• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Poland has an Air Force One? I thought all they had were glass botton boats so they could see the old Polish army.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Timmer wrote
    I wish Pawel were here. He'd know which day is national Air Force One day in Poland!

Somehow an image manifasted itself in my mind right now, a Harrier jet touching down vertically in your back yard, burning all your flowers and the pilot announcing that it is Royal Air Force Day and that you are invited. cheesy

(There most certainly is no Luftwaffe-Tag in Germany.)
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2014
    Timmer wrote
    I wish Pawel were here. He'd know which day is national Air Force One day in Poland!

National Air Force One day in Poland? Couldn't tell you for sure.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It could be tomorrow for all I know!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Apparently it's like Bill Haley and the Comets and only appears once every 76 years.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That would explain a lot.

Do you know when Bill Haley's coming back?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2014 edited
    I think it's the day after National Air Force one day in Poland.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's something to look forward to isn't it. Which day is national Air Force One day in Poland?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I believe it's the day before Bill Haley and the Comets.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

The Bill Haley tribute act on Air Force One on their way to National Air Force One Day in Poland. How exciting is that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven

biggrin

I "spat out my coffee" as they say. (I'm not even drinking coffee.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You find that funny do you? Shirley you're not serious??
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Looks like i picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's never too early to start again. Personally I prefer Cillit Bang.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Penny Dreadful - Korzeniowski

This made absolutely no impression on me in the show but it certainly comes to life on album. Lovely music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP:One of my medleys named "Beloved" ~Various composers
    Morris, Killar, Shore, Brothers Danna, Djawadi, Rozsa, Horner, Korzeniowski and more.
    I'll trying to relax with music I love. If that doesn't do the trick nothing will.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Penny Dreadful - Korzeniowski

This made absolutely no impression on me in the show but it certainly comes to life on album. Lovely music.

Will you be reviewing?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The show gets pretty rave reviews as well.
    Plus it has Billie.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It gets rave reviews!? I thought it was shite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Why you hate Billie? angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2014
    Hate is far too strong a word. I don't think I'm capable of hate.

But I certainly hate courgettes, and Little Britain, and people who put their seats back on planes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Why you hate courgettes?? angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hate is far too strong a word. I don't think I'm capable of hate.

But seriously, courgettes. Nothing good ever came from courgettes. No great person in history liked courgettes and that's a FACT. Pol Pot ate courgettes with every meal.
  3. NP: Guardians of the Galaxy - Tyler "Whipping Boy" Bates

Eight tracks in. So far, not bad, not great. I was quite surprised how much I enjoyed the second cue; the theme might not be very memorable, but it does provide a bit of a kick when it's playing and the rest of the cue is pretty entertaining too. It's nice to hear snare drums in action music again!

Everything else has been a bit in one ear and out the other. "Ronan's Theme" sounds like a bland sound design underscore cue for the most part, calling it a "theme" seems very odd to me confused . But the score is competent, which is the nicest thing I've ever had to say about a Bates offering. Curious to see how it develops from here, especially some of those retro portions James mentioned in his review.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    Pol Pot ate courgettes with every meal.

As do I.
    Not a threat.
    Just a friendly warning.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2014 edited
    Martijn wrote
    The show gets pretty rave reviews as well.
    Plus it has Billie.

Billie Elliot? Can't be watching that!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Southall wrote
    Pol Pot ate courgettes with every meal.

As do I.
    Not a threat.
    Just a friendly warning.

You tell im! I eat courgettes and couscous! slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall