• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2014
    In fact the Silva album is on Spotify if you want to try it?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I just listened to the track Why Not Winter In The Valley?/The Death of Eskesen. Barry really was a master of subtle choral harmonies like few others.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. biggrin You are doing some promotion here, arn't you?

I will listen to it later, I promise. I have to mark e few philosophy essays before. I'll make it my reward.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    So much so that I've talked myself into playing it. cheesy

NP : THE LAST VALLEY - John Barry

Sublime!
  2. I love The Last Valley and I got the Silva re-recording last year. A very important part of my collection smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Last Valley is a magnificent film score. Can't go wrong with the Silva re-recording (the sound is ropey on the Intrada, sadly).
  3. What an eclectic day today:

Patrick Doyle - Dead Again (La-La Land)
    James Horner - Patriot Games (La-La Land)
    John Powell & Harry Gregson-Williams - Chicken Run
    Hans Zimmer & The Magnificent Six - The Amazing Spider-Man 2

and now...

Alexandre Desplat - The Grand Budapest Hotel

The score of the year so far from me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Me too! A splendid album (both the Desplat and the non-Desplat selections).

And that track that has been posted around from Godzilla suggests Desplat's year is only going to get even better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Alexandre Desplat - The Grand Budapest Hotel

The score of the year so far from me.

I'm not a fan of this whatsoever. Very repetative. Now Monuments Men on the other hand... punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. I mostly love this score for what it does in the amazing film. Rarely film music, especially today, gets such a responsibilty as Desplat had in this film. He lived up to it and some more smile .
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Me too! A splendid album (both the Desplat and the non-Desplat selections).

And that track that has been posted around from Godzilla suggests Desplat's year is only going to get even better.

Eh!? What Godzilla track?? Tell me more please.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

NICE! Thank you. Sounds very promising cool
  5. NP: Nixon (1995) - John Williams

A dark, brooding, moody score, yet very elegant. It is probably almost 20 years since I last listened to this score in its entirety. I am astonished to find how much musical ideas that I am familiar with from the STAR WARS Prequel scores originated here. I was unaware of that.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Nixon (1995) - John Williams

A dark, brooding, moody score, yet very elegant. It is probably almost 20 years since I last listened to this score in its entirety. I am astonished to find how much musical ideas that I am familiar with from the STAR WARS Prequel scores originated here. I was unaware of that.

Volker

Favourite track for me is unquestionably "Meeting With Mao", which taps slightly into my beloved religious sound.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    X-Men: The Last Stand - John Powell

Kamen's is excellent but there's no doubt this is the best music the X-Men have had so far. (Album could do with a bit of trimming though.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2014
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Nixon (1995) - John Williams

Volker

I love this score. It's a "regular" play for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2014 edited
    Southall wrote

Kamen's is excellent but there's no doubt this is the best music the X-Men have had so far.

Best score for a film based on a Marvel comic PERIOD!

Southall wrote
    (Album could do with a bit of trimming though.)

Feck no!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. NP: Winged Migration (2001) - Bruno Coulais

The documentary aired on German TV these days and that reminded me how beautiful this score is. I also recommend the film.

Volker
  7. Southall wrote

Kamen's is excellent but there's no doubt this is the best music the X-Men have had so far. (Album could do with a bit of trimming though.)

I'm still waiting until someone is gonna release the original 'used in film' main titles confused

WP: Sabotage (David Sardy)

Can join The Winter Soldier for all I care, another piece of crap face-palm-mt
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  8. Thomas Glorieux wrote

There's about 9 minutes of listenable music I found...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote

I'm still waiting until someone is gonna release the original 'used in film' main titles

That's been out for years already. Just search for the 2 disc bootleg.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

biggrin
  9. But there is about 9 minutes I found worth listening to again!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stop it! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
  10. Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote

I'm still waiting until someone is gonna release the original 'used in film' main titles

That's been out for years already. Just search for the 2 disc bootleg.

I found that, and IF knowledge serves me right, it wasn't the film version. Still gonna check it out again
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    The film version is out there along with a few other alternate versions... I think.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What Erik said, though I'm pretty certain the film version of St. Lupus Day is still not available anywhere.