• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2013 edited
    FIMUCITÉ VIII will be devoted to legendary TV series and Batman´s 75th anniversary

Tenerife’s International Film Music Festival (FIMUCITÉ) will pay tribute to these important highlights

Tickets are already on sale for the two great symphonic concerts, which will be celebrated at the Tenerife’s Auditorium

Emmy award winner for “The Tudors” and “The Borgias”, Trevor Morris, will attend the Festival and delight the audience with these scores, together with his music for “The Vikings” and “The Pillars of the Earth”

December 18, 2013.- FIMUCITÉ, held from July 4th until the 12th, sponsored by Cabildo Insular, Gobierno de Canarias and Santa Cruz City Hall, will be dedicated to the most recognized music for TV series that have accompanied generations, and to the 75th anniversary of Batman, the popular comic character, widely adapted for the cinema along the last decades.

Diego Navarro, composer and director of the Festival will conduct the Tenerife’s Symphony Orchestra in both symphonic concerts on July 11th and July 12th at the Tenerife’s Auditorium. Both subjects complexity and range will ensure a great gathering of different generations like never before in FIMUCITÉ. For this reason tickets are already available as a Christmas present for the first time in the history of FIMUCITÉ.

On the other hand, Trevor Morris, composer of The Borgias, The Tudor, The Pillars of the Earth or The Vikings, has confirmed his attendance, joining the list of great names that have already graced the Festival with their presence. Morris is also a musical producer and Hans Zimmer’s former assistant. He has also written some music for Jerry Bruckheimer’s video games “SimCity Societies”, “Army of Two” or “Need for Speed: Carbon”.

For the second year in a row FIMUCITÉ will celebrate FIMUCINEMA, which awards the best soundtrack written for fiction.

All feature films, documentaries and TV Shows, which have been produced after 1st January 2012, not previously distributed commercially or screened in any festival in Spain, can enter the Official Section Competition. The due date for submission is May 15th. Natural persons or legal entities holding the rights to the films will soon find the entry form and download it at Fimucité website www.fimucite.com.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2013
    I partied a bit with Brossé in Vienna. I'd like to do so again. But the Tenerife festival is always difficult -- because of the time (it's difficult to get cheap charter tours at that time).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2013 edited
    Brossé? Party? uhm
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2013 edited
    Ha, ha....you're right, I totally screwed up in my drunken stupor last night. We were partying with DIEGO NAVARRO, not Dirk Brossé. For some reason, I keep confusing these two conductors.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2013
    Bregt wrote
    Brossé? Party? uhm

I recall drinking beer and eating pizza at 1:30am with Dirk Brossé in Birmingham a couple of years ago. Not quite as crazy as Ghent, but I did have to catch a train at 5am.
  1. Thor wrote
    Ha, ha....you're right, I totally screwed up in my drunken stupor last night. We were partying with DIEGO NAVARRO, not Dirk Brossé. For some reason, I keep confusing these two conductors.

Brosse and Navarro are dead ringers. I could meet both in a concert in L.A. (Star Wars in Concert) and at some point it was difficult to be sure who was Dirk and who was Diego. And they both are excellent conductors, by the way.

Tenerife trip can be cheaper if you get the flights with anticipation. Last year the festival arranged some good discounts in the flights and the hotels. The advanced program looks promising and Trevor Morris is always a great reason to attend a Film Music Festival.
  2. Amazing news from the Tenerife Festival! Lee Holdridge, as guest conductor, and Joseph LoDuca will attend the festival!

http://www.fimucite.com/f8/en/news/190- … t-fimucite
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2014 edited
    Armin Tanzariam wrote
    Amazing news from the Tenerife Festival! Lee Holdridge, as guest conductor, and Joseph LoDuca will attend the festival!

http://www.fimucite.com/f8/en/news/190- … t-fimucite

'Amazing' is perhaps exaggerating a bit, but thanks for the news. I'd really like to attend Fimucité one day -- not only for the film music, but for the location as well. I've never been to Tenerife or any of the other islands in the vicinity.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote

'Amazing' is perhaps exaggerating a bit, but thanks for the news. I'd really like to attend Fimucité one day -- not only for the film music, but for the location as well. I've never been to Tenerife or any of the other islands in the vicinity.

