, over a beer! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Thor wrote

(I know you don't like Anderson)

Haven't seen it yet, but I'd love too. FANTASTIC MR. FOX is actually one of the few Anderson films I like; I think I can more easily digest his quirky characters and tone in the animated films. So I have high hopes for this.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Spaceballs (1987)

May the Schwartz be with you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2018 edited
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    The art of ending a story because there is nothing left to say has sadly been lost.

perhaps the marvel screenwriters have lost it, but there are plenty of other showrunners, directors, and authors who still do this. it hasn't been 'lost' simply because several franchises don't use it.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  9. Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome (2012)

A pilot-turned web series and a really strong film. The proposed show, featuring a young Williams Adama, was not picked up obviously, but this film is worthwhile all the same. I love the Galactica franchise and this is a great instalment. It being all CGI it gives a good idea how Babylon 5 would look like today.

Volker
  10. Among other things, I'm doing a BSG rewatch at the moment, but chronologically, beginning with Caprica. Since Blood & Chrome is the only thing I haven't seen yet from the series, I'm really looking forward to it.

BTW, the German FedCon is having a BSG reunion this month, with nearly all members of the (big) main cast attending, so any BSG fans interested should check it out.
  11. Olmos is coming too?!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  12. Finally watching BSG for the first time...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2018
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Finally watching BSG for the first time...

One of the best shows in recent times. Happy viewing!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Men In Black

I watched this as a kid years ago and loved it. Rewatching it tonight I was surprised to find I remembered almost every scene, almost every line of dialogue... It was really a movie that stuck with me when I first saw it. Every scene is so memorable! And what a weird, weird movie it is...
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  13. PawelStroinski wrote
    Olmos is coming too?!

Jamie Bamber is the only one of the BSG bunch for now who had to cancel due to other commitments. Usually, there are a few last minute cancellations. I never expect anyone to show up until they are on stage.

But the BSG lineup at the moment is:
    Edward James Olmos
    Mary McDonnell
    Michael Hogan
    Katee Sackhoff
    James Callis
    Tricia Helfer
    Grace Park
    Rekha Sharma
    Tahmoh Penikett
    Alessandro Juliani
    Rekha Sharma
    Michael Trucco
    Kandyse McClure
    Aaron Douglas

From Star Trek:
    Jason Isaacs
    Jonathan Frakes
    Brent Spiner

And a strange Gremlins reunion, too:
    Zach Galligan
    Daphne Zuniga
  14. Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Finally watching BSG for the first time...

One of the best shows in recent times. Happy viewing!

It seems such a daunting task with all those episodes ahead of me!

Enjoying THE EXPANSE on Netflix. Half way through season 2 and it seems to be trying to be a more recent version of BSG (from what I know of BSG).
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Enjoying THE EXPANSE on Netflix. Half way through season 2 and it seems to be trying to be a more recent version of BSG (from what I know of BSG).

Yes, it's a good show, although the first season is the best. It falters a bit in the second season, and gets too complicated and political for its own good. It eventually focusses its a plot a bit more in season 3, which is currently running.
    I am extremely serious.
  15. The Royal Wedding

It's sunny weather here. So we had a little garden party with BBQ and cake and the TV running in the background. Nice. smile

Volker
  16. Batman: The Killing Joke (2016)

I wasn't sold by this one really. The animation and the atmosphere is fine, Conroy's and Hamill's voice acting is great. Yet the A and the B story seem disconnected, they run more like two TV episodes. Some plot elements harken back to 1989's Batman, others to The Return of the Dark Knight. It's OK but I have seen better Batman features.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2018
    Saw SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY this morning. Absolutely loved it! And a spectacular score by John Powell! Perhaps a bit too bombastic for my taste these days, but the sheer scope of thematic material, rollicking action licks and perfect Williams hommages were astounding. This is everything ROGUE ONE was not.
    I am extremely serious.