• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I reckon, he is.

http://www.photoscanada.com/gallery/alb … ng_007.jpg
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014
    Harsh? Moi? Just tellin' ya how it is. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014
    Captain Future wrote
    I reckon, he is.

http://www.photoscanada.com/gallery/alb … ng_007.jpg

More like... http://www.shockmansion.com/wp-content/ … /hmghk.jpg

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2014
    NP: RUSSLAND (Kolja Erdmann)

This is fantastic! Such lovely melodies steeped in Russian melancholy.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    NP: RUSSLAND (Kolja Erdmann)

This is fantastic! Such lovely melodies steeped in Russian melancholy.

Absolutely agree, this man writes beautifully. Are you familiar with other scores by him?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nope. Not yet.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Priest - Christopher Young

"A World Without End" is just magnificent. I wish I got to hear more from this guy.
  2. Love that score! My favorite of 2011, which is saying something as I thought that was a pretty strong year all around. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Shipping News - Christopher Young

This is my favourite celtic-flavoured film score and possibly my favourite Christopher Young score, which is odd because it's atypical for him in style. I never tire of listening to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2014 edited
    NP: CHRISTMAS IN PINCHCLIFFE (Knut Avenstroup Haugen)

One of the very best animated scores last year, and I'm sad to see that it wasn't appreciated more widely internationally (of course, that may be because it doesn't have a commercially available soundtrack yet). Lovely, lush, romantic and an unintended nod to John Barry's Dunbar theme too.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Southall wrote

This is my favourite celtic-flavoured film score and possibly my favourite Christopher Young score, which is odd because it's atypical for him in style. I never tire of listening to it.

A very firm favourite of mine too.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. NP: Skull Legends - Mateo Pascual

I post this with some trepidation: it's not original and contains nothing groundbreaking. But, goodness, it is a damn fine listen.

Driving percussions, massed chorus, ostinato strings. I love it!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2014
    Southall wrote

"A World Without End" is just magnificent. I wish I got to hear more from this guy.

A score that would have fit just fine in the Batman reboot films.

-Erik-
  5. Just been trying to listen to Junkie XL's 300: Rise of An Empire. Not easy to find much to really enjoy - except for the tracks that have that sort of industrial percussive sound that I liked so much in Ilan Eshkeri's Coriolanus.

I'd certainly recommend the music I put on after XL's score: Niall Byrne's low-key, emotional score for his 2000 film Country has just been released in digital form.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Excellent score! I found it for £2 sealed.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

A score that would have fit just fine in the Batman reboot films.

Are you saying that in a positive, this-is-what-Zimmer-could-have-done kind of way, or a negative, this-just-sounds-like-Zimmer kind of way?

I do kind of agree with you, although obviously there wouldn't be quite as many overt religious overtones. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Positive.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    JP : SAVING MR BANKS - Thomas Newman

My first listen. Another gossamer, delicate as antique glass score from Newman. Very pleasant and an enjoyable listen.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2014 edited
    NP: AGE OF CONAN: HYBERIAN ADVENTURES (Knut Avenstroup Haugen)

Stupendous! I'm proud to call Knut a good friend.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Timmer wrote
    JP : SAVING MR BANKS - Thomas Newman

My first listen. Another gossamer, delicate as antique glass score from Newman. Very pleasant and an enjoyable listen.

I think that To My Mother is a masterpiece of dramatic music.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What, in context with the film or as a stand-alone-piece?

EDIT: Just went back and had a listen to 'To My Mother'. It's nice and all but a masterpiece of dramatic music? I'm guessing you must mean in context with it's film!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    Martijn wrote
    Oh, and HI Adam!! wave
    Long time no see!

wave Indeed it has been a long time. I usually visit now and then, but it has not been very frequent as of late. I have had a long "classical" period where I have listened to less film music than usual, but I have realised that I really miss film music and am trying to catch up with the news from the last two years - quite a lot to digest of course.

NP: Lincoln - John Williams

Lovely this one. He really still knows how to do it. (Not that I had any doubts.)
    - What matters is the music -
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LINCOLN didn't touch me at all and I think seeing the film made me appreciate it even less. Still, youre coming back with a "fresh-ear" so to speak wink

Good to see you here Adam.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    LINCOLN didn't touch me at all...

Did he at least buy you dinner?

Yes, I know. Coat.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    boot
  8. Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    LINCOLN didn't touch me at all...

Did he at least buy you dinner?

Yes, I know. Coat.

I'll be in my b... never mind.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: The Musketeer - David Arnold

Such lovely orchestral action. Can't wait for this guy to come back to do more movies.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lp wrote
    Can't wait for this guy to come back to do more movies.

More to the point, I wonder why he hasn't done any movies recently or has anything coming up? I like Arnold but I'm not a big fan so I don't keep an overly close eye on what he's up to, anyone here know?

I've heard about a MADE IN DAGENHAM musical ( oh dear! ), is he involved in that?
  9. 300: Rise of an Empire - Tom Holkenborg alias Junkie XL

Somebody should tell this guy that it takes more than drums to write effective action music. My ears! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Love that score! My favorite of 2011, which is saying something as I thought that was a pretty strong year all around. punk

Agree, awesome score for a nice movie too. Where's Chris Young lately btw?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.