• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. You can say a lot of things about the FSM message board, but one of its more gratifying features is the thriving fellowship of Fivehouse fans. They made this thread their home:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

Lonsdale lives! cheesy
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008
    Who's Alan Fivehouse? spin
  2. All is revealed in the above thread. This madness will take the world by storm. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hmmm, didn't he do a bit of writing on DC Comics' famous Tales Of The Black Freighter run?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Is this SPAM to mae people go to FSM? shocked
    Kazoo
  3. I'm not sure you'd want to replicate it here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We'd probably be better off discussing Ludwig Prinn's magnificent De Vermis Mysteriis.
    Far more spiritually rewarding.
    Is it true Wes Craven is considering filming it? shocked
    Has a composer already been attached?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008 edited
    Never understood that Fivehouse thing and phazed out after just a few posts...not even one page. I believe it's some sort of fictional TV series character that Anzaldiman or Ed Kattak aka Max Bellochio created a year ago or so, and that some people now think actually existed. It's mostly stuff for fans of American 60's and 70's TV series, which I am not.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Aw. Spoilsport. sad
    And I was just getting into the spirit of things as well! biggrin

(Though I would readily admit my references are by far the more obscure slant )
  4. Bregt, can you delete Thor's post? The world can't take this much disbelief.

Thor wrote
    It's mostly stuff for fans of American 60's and 70's TV series, which I am not.

Nonsense. It's stuff for fans of ALAN FIVEHOUSE, and of course, other detective film franchises.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    What's everyone's favourite Alan Fivehouse score? Mine's the one by Kelvin Wheelbarrow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I seriously prefer the avantgarde pop stylings of Peter Golub. Fits the genre so much better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Peter Golub!?

You know that guy?
    That's the co composer of The Great Debaters, with JNH.

James, your problem is solved!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh no.
    The problems are just beginning... biggrin
  5. Rumour has it John Williams had a meeting with Frankenheimer for the first Fivehouse film, but with typically astute career judgement chose not to return all subsequent calls from the producers.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008
    *CHEER*
  6. Yay! A fan!
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008
    I can't believe all the CD artworks that that guy has made.
  7. Indeed. And I can't believe they're pretty much all worse than some of the shockers Varese Sarabande has thrown up over the years. wink
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2012
    Any news on the Fivehouse front, Mr. Franz?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2013
    My source at Movie Wave Records told me that Brian Kilkline is currently in the studio conducting his re-recording of the rejected Elmer Bernstein score for Fivehouse Flies, the unaired pilot for the proposed tv series back from the early 90s. Unfortunately no tapes of the score exist and the score and parts were lost in a fire, so Kilkline has had to reconstruct the score based on a conversation he had with Cynthia Millar, the ondes martenot soloist, who told him that it was 32 minutes long but sadly couldn't remember anything else about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2014
    I've heard that the upcoming Fivehouse reboot starring Damien Lewis has a composer attached already - Gary Hobart is scoring it!

Source: none provided, but he is
  8. I heard that Bonnie Langford had a cameo as Fivehouse's mother.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hard to think she could top June Whitfield in that role.
  9. If only Brian Blessed could come back.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2014 edited
    Yes, movies just haven't been the same since his passing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I passed Brian Blessed once. We'd both been held up by the Trossachs but I was able to move away more quickly.