My apologizes by the lack of control of my enthusiasm. Lee Holdridge is one of those composers that I think deserves more credit. His film works are really impresive ("The Beastmaster" is among my favorite ones), so I couldn't avoid being expressive about what this kind of news mean.

Joseph LoDuca is another one that should have been in Major League, but his good relationship with Sam Raimi couldn't avoid him falling out of the saddle. His TV scores, like "Xena" or "Spartacus" are brilliant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2014
    I agree with you -- talented fellows, the both of them.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2014
    More guests than last year. Awesome to see.
  4. Next week from July 9th till July 13th, Dutchbat and me are on Tenrife. First time for me, since it was always in a period I could not have vacation. Now I first go to Barcelona (Saturday July 5th), where I go to a movie concert on sunday (http://www.auditori.cat/en/concert/cine … -3095.aspx).
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2014
    FIMUCITÉ 8 closes the edition with packed houses in its unforgettable concerts

FIMUCINEMA gave its Alex North Award to Patrice Dubuc and Gaëtan Gravel for their score for the film “Meetings with a young poet”

FIMUCITÉ will be back from July 3rd to 11th 2015

Santa Cruz de Tenerife (July 24 2014).- The Tenerife International Film Music Festival (FIMUCITÉ), sponsored by the Culture and Foreign Affairs Offices of Cabildo Insular de Tenerife, Canary Islands Government and Santa Cruz and Arona City Councils, brought to an end on Saturday, July 12th, its 8th edition with the ovation of the audience that crowded during the whole week the screenings and concerts, and with the recognition of the local, national and international media. This success consolidates one more year the position of this unavoidable film music event as a reference of its kind.

The Closing Gala on Saturday 12th and the concert on Friday 11th, both held at the Tenerife Auditorium “Adán Martín”, played to packed houses, and some days after, they are still trending topic in the social networks, which are still praising the extraordinary work of all the participants and the guests soloists, and especially the work of the Orquesta Sinfónica de Tenerife (OST), conducted this year by the legendary Lee Holdridge, Trevor Morris (with the socres for “The Borgias” or “The Tudors”), Joseph LoDuca (composer for “Xena” or “Spartacus”), and Diego Navarro, composer and director of FIMUCITÉ.

A whole week dedicated to the world of film music has ended. FIMUCINEMA, its official competitive section, also gave its Alex North Award to the score for the film “Meetings with a Young Poet”, composed by Patrice Dubuc and Gaëtan Gravel. According to the decision of the jury, composed of Luis Ivars, composer and honorific director of Musimagen; the timplist Beselch Rodríguez, and the journalists specialized in cinema Miguel Ángel Rodríguez and Benjamín Santana, this production was awarded due to “its poetic quality to deal with a complex story, drawing its emotional roots, without sentimentality or an excessive underline.”

“Subhanallah”, from the film “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani” won the Best Song Award, “due to the beauty of a theme which brought spirituality and a connection with nature to this emotional youthful love story”. Debbie Wiseman’s score for “Shalom Kabul” won the Best Short Film Score Award for “due to its skill to link the disagreements of the two main characters with the Hebrew tradition which joins and separates them”. And the Best Documentary Score Award was for Santiago Vega for “Entre dos mundos. La historia de Gonzalo Guerrero”, “due to its overwhelming work which achieves to extol and guide the main character’s story, linking him to the pre-Columbian sonority of the Mayan culture”.

Film music lovers, coming from all over the World, could also enjoy the best Great Television Music concert and the Batman 75th Anniversary concert. FIMUCITÉ also promoted, for the first time, a new music experience, a concert dedicated to the most legendary film songs of the 80s, whose two shows played also packed houses at the Guimerá Theater, an experience which will continue in future editions.

It is worth mentioning the presence of maestro Antón García Abril as guest composer, author of the score for “El Hombre y la Tierra”, “Fortunata y Jacinta” or “Anillos de Oro”, and who won this year’s FIMUCITÉ Award “due to the indelible memory he has left as composer for the Spanish audiovisual for more than five decades”. In his honor, this award, also received by the prestigious composers Paul Williams and Elliot Goldenthal, will have the name of Antón García Abril.

FIMUCITÉ has also announced the 9th edition date, which will be held from July, 3rd to 11th, 2015.
    Kazoo