• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2014
    n.p. MICHAEL GIACCHINO - star trek: into darkness

So.Good.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    KROKODEZIL?

biggrin

I liked Koko. Even if he did only like his music through the medium of youtube unlike, say D, who likes his music through the medium of exotic oil.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE GREY (Marc Streitenfeld)

Not that much in terms of melody, but there's something melancholic about many of the textures here. I don't know....it's intriguing.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote

Not that much in terms of melody, but there's something melancholic about many of the textures here. I don't know....it's intriguing.

Awesome score, worked great in the film. Very chilling and effective and main theme is gorgeous.

Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote
    KROKODEZIL?

biggrin

I liked Koko. Even if he did only like his music through the medium of youtube unlike, say D, who likes his music through the medium of exotic oil.

NO.NO.NO! Don't even mention the Antichrist's name!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote

It does have something about it, far more than anything else I've heard by him.
  1. NP: Highlander (1986) - Michael Camen / Queen

Yes, this is a bootleg, one of only three I own. Yet I have legit releases of the songs and the Highlander compilation album that Silva did back in the 90s. So my concious is calm. wink

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    No God, No Master
    No Woman, No Cry

Really very good indeed.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2014
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Highlander (1986) - Michael Camen / Queen

Yes, this is a bootleg, one of only three I own. Yet I have legit releases of the songs and the Highlander compilation album that Silva did back in the 90s. So my concious is calm. wink

Volker

It really is about time this cult classic score was released. Preferably with all the Queen tracks too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2014 edited
    Thinking about it I wonder if it's Queen's contributions that are holding it up?

That's where the money is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote

It does have something about it, far more than anything else I've heard by him.

Indeed, it would be his best moment by far, so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    No God, No Master
    No Woman, No Cry

Really very good indeed.

(actually it translates to no woman, don't cry) smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    NP: Le Voyage Dans La Lune - Air

Lovely! The album runs twice the length of the actual (1902!) film, but hey, who cares?
    Very laid-back, mostly dreamy stuff, bordering on ambient lounge. Love it! love
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote

Lovely! The album runs twice the length of the actual (1902!) film, but hey, who cares?

Interesting, wasn't aware of this. Thanks for the heads-up. I love both early cinema and Air, so it should be up my alley.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh yeah, it definitely should, Thor!

You can buy the restored DVD with Air's score (as I did), a version where the album is separately bundled (as the Captain did)...or you can just have a look on YouTube! smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Oh yeah, it definitely should, Thor!

You can buy the restored DVD with Air's score (as I did), a version where the album is separately bundled (as the Captain did)...or you can just have a look on YouTube! smile

cool
  2. A thread over at FSM inspired me to play

STAR TREK GENRATIONS (1995) - Dennis McCarthy

I love this score and I belive the film is - several plot holes and logical rollercoaster notwithstanding - underrated. As a whole the story works. Great cast, great visuals, some outstanding moments.

Kirk: Did we do it? Did we make a difference?
    Picard: Oh, yes. We made a difference. Thank you.
    Kirk: Least I could do for the captain of the Enterprise. ... It was... fun. Oh, my...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    McCarthy has always been kinda non-descript to me, but that one is his best work.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Star Trek Generations was actually released in... cool ... 1994.

God I'm so fucking cool.
  3. Yes, you are. cheesy

Corrected that in my media database.
  4. Steven wrote
    Star Trek Generations was actually released in... cool ... 1994.

God I'm so fucking cool.

Well, some places, but most:

Germany 9 February 1995
    UK 10 February 1995
    Ireland 10 February 1995
    Spain 20 February 1995
    Netherlands 2 March 1995
    Denmark 3 March 1995
    Portugal 24 March 1995
    France 29 March 1995
    Australia 30 March 1995
    Poland 31 March 1995
    Czech Republic 20 April 1995
    Hungary 13 July 1995
    Finland 25 August 1995
    Greece 22 September 1995
    South Korea 21 October 1995
    Sweden 15 December 1995 (video premiere)
    Japan 23 December 1995
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm so putting this in my nerd bank. I just got even cooler. cool
  5. I don't check the actual release date when I rip a score to my music library. I just use the year of copyright as stated in the credits of the CD. That might explain the iaccuracy. On the other side even film databases sometimes give conflicting information regarding the year of release. We discussed this in Tom's Best Film List thread a few weeks ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Neither do I (although I haven't ripped a cd into my library for years). I just have an eidetic memory when it comes to film dates. It's my useless superhero power. I'll probably get Tyler Bates to score the movie about me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote

Interesting, wasn't aware of this. Thanks for the heads-up. I love both early cinema and Air, so it should be up my alley.

Air is one of those groups i could never, never get into no matter how hard and repeatedly i tried.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote

Air is one of those groups i could never, never get into no matter how hard and repeatedly i tried.

Sorry to hear that. They've always been a favourite of mine, although I was disappointed by their score for the Norwegian film PIONÉER last year. They did much better with Sophia Coppola's VIRGIN SUICIDES.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sophia Coppola's VIRGIN SUICIDES is exactly when i started disliking them (did like some of their earlier non film music stuff). I found that movie too pretentious and the score made it even worse. And their scores afterwards weren't better for me either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ah, I see. I loved that film, as I have all of Coppola's work, although I found last year's BLING RING the weakest of the "trilogy" about youthful exuberance and wild living the least satisfying (the other two being PAIN & GAIN and SPRING BREAKERS).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bling Ring is directed by whom? haven't seen this, from the list you mention.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    Bling Ring is directed by whom? haven't seen this, from the list you mention.

Sophia Coppola.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, i see. Thanks. Haven't really appreciated the fuss about Sophia Coppola so far apart that she is a Coppola. Although Lost in Translation was quite good indeed.