• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Hey guys, I thought I might start a new thread where I can pimp myself out a little. biggrin

Anyways, without further ado, allow me to present the nominees for the 2013 Tracksounds Awards! If you've got a couple minutes and want to make things dramatic, here's a video announcement (with music by our very own Marius Masalar).

Or if you just want to read it in list form:

And, of course, don't forget to have your own say in the Genius Choice Awards, which we will announce concurrently with our own winners:

I think we've come up with a pretty good field of nominees across the board, with a couple of left-field picks and dark horses. Let me know what you think! And once again, may I remind you all to stay tuned for our upcoming winners' show on the SoundCast. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2014
    The HeyUGuys Interview: Henry Jackman on Scoring Captain America: The Winter Soldier

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/heyuguys-inte … r-soldier/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Voting on the 2013 Genius Choice Awards is closing at 11:59 PM ET on Friday, so get thee hence to thy voting booth and cast your ballot now!

Marius tells me that we've already got over twice the turnout compared to last year, so thanks a bunch for coming through, everyone. smile
  3. http://tracksounds.com/specialfeatures/ … /index.htm

If you've got two and a half spare hours tonight...and yeah, I realize that's a tall order (but the call itself ran for nearly four!)...then kick back with a glass of your favorite poison and join us as we honor the very best in film, TV and video game music that 2013 had to offer. We're announcing both our own winners and those of the Genius Choice Awards, in which you were able to contribute your opinion. Featuring guest award-accepting appearances from composers Olivier Deriviere, Anthony Lledo, Howard Shore, Brian Tyler and Murray Gold, as well as Michael Gerhard and Matt Verboys of La-La Land Records!

Let me know what you think! smile
  4. Tracksounds Special Feature: Music of Shadow - The Castlevania Scores

We present reviews of the scores for both Castlevania: Lords of Shadow games, as well as that for "interquel" DS game Mirror of Fate and an exclusive interview with Oscar Araujo himself (although unfortunately in Spanish). My contribution is the Mirror of Fate review, although I wrote it back in January...now that Lords of Shadow 2 has come out and has a few fully orchestral versions of what we heard in sampled form, it's become a bit less necessary and I wouldn't have rated it quite as highly. You can find my review here.

Also, I'm not sure I agree with my colleague Richard Buxton's glowing review of the second score...it's good, but I also found it inferior to the first one.
  5. Hi folks!

It's that time of the year again for the good folk over at Tracksounds, and after much soul-searching and agonizing (and listening to the obscure Asian stuff Richard Buxton inevitably nominated), we have come up with our nominees for the 2014 Cue Awards. And they are...

...available for you to vote on yourself here! (What, did you think I was just going to tell you? wink ) As usual, we want to know what YOU guys think was the best of what 2014 had to offer, and hence we encourage everybody to take part in the Genius Choice Awards. Just pick your favorite out of the nominees, and you're away!

The voting will be open between now and Monday the 23rd of February, so don't delay! Your vote may make the difference. Looking forward to hearing from you, and stay tuned for the winners' podcast coming in a couple weeks' time!

Thanks everyone. smile
  6. Done! Nice presentation!

V.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  7. That was cool! And those were great nominees.
  8. Thanks for contributing, guys! Yeah, I agree, I think we hit on a good field this year. Not everything I agree with fully, of course, but I think it's a nice balance between diversity and the usual, but nevertheless thoroughly deserved suspects. smile
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016
    How about this year?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  9. Not sure what's happening! I haven't heard anything from Christopher...
  10. Well here's your answer, Kevin...

The nominees for the 2015 Cue Awards!

I know it's a bit late (we didn't even beat the Oscars this time), but I hope you guys aren't so year-end-listed out as to not take a moment to check out our nominees. And if you have a bit more time, don't forget to vote yourself for our Genius Choice Award. If you have any comments, any feedback in general, add your thoughts at the end and we might read it out when we announce the winners next week!