• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008 edited
    Ah yeah; and that one shame Although when i learned about the source songs on the 2nd CD i was let down a bit.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ah yeah; and that one shame Although when i learned about the source songs on the 2nd CD i was let down a bit.

Source songs!!? slant rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009
    STAR TREK and TERMINATOR:SALVATION are the 2 films i am SO BADLY looking forward to this season, i can't remember the last time i was so eager to watch a film in particular, like that! punk

The new trailer is amazing, the music is hideous and doesn't mix with the visuals nor their tone at all.

Thank GOD for Giacchino.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The new trailer, unlike the first, doesn't make me want to shoot the filmmakers, so things are looking up at last. The music's about the worst thing I've ever heard, but I don't suppose the filmmakers had anything to do with that.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Really? I highly preferred the first trailer. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Really? I highly preferred the first trailer. dizzy

It would have been OK had it been a trailer for some early-teen girly drama (the sort that would be on E4 at 6pm). But for Star Trek... I thought J.J. Abrams might somehow actually make something worse than his previous film, a feat I'm not sure anyone with a $100m budget has ever managed. Now, I'm not so sure. I'll see the film and make up my mind then (WHY Paramount do you force me to watch another Abrams film, by letting him loose on this? - God damn you!)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2009 edited
    I don't hate Abrams by any means. Granted I wasn't a fan of Alias, I love(d) Lost, and I thought MI3 was a spectacular popcorn movie! (And Cloverfield was very impressive even if it isn't my type of movie).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2009
    Me neither, i can't see what people have against him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote

Have you seen M:I III? All the evidence I need is right there.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    MI3 is a great film, easily the best one of the trilogy hands down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    MI3 is a great film, easily the best one of the trilogy hands down.

kiss

I've never paid money to see a worse film than MI3. Even mentioning it in the same breath as the first film in the series should land you with a jail sentence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Of course. I thought it was great entertainment but not something i'd seek excellence or intelligence in. Can't see what the other 2 M:I films have better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Of course. I thought it was great entertainment but not something i'd seek excellence or intelligence in. Can't see what the other 2 M:I films have better.

I agree, M:I3 is a great ride, spectacular and fast paced. I loved the first one, and I´m a John Woo die hard fan, but the third film is, by far, the best of the franchise. Come on, just the bridge scene itself beats the other two films.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Star Trek in 50 years will be like Sherlock Holmes in terms of having well over 200 films on the subject.
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Listening to some of the music from Trailers #2 ("Down With The Enterprise", Two Steps From Hell) and #3 ("Freedom Fighters", Two Steps From Hell) for the new Star Trek movie and I like it!

Watching the trailers again has really got me looking forward to seeing this movie - first time I've been excited about a Star Trek movie for a LONG time.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Listening to some of the music from Trailers #2 ("Down With The Enterprise", Two Steps From Hell) and #3 ("Freedom Fighters", Two Steps From Hell) for the new Star Trek movie and I like it!

Watching the trailers again has really got me looking forward to seeing this movie - first time I've been excited about a Star Trek movie for a LONG time.

Looking forward to the score but not the film. I'll wait for it on DVD.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Looking forward to the film but not the score. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Looking forward to the film but not the score. smile

I think we have just fallen out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009 edited
    Nah, it´s just a trick.

If I expect the score to be a piece of garbage, chances are better that it will positively surprise me, which is what I really want. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Nah, it´s just a trick.

If I expect the score to be a piece of garbage, chances are better that it will positively surprise me, which is what I really want. wink

Rrrrriiiiight!??? dizzy

though I can sort of see the reasoning in this reverse psychology.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009 edited
    You see, I love Trek.

It was the first thing I remember watching as a kid; it spawned my love for filmmusic and motivated me to get better with the english language. Due to my interest in Trek I met a lot of awesome people, including my wife, and though it has degraded into something less than perfect over the decades, the image of the U.S.S. Enterprise sailing across a sea of stars still makes me want to go out there, too.

I really want to love this movie. So far, the trailers make it out as a fantastic experience for me, probably the best Trek experience since I watched The Motion Picture and The Wrath of Khan on their opening days all those years ago. Music is a very important part of Trek for me. So far, I am not too happy about the choice for composer, but I will be the first in line to buy the score if it should rock.

So maybe that will clear up the reverse psychology thing. The more I hate the score beforehand, the more I will like it if it´s actually fine.
  3. I like your reasoning. I'm somewhat of a Trek fan myself, at least of the movies, I was never really into the TV shows, but I can understand being a little hesitant these days as Hollywood tends to damage the original franchises with pointless remakes and so on. But I must say some remakes, sequels have been very good over the years so there's hope for Star Trek.

And Giacchino giving his own spin on Star Trek is something which could be the best thing he's done in years. I'm one that looks forward to the score more than the film, but I'm able to keep my expectations low (equally for the score). But truthfully, Giacchino needs to fill some mighty big boots (those of Goldsmith and Horner remain humongous), so we'll see how it turns out.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009
    There is now a score clip playing on the film's website which could be a part of Giacchino's composition. I'm not familiar with Star Trek music other than the famous title theme but I like what I'm hearing.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm sorry, but I'm going to need a lot more than the usual Giacchino string writing and a bit of percussion to satisfy me. I've got massive hopes for this score, and I'm hoping Giacchino doesn't misfire. (Has he ever yet though?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    I'm sorry, but I'm going to need a lot more than the usual Giacchino string writing and a bit of percussion to satisfy me. I've got massive hopes for this score, and I'm hoping Giacchino doesn't misfire. (Has he ever yet though?)

I am going to be just fine with those!

wink Seriously, when you have THAT large expectations off a score, you'll most likely end up disappointed. At least this is what happens 99% of the times with me.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh I agree, but this is Giacchino we're talking about!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009
    I have high expectations because its MG , I love his music and Im quite confident this score will be one of his best.
    The trailers for the movie look Great too.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

wink Seriously, when you have THAT large expectations off a score, you'll most likely end up disappointed. At least this is what happens 99% of the times with me.

Im hardly ever disappointed , just ask Erik what my rep is. biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Seriously, when you have THAT large expectations off a score, you'll most likely end up disappointed. At least this is what happens 99% of the times with me.

A word to the wise: listen to Uncle Demetris. Build expectations so high, there's only ever going to be one outcome. (Witness most people's reaction to the last Indiana Jones score. "It's going to be amazing!" "I can't wait!" <people hear it> "This sounds more like 2008 John Williams than 1981 John Williams - I don't believe it!" "This is awful!" <wait a couple of weeks> "This isn't so bad after all!" "Actually, it's really pretty good!")
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009
    moonie wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

Im hardly ever disappointed , just ask Erik what my rep is. biggrin

We bloody well need more of that attitude around here I say! beer