• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2014 edited
    NP: Medal of Honor - Michael Giacchino

This doesn't sound like Junkie XL, which is a good thing.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. NP: The Reivers (1968) - John Williams

What a lovely score this one is. One of the finest pre-SW-scores for shure.

Someone (Erik?) mentioned that the theme of some recent score bore some resembalce with this one. I can't remember exactly.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2014
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Rome & Juliet (2013) - Abel Korzeniowsky

Beautiful!
    Still, I'd love to hear Horner's score some day.

Volker

Love Abel's score, gorgeous from note 1 to end; have you heard his W.E. and A SINGLE MAN too?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: The Reivers (1968) - John Williams

Someone (Erik?) mentioned that the theme of some recent score bore some resembalce with this one. I can't remember exactly.

Volker

Such an important and historic score. You should really check out the concert version of this score with narration by Burgess Meredith. It's on a Boston Pops album called Music For Stage and Screen. Actually, you can hear the entire suite at http://www.cinematicsound.net/1963-2/ Right at the end of Part I.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Demetris:

Nope. The only other one I know is Copernicus' Star. These two score alone have brought AK up front and center to my attention. So I am certianly going to look into his other works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Captain Future wrote
    Demetris:

Nope. The only other one I know is Copernicus' Star. These two score alone have brought AK up front and center to my attention. So I am certianly going to look into his other works.

Check out Escape From Tomorrow. http://www.cinematicsound.net/the-best-scores-of-2013/

-Erik-
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Demetris:

Check out Escape From Tomorrow. http://www.cinematicsound.net/the-best-scores-of-2013/

-Erik-

Bookmarked! Will do so. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Demetris:

-Erik-

Now everything is done, dusted and settled I have to say that Escape From Tomorrow was my favourite score from last year.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Demetris:

-Erik-

Now everything is done, dusted and settled I have to say that Escape From Tomorrow was my favourite score from last year.

punk
  4. Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Demetris:

-Erik-

Another bookmark!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Captain Future wrote
    Demetris:

bOY, you're in for a treat my friend!
  5. I just saw they sell W/E for 6 € on amazon.de. Instantly bought.
    Escape from Tomorrow: Well, I still don't download. But I am going to install spotify this weekend.

I misspelled his name: Abel Korzeniowski
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: The Reivers (1968) - John Williams

Volker

We probably wouldn't have had all those classic Spielberg scores if it wasn't for this!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2014
    NP: The Saint - Graeme Revell

I remember watching this movie in the theater and really liking the love theme. So I bought the score, which required some extensive searching. I wish there were more iteration of the love theme, but I'm glad that Mr. Revell included all of them(?). The rest of the score is very good, as good as Graeme's ever done. There were electronics interspersed in, but the majority of the score is well rendered in orchestral instrumentation.
  6. Revell did somewhere over five versions of the love theme, which were not included on the commercial CD.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2014 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Revell did somewhere over five versions of the love theme, which were not included on the commercial CD.

Now I have another reason to want an Expanded Version of the score. MAKE IT HAPPEN LALALAND, PLEASE!!!!!!

The End Titles/Love Theme Suite is gorgeous. I would love to hear an album of such music.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lp wrote
    NP: The Saint - Graeme Revell

I remember watching this movie in the theater and really liking the love theme. So I bought the score, which required some extensive searching. I wish there were more iteration of the love theme, but I'm glad that Mr. Revell included all of them(?). The rest of the score is very good, as good as Graeme's ever done. There were electronics interspersed in, but the majority of the score is well rendered in orchestral instrumentation.

An excellent score!

lp wrote
    Now I have another reason to want an Expanded Version of the score. MAKE IT HAPPEN LALALAND, PLEASE!!!!!!

yeah
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Where is Revell these days btw?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: The Blue Max - Jerry Goldsmith

The best part about the score is the action cues. They're highly wound, punchy, intense cues that really grabs the attention and completely overwhelms you. Everything else is gravy. I've heard about 3 versions of this score now, and I will say that the LLLR edition cleans up much of the artifacts and eliminated much of the tinny sound that marred the listening experience. I personally wouldn't mind a re-recording of this score, preferably done by Nic Raine and the City of Prague Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lp wrote
    I personally wouldn't mind a re-recording of this score, preferably done by Nic Raine and the City of Prague Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra.

Have you heard THIS re-recording?

-Erik-
  7. Or this one?

http://www.amazon.de/Jerry-Goldsmith-Ye … +Goldsmith
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    lp wrote
    I personally wouldn't mind a re-recording of this score, preferably done by Nic Raine and the City of Prague Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra.

Have you heard THIS re-recording?

-Erik-

NOPE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods

Same recording, Captain.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote

Same recording, Captain.

-Erik-

It does sound much MUCH better. Full bodied, warm sound with a wider dynamic range. However, there isn't the same immediacy that I felt with the dry-er recording.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Same recording, Captain.

-Erik-

It does sound much MUCH better. Full bodied, warm sound with a wider dynamic range. However, there isn't the same immediacy that I felt with the dry-er recording.

Well, you won't get a dry recording with the City of Prague Philharmonic. If you want close miked then Tribute Film Classics would be more suited to your preference of recording.

-Erik-
  8. Erik Woods wrote

Same recording, Captain.

-Erik-

I see. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Same recording, Captain.

-Erik-

Well, you won't get a dry recording with the City of Prague Philharmonic. If you want close miked then Tribute Film Classics would be more suited to your preference of recording.

-Erik-

I like the original recording for its sense of urgency, mostly trying to match to the click track. I prefer the brassy vibrant take that Nic Raine has emphasized in the various recordings he's done with the Prague symphony.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014 edited
    I find THE BLUE MAX to be a grating score. I sold my ol' copy several months ago.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014
    Thor wrote
    I find THE BLUE MAX to be a grating score. I sold my ol' copy several months ago.

Really!??
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014
    Thor wrote

It's time for you to leave. Seriously. Go!

-Erik-