• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Steven wrote:
    Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan James Horner

I'm probably one of only a few people at the gym listening to this right now. (Though I do see a lot of people have earphones on, so I'm sure at least one other person is listening to this too.)

How fitting!

NP: Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) - Michael Giacchino
    The Deluxe Edition

I just fetched this from the post office and ripped it to my PC. I'll probably just listen to "Ode to Harrison" and "Ode to Venegance" since I have a bad cold and my head has called in sick.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2014 edited
    NP: Penny Dreadful - Abel Korzeniowski

What a beauty!

Edit: Just finished, again. There are themes. Lots of them. And they rule on screen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Ooops!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2014
    Steven wrote

I'm probably one of only a few people at the gym listening to this right now. (Though I do see a lot of people have earphones on, so I'm sure at least one other person is listening to this too.)

See that guy to your left with bigger muscles and a healthier glow than you, effortlessly working out at a higher pace? Man, that's what KRULL does for you!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE SILVER CHALICE - Franz Waxman

Beyond good!

Superb score by my favourite Golden Ager. However, I only have the suite on the LEGENDS IN HOLLYWOOD sets.

That's the one I have Thor. This one is one hour and forty seven minutes on Spotify, it really is brilliant but I'll have to do it in two sittings. I managed about half of it earlier.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

See that guy to your left with bigger muscles and a healthier glow than you, effortlessly working out at a higher pace? Man, that's what KRULL does for you!

There was an even bigger guy next to him. Guess what he was listening to! (Hint: it rhymes with Battle Beyond The Stars. Okay, it was Battle Beyond The Stars.)
  2. So there was another one. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

There was an even bigger guy next to him. Guess what he was listening to! (Hint: it rhymes with Battle Beyond The Stars. Okay, it was Battle Beyond The Stars.)

An obvious steroid abuser! Seriously, you can't get like that on just Battle Beyond The Stars. Fact!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    So there was another one. wink

Three in fact! The one on KRULL is still going strongest.

The one on Battle Beyond The Stars is flagging already. And he's got a tiny tadger.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE SILVER CHALICE - Franz Waxman

Beyond good!

Superb score by my favourite Golden Ager. However, I only have the suite on the LEGENDS IN HOLLYWOOD sets.

That's the one I have Thor. This one is one hour and forty seven minutes on Spotify, it really is brilliant but I'll have to do it in two sittings. I managed about half of it earlier.

And I'm playing the rest of it now. I think I'm going to have to order the old FSM release.
  3. NP: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - Tyler Bates

This just clicks with me. Just as Ender's Game did. Good for me I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It's definitely my favourite Bates score and album. 2.5 stars from me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Based on the pre-00's 10/10 star system or the post-00's 5/5 star system?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sorry, all those 00s have made me think of boobies.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Star systems...boobies...00's....

There's a metaphor somewhere but bugger if I can think of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: GRAVITY (Steven Price)

This is pretty intense, but the album is arranged very well with the doom and gloom alternating with soft intimacy. I absolutely adored this score in the film (my favourite film last year), and I'm slowly starting to appreciate it more on album.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Balto James Horner

Deemed illegal in gyms. It's that good.

Also, Don Davis.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Balto James Horner

Deemed illegal in girlie gyms. It's that good.

Also, Don Davis.

Fact!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    For Greater Glory - James Horner

Copied this, that, yadda yadda. So entertaining.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Balto James Horner

Deemed illegal in girlie gyms. It's that good.

Also, Don Davis.

Fact!

biggrin

Au contraire, girlie gyms are the best gyms. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I always aim to please wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014
    I was at the gym listening to Captain America: The Winter Soldier and was getting nowhere! sad
  4. Thor wrote

This is pretty intense, but the album is arranged very well with the doom and gloom alternating with soft intimacy. I absolutely adored this score in the film (my favourite film last year), and I'm slowly starting to appreciate it more on album.

It's fantastic. I'll happily listen to that one over many a score.

NP: Minority Report (John Williams)

Not his best album, but full of class, technique and mood.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Atham wrote
    I was at the gym listening to Captain America: The Winter Soldier and was getting nowhere! sad

Shiiiit. Limp ass motherfucker don't be listenin' to no Winter Solder foo', that shit whack yo.

(Translation: Goly. A fine gentlemen such as yourself should avoid the frightfully awful Winter Soldier given its severe lack of artistic merit. Yo.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I know how many people love Venn diagrams, and I just came across this one, which I believe was drawn by Abraham Lincoln:

http://i0.wp.com/www.movie-wave.net/wp- … 7628_n.jpg
  5. A man ahead of his time.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote

One of the most overrated films and scores of the recent year, imo.

Now, this though:

A.R.RAHMAN - Hundred foot journey

This is gorgeous! Exotic, lyrical, variecolored and with all physical instruments, this is a gem, one of the best of the year perhaps. http://www.amazon.com/The-Hundred-Foot- … B00MA8ZYYM
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Atham wrote

Shiiiit. Limp ass motherfucker don't be listenin' to no Winter Solder foo', that shit whack yo.

(Translation: Goly. A fine gentlemen such as yourself should avoid the frightfully awful Winter Soldier given its severe lack of artistic merit. Yo.)

Screw you, this is actually good.
  6. NP: Star Trek in Darkness (2013) Michael Giacchino

I want to create a playlist for my ipod, augmenting the original album with a few cues from the Deluxe Edition. I think "Ode to Harrison" is a given. Any other suggestions?

Volker