• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Anyone here familiar with Sporcle? It's a website where people can make, share, play etc. little quizzes. I threw a quick one together where you have to name as many film composers as possible in seven minutes. Try it out and let me know what you think and how you do! smile

http://www.sporcle.com/games/LPCouple/film-composers

If you think I've forgotten any important ones, let me know...take it easy, though, Sporcle only lets you put in 300 answers and I've already got about 260 or so. tongue
  2. Klaus Doldinger

Nice idea. Sadly I'm not very good at such things.

wink V.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. Added, thanks Volker. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2014
  4. 75. No Kaczmarek?!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. He should be on there...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2014 edited
    Hmm...I tried the quiz, but there is no sound when I click play!
    I am extremely serious.
  6. It's not a sound quiz, you're just supposed to think of as many composer names as you can. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2014
    lame
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. Well fuck you too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    It's not a sound quiz, you're just supposed to think of as many composer names as you can. wink

Ah.

A bit....uhm...special for a quiz, but I'll give it a go.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I got 112, but then the time ran out.

Loads of composers typed in that weren't there, though, so I wasted some time there. And some I obviously typed in wrong.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Any in particular that I missed? I've still got a few empty slots that I can fill (can't have more than 300), and I'd be glad to patch any significant holes.

And what can I say? I'm a special guy... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, but I typed so fast that I've forgotten many of them now. Lots of French composers, I seem to recall. Francis Lai, for example.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. I'd gladly increase the time limit but 20 minutes is the upper limit for Sporcle. I'll add Francis Lai though. smile
  10. The problem is you're trying to hurry, so you don't know if you duplicate an entry without re-checking your entries.

Anyway, I think about 300 might be how many I could name. I'm going to try, but I'l have to use lower case letters to move more quickly.

EDIT:
    It won't let me enter names and when I pressed pause to figure it out (which I didn't), it wouldn't let me un-pause. Fuck it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  11. If you type in a correct answer, it's automatically deleted from the box and the running total of correct answers just below it increases, so it's not actually that hard to tell if you've typed in a duplicate. And I'm not sure what's going on with the not entering names. Did you accidentally click out of the answer box?

Then again, my quiz is decidedly short on composers who specialized in TV movies of the 70s and 80s so maybe it's just not for you, Justin...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Then again, my quiz is decidedly short on composers who specialized in TV movies of the 70s and 80s so maybe it's just not for you, Justin...

biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    How many can I name? You only need one.

JAMES HORNER

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You're on a bit of a roll Erik. wink

FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  12. Does it count as more than one entry if I enter Tyler Bates*?

* = May contain: Hans Zimmer, Elliot Goldenthal, Gabriel Yared...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  13. Type in Media Ventures or Remote Control and you have 100 composers at a stroke. Then again not everyone there might qualify for that category ...
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  14. 0.

Their parents named them.

Boom! wave
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2014
    Be still my aching ribs.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  15. Here. Your coat. Now go. angry
  16. I'll be in my bunk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2014
    Shiny.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2014
    Only got 58. Remembered most of the major ones, but forgot people like Elliot Goldenthal, Christopher Young, Michael Kamen and John Debney; all composers who are well-represented on my CD shelf smile

Also, 12 of the 58 were Remote Control related composers smile

Fun quiz, though. beer
  17. Thanks for playing! beer
  18. 92.

(Or 94, if I'd remember how to spell Atli Orvarson and Miklos Rozsa correctly...)
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube