• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2014
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Stalingrad - Angelo Badalamenti

WOW!

My top ten of 2013 list could be changing because of this one. Three tracks in and so far it's gorgeous!

-Erik-

Absolutely agree; Reminded me of Trevor Jones at his finest, with of course the Badalamenti air all over it, especially from his gem THE CITY OF THE LOST CHILDREN. Lyrical, deeply thematic, love it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    O Tempo e o Vento - Alexandre Guerra

Very nice old-school romantic epic score.

Indeed, it's in my top list for 2013 which is huge and i am struggling to limit down to 10.
  1. LEGENDS OF CHIMA - Anthony Lledo

This is quite good. Big orchestra adventure score, that gets quite Williamsesque at times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2014 edited
    Indeed, christopher, i love it too! 2013 is full of surprises.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    Demetris wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Stalingrad - Angelo Badalamenti

WOW!

My top ten of 2013 list could be changing because of this one. Three tracks in and so far it's gorgeous!

-Erik-

Absolutely agree; Reminded me of Trevor Jones at his finest, with of course the Badalamenti air all over it, especially from his gem THE CITY OF THE LOST CHILDREN. Lyrical, deeply thematic, love it.

can someone tell me please, where i can listen to samples?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It will be out on MovieScore Media / Kronos soon, stay tuned smile January 28th
    • CommentAuthorLars
    Demetris wrote
    It will be out on MovieScore Media / Kronos soon, stay tuned smile January 28th

oh great, thank you for the information.
  2. YAY, this means it'll appear on Spotify as well! Kudos to Mikael for doing that smile .
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Kudos for Mikael sending promotional copies out "early" so that it can be considered as a 2013 score! punk
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mikael has had me in awe this year; MSM always puts out excellent releases, but this year a lot of my top for 2013 scores are their's ! Amazing music, like

THE THIRTEENTH TALE
    STALINGRAND
    EL TIEMPO ENTRE COSTURAS
    LEGENDS OF CHIMA
    THE LITTLE WIZARD
    LOST PLACE
    LA MULA
    COLETTE
    LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED

Boy what an amazing year!
  4. I'll add Gagarin: First in Space to D's list. And while I didn't think BLOOD was quite as good as some of those, the final two tracks are among the finest music written last year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    Mikael has had me in awe this year; MSM always puts out excellent releases, but this year a lot of my top for 2013 scores are their's ! Amazing music, like

THE THIRTEENTH TALE
    STALINGRAND
    EL TIEMPO ENTRE COSTURAS
    LEGENDS OF CHIMA
    THE LITTLE WIZARD
    LOST PLACE
    LA MULA
    COLETTE
    LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED

Boy what an amazing year!

Don't forget the wonderful ANNE & ALET by our own Mark!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    IndeeD! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE SAINT - Edwin Astley

I don't think any of the tracks on this are original score? This is more easy going light jazz arrangements but it is a very nice listen.

For anyone interested I listened to this on Spotify.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - Patrick Doyle

Hmm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Mannix - Lalo Schifrin

If you're up for some funky jazz & loungy themes then you're set with this album ...
    One of my favourites on this is Endgame , I just love that track ! smile
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  5. Southall wrote

Hmm.

I thought that this was a big disappointment. Doyle having to write in the style of that genre rather than bringing his style to the film.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Doyle has lost it i think. Same as Silvestri.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote

Hmm.

I thought that this was a big disappointment. Doyle having to write in the style of that genre rather than bringing his style to the film.

If I wanted to listen to Henry Jackman, I'd listen to... oh wait, no I wouldn't. Why would I want to listen to Henry Jackman?

It's like someone talented pretending to be Henry Jackman. I gave up after a few tracks. Will try again another time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Demetris wrote

The Puppeteer was really good last year, I thought.
  6. NP:
    Beyond Rangoon (1995) - Hans Zimmer
    Heaven and Earth (1993) - Kitaro
    Empire of the Sun (1987) - John Williams
    The Thin Red Line (1999) - Hans Zimmer

When that line up is concluded I hope I will have finished marking the essays I set myself tonight.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    All excellent scores Captain!
  7. Captain Future wrote
    NP:
    Beyond Rangoon (1995) - Hans Zimmer
    Heaven and Earth (1993) - Kitaro
    Empire of the Sun (1987) - John Williams
    The Thin Red Line (1999) - Hans Zimmer

When that line up is concluded I hope I will have finished marking the essays I set myself tonight.

Volker

Are the essay subjects in any way related to the Far East?

Great, great line-up, personal favourites there.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  8. No, they are about "Kabale und Liebe" by Friedrich Schiller. But I like thematically related line ups.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Demetris wrote

Doyle hasn't lost it. Come on. He's had two bummers... Thor and now Jack Ryan. Doyle has written Impressions of America, The Puppeteer, Brave, La Ligne Droite, Nim's Island, As You Like It, and Killing Me Softly in the past five years alone. Yeah, stop this nonsense. He still has it.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  9. In my books Thor isn't a bummer. But of course I like Ender's Game and Man of Steel ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Demetris wrote

Doyle hasn't lost it. Come on. He's had two bummers... Thor and now Jack Ryan. Doyle has written Impressions of America, The Puppeteer, Brave, La Ligne Droite, Nim's Island, As You Like It, and Killing Me Softly in the past five years alone. Yeah, stop this nonsense. He still has it.

-Erik-

Impressions of America is supposed to convince me otherwise? I found it awful, childish and out of his league. Puppeteer and Brave were fun but forgettable. Compare them with stuff like this year's wholly thematic and amazing Legends of Chima, The Little Wizard or Justin and the Knights of Valour. Don't tell me he doesn't sound uninspired in comparson? La Ligne Droite, now, that was good and experiemntal indeed. I don't even remember Nim's Island. Also wasn't Killing me softly 12 years ago? Yeah, not a pretty good output.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Demetris wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Demetris wrote

-Erik-

Impressions of America is supposed to convince me otherwise? I found it awful, childish and out of his league.

Out of his league? What league? confused

Demetris wrote
    Puppeteer and Brave were fun but forgettable. Compare them with stuff like this year's wholly thematic and amazing Legends of Chima, The Little Wizard or Justin and the Knights of Valour.

Brave wins hands down!

Demetris wrote
    Don't tell me he doesn't sound uninspired in comparson?

He doesn't... unless he's working on stuff that's forcing him to do this RC/MV sound that he is clearly not comfortable doing.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2014 edited
    NP: Justin and the Knights of Valour - Ilan Eshkeri

Nice theme but takes ten tracks for this one to come to life. Lots of meandering. Solid action cues but I'd rather listen to The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey... and I didn't really like The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2014
    I'm not really sure how anyone could like Justin and the Knight of Valour over The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. I mean, I'm no Smaug sympathizer but my God is Justin a snoozer. Yes, this is aimed at you, D. Just curious as you what you found in Justin and the Knight that isn't in Smaug?

confused

-Erik-