• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2013 edited
    Kind of odd for a film score forum full of geeks but I don't think we have a GEEK thread.

To kick start it off here's an incredibly geeky though terribly important issue that everyone should have a view on...

Basically take a people vote then make it into a mini-movie, pretty good fun too, I'm going to watch the rest of the super power beat downs.

THOR versus SUPERMAN
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. That just redefines "geeky". I always think "who cares" whether Superhero A can take down Superhero B. But obviously a lot of people seem to care.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2013
    I do. It's the geeks version of 'my dad can beat up your dad'. cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hmm, I'll watch this video later.

For now: Zombies. You get to choose two weapons; ballistic and non-ballistic.

Me? A shotgun and a baseball bat. I wouldn't want to risk missing, and I have no confidence in my ability to aim accurately under that much pressure. A baseball bat also wouldn't necessarily get 'stuck' in the zombie, whereas as something like a sword or axe might. Nah, fuck that. I'll have a baseball bat.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I can't fault your logic and zombies are a modern menace that needs dealing with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Timmer wrote

"Man dad can batter your dad..." - Frankie Boyle

http://youtu.be/_jOcgQdh1E0 (perhaps not one for the faint-hearted or easily offended?)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Haha, good stuff, Timmer!

Btw I can't believe so many people answered it with Thor! I mean, you simply have to consider the FACT that Superman can fly faster than the speed of light (when he's really upset about something). Superman is the strongest and the fastest of all, and his eyes are freakin' lasers! No one comes close!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneone

Also, Thor is basically cheating, as it's the hammer that gives him all the power. It's a bit like me acting all tough, bragging that I can beat you in a fight, and then I bring my own flame thrower, incinerate you and declare victory. That's not super power, that's just a normal dude with a powerful weapon!!!!!11111eleven

FalkirkBairn wrote
    I always think "who cares" whether Superhero A can take down Superhero B.

Oh...right.... shame

Peter
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

"Man dad can batter your dad..." - Frankie Boyle

http://youtu.be/_jOcgQdh1E0 (perhaps not one for the faint-hearted or easily offended?)

When he's on form he's brilliant! Mock The Week is far poorer without him.
  2. When Boyle's good he's bad - so to speak! Jimmy Carr's another who doesn't hold back. Some of these "most offensive jokes" videos on YouTube feature a lot of Boyle and Carr.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    Haha, good stuff, Timmer!

Btw I can't believe so many people answered it with Thor! I mean, you simply have to consider the FACT that Superman can fly faster than the speed of light (when he's really upset about something). Superman is the strongest and the fastest of all, and his eyes are freakin' lasers! No one comes close!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneone

Also, Thor is basically cheating, as it's the hammer that gives him all the power. It's a bit like me acting all tough, bragging that I can beat you in a fight, and then I bring my own flame thrower, incinerate you and declare victory. That's not super power, that's just a normal dude with a powerful weapon!

Peter

Thor is anything but a "normal" dude with a hammer. I've seen him go toe to toe with the Hulk after Hulk taunted him that he was nothing without his hammer, Thor put his hammer down and fought him to a standstill.

True story!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    These showdowns remind me of my childhood years when I played with my action figures. I always did this...I had lots of MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE figures, but also Tarzan, The Phantom, Hulk Hogan and others so it was quite a diverse crowd.

Not sure I've kept that interest so much, although I DO still like cool confrontations in films and tv series.

As for Thor and Superman, it's hard to say. I've never really liked or had any connection to the Marvel Thor (to me, there's always been ONE Thor and one Thor only -- and that is the original & gritty Norse God after which I'm named....not the fancy-pants Marvel version). Superman I've read and enjoyed sporadically, so I guess I'll go with him.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm 100% biased and will vote for anyone to smash Superman's smug head in.

I got real joy out of seeing an old aged Batman give him the kicking he deserved.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Balls. Big Blue all the way.
    Thor is just a minor God from a minor pantheon.
    Superman is...well. SUPER. NOBODY beats Supes. NO ONE.
    Especially in a fan flick that still references Christopher Reeve over modern interpretations. love

Oh, and zombies?
    Ballistic.
    With a vengeance.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. http://youtu.be/NXoW-TDzcFU?t=11m51s
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I have no idea what you're trying to say, Captain.
    But I'm dancing like no one can see me.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. I've hacked into your web cam. So I do see you. biggrin

Well, geek ... nerd ... not the same?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

I'm on freaking ACID!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I have no idea what you're trying to say, Captain.
    But I'm dancing like no one can see me.

The Acid just got stronger!!!!!!
  5. Don't jump out of the window! You really can't fly you know? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

Oh...oh my.
    Purple Microdot or Black Blotter?
    Me, I like Purple. Purple never goes out of style. Hm. Yes.
  6. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXXkq7l-wZg
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Is the fact that I'm on youtube for this geeky enough?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ejLj-l8rE
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scribe wrote

Ohhhhhh YES! Absolutely!!! applause

Did you celebrate with champagne? champagne
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Oh...oh my.
    Purple Microdot or Black Blotter?
    Me, I like Purple. Purple never goes out of style. Hm. Yes.

Purple of course fireworks

p.s. Gilliam = Genius
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I don't disagree, and he's one of my favourite directors, but the bit I linked to wasn't by him: it was actually an incredibly funny and clever Gilliam hommage from that great series Fringe.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2013
    Martijn wrote
    I don't disagree, and he's one of my favourite directors, but the bit I linked to wasn't by him: it was actually an incredibly funny and clever Gilliam hommage from that great series Fringe.

Really!???

Totally seamless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    Thor is anything but a "normal" dude with a hammer. I've seen him go toe to toe with the Hulk after Hulk taunted him that he was nothing without his hammer, Thor put his hammer down and fought him to a standstill.

True story!

The only logical way your outlandish claims can be reconciled with the known facts is this: When Thor put the hammer down, Hulk realized how easy the fight would be and he calmed so much down he turned into Bruce Banner, and that's when the fight started.

Peter
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Timmer wrote
    Scribe wrote

Probably just a fist pump and a better mood for the next hour...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scribe wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Scribe wrote

Probably just a fist pump and a better mood for the next hour...

Very downplayed, you must have some English descendants wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    Timmer wrote

True story!

The only logical way your outlandish claims can be reconciled with the known facts is this: When Thor put the hammer down, Hulk realized how easy the fight would be and he calmed so much down he turned into Bruce Banner, and that's when the fight started.

Peter

lol Love it Peter, great reasoning.......even if titanically wrong!