• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2013 edited
  1. Sounds quite nice. A bit of a Philip Glass influence with the organ, I think. But those strings...man do they sound fake. I hope this is just an early demo, and that the final product won't sound so cheap.

Then again, this is Hans. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2013

sleep
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2013
    Blimey, does that trailer ever start!? rolleyes sleep
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. This is a bit like the intro of Enterprise only not as brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djH2dEemxJ0
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2013
    It's Christopher Nolan. Quality guaranteed. Can't wait.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Indeed. I'm sure it'll be a proper sci-fi experience!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    People, it's a TEASER. It sets the MOOD. I think it works very well and it has me hyped! Love the direction Nolan is taking this in - science-fiction with its core in reality, it seems. Typically Nolan.

Zimmer's music reminds me of Kent's theme from Man of Steel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Captain Future wrote
    This is a bit like the intro of Enterprise only not as brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djH2dEemxJ0

It's a nice little montage, but it also beholds one of Trek's greatest fuck ups; that song. vomit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

sleep

yeah
    What is this, Nolan doing Terry Malick?

Why Nolan is so revered is beyond me, a seriously overrated director IMO.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I don't know about being overrated, but I'm certainly a fan of his movies and his style. Memento, The Prestige, The Dark Knight and Inception are all well within my top 50 films. I can't wait for a sci-fi Nolan film!
  3. I think, based on this teaser, you really can't predict very much about the film.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I refuse to watch a teaser trailer for a film that won't be released for almost another year. Fuck that shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The trailer reminds me of the Smallville sequences from MAN OF STEEL (in which Nolan served as producer). The trailer for that film also had Malick vibes.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nolan is definitely not overrated, he has a very distinct style and voice of his own which is a rare quality these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's always been a rare quality I would imagine. Relatively speaking, cinematic history isn't filled with masterpiece after masterpiece. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He's an emo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    It's always been a rare quality I would imagine. Relatively speaking, cinematic history isn't filled with masterpiece after masterpiece. wink

You're not wrong; but Hollywood during the last 5-6 years is hopelessly repeating itself, desperate for money; and filmmakers with identifiable voice and character in their films are slowly vanishing;
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2013 edited
    Timmer wrote
    He's an emo.

D, or Nolan?
  4. Saying that everything is worse these days has never been true; it's just that we forget older crap and only revisit the good stuff. I'm sure film score listeners in 20 years will be looking back on "the RC years" with fondness. Hell, there are plenty of current film score listeners (and I'm one of them) who look back on "the MV years" of the late 90s with fondness. I bet lots of fans at the time thought that film music was in an awful state too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    He's an emo.

D, or Nolan?

Take your pick wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2013 edited
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Saying that everything is worse these days has never been true; it's just that we forget older crap and only revisit the good stuff. I'm sure film score listeners in 20 years will be looking back on "the RC years" with fondness. Hell, there are plenty of current film score listeners (and I'm one of them) who look back on "the MV years" of the late 90s with fondness. I bet lots of fans at the time thought that film music was in an awful state too.

Was talking about films and filmmakers. Here i am celebrating Nolan, and i get a negative tag again; are you people for real? Where did i say "everything is worse nowadays"? Quote me.

As for scores, i said numerous times that 2013 has been an amazing year for film scores, but my point above was for films; you're putting words into my mouth.
  5. Demetris wrote
    Hollywood during the last 5-6 years is hopelessly repeating itself, desperate for money; and filmmakers with identifiable voice and character in their films are slowly vanishing;

I made the jump to film scores because that's what we all talk about, but it applies to anything. Sturgeon's Law is universal. And I don't think Hollywood is repeating itself now much more than it ever has; we're just overexposed because of the Internet etc. and the fact that we don't remember the forgettable stuff because, well, it was forgettable! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2021
    I think it's fascinating to read threads about films (and scores) that we now consider "iconic" back when they were upcoming or fresh. Little did we know what this would turn out to be back in 2013.
    I am extremely serious.