• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2014
    Screamworks Records presents

The Brotherhood (La Hermandad) (Arnau Bataller)

http://moviescoremedia.com/the-brotherh … -bataller/

Performed by Barcelona’s Liceu Opera House Symphony and Choir in their first ever film score recording, Arnau Bataller’s music for The Brotherhood (La hermandad) combines dark textures (orchestral effects and electronics) with a more thematic approach characterized by the evocative choral writing inspired by the story’s religious setting.

Composer Arnau Bataller has worked on countless American and Spanish projects, including José Luis Alemán’s H.P. Lovecraft-inspired horror films The Valdemar Legacy (2010) and The Valdemar Legacy II: The Forbodden Shadow (2010) – also available from MovieScore Media. The Brotherhood marks Bataller’s second collaboration with Julio Martí after La victoria de Úrsula (2011).

The Brotherhood is a moody Spanish thriller written and directed by Julio Martí. The film tells the story of Sara (Lydia Bosch), a successful horror author who survives an accident just outside a secluded Benedictine monastery in northern Italy. Even though she should stay in bed, Sara soon finds intriguing secrets about the monastery: strange stains on the ceiling, an infant crying in the night, an old photograph and a chilling book on the Brotherhood and their disturbing customs…

We are proud to release the chilling, religiously-inspired score by composer Arnau Bataller to coincide with the film’s Spanish premiere on 21 March 2014.

SWR14008 • THE BROTHERHOOD (LA HERMANDAD) (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    Music Composed by ARNAU BATALLER
    Release date (digital): March 25, 2014

TRACK LIST

1 Main Titles 2:50
    2 Discovering the Past 2:07
    3 First Departure 4:48
    4 I Have Heard Children 2:21
    5 Eli’s Book 3:30
    6 There Are Children 1:53
    7 Investigations 4:12
    8 Isolated 3:32
    9 Get Them! 2:55
    10 My Daughter 4:10
    11 It Can’t Be 3:35
    12 The Confession 6:18
    13 The Brotherhood 3:57
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2014
    This is an incredibly good score from a very gifted composer. Glad it's finally getting a release via MSM, don't miss out!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. When it's good it's very good. But, I was surprised by how much meandering suspense music there was on the album.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2014
    rolleyes
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2014
    Love every note of it; Arnau's one of the most gifted composers out there; wish Hollywood film scores had as much as theme / choral development.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. The composer is definitely one to watch and is certainly someone who is an antidote to the poor state of the Hollywood film scoring 'scene.'
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. A wonderful score... my two cents on The Brotherhood.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube