• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2014 edited
    I've started making my own bread again. Finally got tired of the store stuff as well as a couple other things. To make the blog a bit more interesting I've added a piece of music to it. My first choice is the first movement of Beethoven's 3rd Symphony 'Eroica'
    http://sdtom2.wordpress.com/2014/03/30/white-bread-101/

My next choice is going to be an Amish bread which is made with cornmeal, black strap molasses, and three different kinds of flour. It is a heavy dense bread. Any ideas for a track? It has to be classical.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2014
    This probably belongs in the off-topic section?

I don't think I've ever baked a bread in my life (maybe in school as a kid), although I often bake the bread base of pizzas.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2014
    sdtom wrote
    My next choice is going to be an Amish bread which is made with cornmeal, black strap molasses, and three different kinds of flour. It is a heavy dense bread. Any ideas for a track? It has to be classical.
    Tom

Interesting combination!
    I tend to do that as well: choose my music according to the task at hand.
    For this kind of pretty intensive labour, I'd try Dvorak's Slavonic Dances. They tend to be heavy and energetic and should fit this to a T.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2014
    This is a good idea Martijn.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2014
    Let me know if it worked for you or just gave you a heart attack! smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2014
    Martijn wrote
    Let me know if it worked for you or just gave you a heart attack! smile

Slavonic Dances #1 or 2?
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2014
    http://sdtom2.wordpress.com/2014/04/12/ … bread-101/

If you read in the description this is risen three times and still produced a loaf 1/3 smaller than the bread 101. However, the moist fine texture and a true taste of the wheat itself is outstanding.
    Tom smile