• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2014
    I still don't like Copperfield, if that helps.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2014 edited
    Steven wrote
    I still don't like Copperfield, if that helps.

I didn't like COPPERHEAD which almost everyone seemed to like. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Copperhead?

Loved it.

Tokarev - Laurent Eyquem

Something very different from him this time, a very modern and hard-edged thriller score. Impressive.
    • CommentAuthorMWippel
    THE TOWER - Christopher Young

Less known but maybe on of his best scores - Brilliant!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Middle-aged Radioactive Kung Fu Tortoises Brian Tyler

This is my favourite Tyler score. (I'm annoyed at myself for initially dismissing this one. Urgh.)

I did exactly the same, and yet I am in complete agreement with you. It's not smart, innovative, or anything we haven't heard before, but it just...works. Decent themes (though not beating Iron Man 3), tons of interesting action music, and for the first time, an album that doesn't outstay its welcome. All those little things I've enjoyed over the years from Tyler are here but they finally feel fleshed out.

Easily the most enjoyable score of the year.
  1. Anthony wrote
    Easily the most enjoyable score of the year.

shocked shocked shocked

I mean, TMNT is hella enjoyable and I agree with everything you said in the first paragraph, but...but...you're like one of the Powell guys at MT! HTTYD 2 man! HTTYD tooooooooooo cry
  2. NP: A Nightingale Falling - Graeme Stewart

A beautiful, lush orchestral score for a film released this month in Ireland that's set in the war for the independence of Ireland. It's a low budget film but you wouldn't think it much from the score - though the recording does sound a bit flat to me. Regardless of how it sounds, the quality of Stewart's score does show through.

Well worth taking a listen to if you get the chance.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: A Nightingale Falling - Graeme Stewart

A beautiful, lush orchestral score for a film released this month in Ireland that's set in the war for the independence of Ireland. It's a low budget film but you wouldn't think it much from the score - though the recording does sound a bit flat to me. Regardless of how it sounds, the quality of Stewart's score does show through.

I found this on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQBG7B_HLXI
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. justin boggan wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: A Nightingale Falling - Graeme Stewart

I found this on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQBG7B_HLXI

Cheers Justin.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2014 edited
    Those who didn't like Copperhead, Winnie Mandela, or this year's The Liberator: you have no souls.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. NP: Mister Moses - John Barry

First listen. I like what I hear so far.

PS: Fields of Lost Shoes is next.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2014
    The Grey Pilgrim wrote
    NP: Mister Moses - John Barry

First listen. I like what I hear so far.

Just got this in the post. Will listen later.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Demetris wrote
    Those who didn't like Copperhead, Winnie Mandela, or this year's The Liberator: you have no souls.

I like them. But I also like the song from Winnie Mandela. Don't kill me.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote

Go listen to the Abyss end credits.

....Fact?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Time for a new page. Since I'm not listening to something someone else can go ahead.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Demetris wrote

Go listen to the Abyss end credits.

....Fact?

Heard it when you first posted it and was reminded of it (have heard it in the past). I don't think it's that great. Reminded me of Elliot Goldenthal's FINAL FANTASY type of writing, only not as good i am afraid.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.