• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Soon, my precious...

Synchrotones will announce its Nominees for the yet uncoveted Synchrotones Soundtrack Awards.
    The click is tocking.... stay tuned!

The will be winners. The will be losers. There will be blood.
    Nope, sorry, I've just been informed there won't be any blood.

Best bring your own drinks then.

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  2. Have you been drinking? drink tongue
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. Not yet... saving myself for the Nominations after-party biggrin
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2013
    I'm at the pre-party right now and there's a lot of shit going down.

It's going down the toilet. And in my experience, that's the best place for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2013
    biggrin
    listen to more classical music!
  4. HERE WE GOOOO!!!

Synchrotones presents its first and yet uncoveted 2013 Synchrotones Soundtrack Awards.
    Read all about it at: http://synchrotones.wordpress.com/

Thanks to all who supported Synchrotones this year. It is appreciated! beer

Stay tuned and up to date via twitter @synchrotones.

<s>
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2013
    "The winners will be announced on Friday, January 3rd, 2014."

Wait! What? "Announced"? On whose authority? Who's voting?
    I want to vote too!
    Yes, alright, I may have heard maybe 3% of everything nominated but as a matter of principle I demand my democratic right!
    You have no right denying me! I won't be oppressed.
    We shall overcome!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Synchrotones enjoys backing from leading figures such as Vigo the Carpathian.
    If you want to vote, then vote. Please note that it may not be counted, yet you may still be charged.
    Alternatively, join the Synchrotonic Empire and ye shall set be set freeeee!

Yeah, I know... sleep

<s>
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2013
    Meanie. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. 3% - Yeah, that's about it.

wink Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2013 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Meanie. sad

MEANIES THEME

not very accurately credited is it? rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. 3% ..?! What do you people do all day? rolleyes

<s>
  8. THE TIME HAS COME!

Synchrotones reveals the winners and runners-up of its first, annual Synchrotones' Soundtrack Awards (2013).
    Who won? Who didn't? Who is composer of the year? And... how many best cues of the year?!

Read all about it HERE.

<s>
    •  
      CommentAuthorSynchrotones
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2014 edited
    Synchrotones has announced its nominees for the 2014 Synchrotone Soundtrack Awards - yes, that increasingly popular award so many fight over. Last year, I swear, I saw Steven Price and Ilan Eshkeri having a brawl over over of these!

Without further ado.... here are the nominees:

http://wp.me/p3hOx4-eJ

<s>
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2014
    You appear to have nominated Jack Ryan as best action/thriller/war score. You may want to look into that.
  9. Jack Ryan is an OK score. It's not as terrible as some people claim it to be, and neither is it worthy of that nomination (especially considering Tyler's Turtles score is missing from the same category - although I'm not actually sure which "action" category it would land in).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's not terrible like the screeching noise in Winter Soldier, but it's terrible simply because it's so dull. A piece of computer software might as well have composed it. (I'm not entirely convinced most of it wasn't.)
  10. Nah, it has a bit more panache than that. To me it's a competent but very forgettable post-Bourne thriller score. I'm not particularly fond of the "a computer could have written this" insult in general, and I don't think I've ever heard a score to which I'd apply it and really mean it. <-- This is the kind of thing D is talking about, isn't it. Sorry guys shame

I think it's because it's Doyle that people are so hard on it. Put Djawadi's name on the album cover and everyone would have just shrugged, called it OK and moved on. That's fair enough - I have higher expectations from a Doyle score than a Djawadi one as well - but taken on its own terms, the score is no more nor less than "OK". And it has one track I really like (the big thematic one at the end, "Ryan, Mr. President").

Still, it's not worth making any "best of" lists.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think it's a fitting insult.

I can't speak for anyone else, but whether it was Doyle or Djawadi ultimately has no bearing on how much I enjoy it. Sure, had Williams wrote this note for note, bleep for bleep, there would at least have been a level of intrigue to it, "Williams Writes His Most Modern Score To Date! Read All About It!" But that wouldn't make the music any better. Shit is shit, no matter who -or what- wrote it.
  11. No possibility of any last-minute contenders then?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    My boiler is making very weird noises? It's very rhythmic. I think this could easily replace Jack Ryan.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'd replace IT before it replaces YOU!!!

Seriously. If it is making weird noises get it seen to.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  12. I agree that Jack Ryan is a mediocre score and not really worth a nomination (though I do actually rather enjoy the album - much more than the mention TMNT).

Without going into boring details... compared to last year, I changed the categories a little bit. I tried to get a little closer to the IFMCA's set-up (though I don't entirely agree with their set-up, hence I only partially re-alligned my categories to match theirs).

This reshuffle made me struggle with some of the nominees... and ultimately Jack Ryan was lucky enough to stay on there.

I have no regrets though... I enjoy every score on there. And I've been a little liberal with The Giver's genre to ensure it made the list.

Pete.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

It does feel like borrowed time...

(The boiler man guy should be coming some time this week. I bloody hope it doesn't need replacing.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

It does feel like borrowed time...

(The boiler man guy should be coming some time this week. I bloody hope it doesn't need replacing.)

If you're renting it is your landlords law bound duty to fix or replace it with no charge to you.

If you feel unsafe make him get his arse over immediately, no excuses, these things can be dangerous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    My landlords are my parents. biggrin (I'm not living with them. But they own the property, and money is very tight for everyone at the moment. slant )
  13. Synchrotones wrote
    I agree that Jack Ryan is a mediocre score and not really worth a nomination (though I do actually rather enjoy the album - much more than the mention TMNT).

What is it about TMNT you don't like? The theme? Yeah, it's too simplistic, but it's the writing in which that theme is wrapped that I find really impressive. Too exhausting? I could understand that too, I guess - my tastes are such that I see "too exhausting" in a review as a compliment, not a complaint. Other than that, though, I fail to see how Tyler's rhythmically interesting, fully orchestral and choral, quite impressively dense TMNT score could rate below Doyle's effort, which seems to think that all you really need for an action scene is a 4/4 drum loop and a string ostinato.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Teenage Whatever Turtles Or Whatever is a top 5 for 2014 for me! It's fantastic. Tyler's best.
  14. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    What is it about TMNT you don't like?

Maybe I heard it at the wrong time. After Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 and whatnot... it was just too much. I'm kinda Tylered out for now. Yes, his writing is topnotch, I can't fault him for that... I'm just in a different place right now. ..... It's not him, it's me! cheesy
  15. I have quite dramatically edited the list of nominees. I loved every title on there, but the list as whole didn't quite "click" for me - especially around the adventure/fantasy/sci fi category. I tried a different 'formula' with regards to the categories, but it just didn't feel right to me.

So I separated Sci Fi; combined Adventure & Fantasy (instead of Action & Adventure) - and THEN I slashed the number of nominees per category down to three. A bit radical, and anyone who takes this stuff too seriously will probably slate me for it, but it's now a list I feel much happier about. A side-effect of this is that some titles have disappeared, whilst others made it back on.

The link remains the same.