• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Just starting up this thread to inform the community if and when this box set will be available to soundtrack fans in Europe, because Free Record Shop has just cancelled the copy I ordered at the end of december. Though it seems to be available on their website, we all know it's a load of bollocks... And tommy_boy wants it so bad, I wanted to give him it as a present.

So what exactly is the status? I've heard some CD manufacturing got up in flames and production is totally FUBAR. But is this the real story?

If anybody knows where it still might be available, please share your knowledge!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2008
    Huh? I don't know any of this. I just ordered it back in november at bol.com (a European online shop) and it arrived only a few days later, I believe that was even the day before the American official release date. So... FRS probably cancelled it because they don't want to sell it, or something? I know they're selling less and less soundtracks, because it's just not that commercial...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    They DO have a lot of Urban and R&B DVDs though as well as the latest Bruce Willis action blockbuster and every single conceivable version of CSI.

...I don't visit there often any more these days... slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    DreamTheater wrote
    So what exactly is the status? I've heard some CD manufacturing got up in flames and production is totally FUBAR. But is this the real story?

Production was temporarily halted in the U.S. because of wild fires in California. The manufacturing plant was near the fires, and was evacuated for a few days/weeks, but the plant wasn't destroyed. I assume this is what you're referring to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2008 edited
    Free Record Shop sucks! It's one out of two CD store monopolies in Oslo now (duopoly? oligopoly?), the other being the Norwegian Platekompaniet. But FRS's prices and selection are worse than its competitor. It's a sorry state for the brick-and-mortar stores these days. sad

Sorry for going off-topic.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    MONSTROPOLY!

I can't ever seem to find the complete recordings in the shops, I always have to order online. slant
  2. David wrote
    Production was temporarily halted in the U.S. because of wild fires in California. The manufacturing plant was near the fires, and was evacuated for a few days/weeks, but the plant wasn't destroyed. I assume this is what you're referring to.

Well happy to learn the plant isn't gone, so let's be patient, especially you little brother cheesy

Feel free to use this thread when any news emerges.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. that's all very nice, but me wants it biggrin

Any idea where I can order it online? Or when its going to be available again online?

Me wants it biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2008
    It is a mystery indeed. When I ordered it I got it in no time, but by now, I just did a random check, it's disappeared from the face of the net confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Well, it's sold out because if there would sold be more of these sets, the economy would fall apart and stock markets would crash. The huge amount invested in those box sets can't be used for other things anymore, things that let grow economy.... Therefore, economy fails to deliver.

Clear and simple laws of economics.
    Kazoo
  4. still, haven't I heard that there would be a second release of these box sets? I can't believe I'm gonna miss the one of the 3 I wanted the most
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    There are some on Ebay right now. One of which I just purchased.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2008 edited
    It's avaliable through the US Amazon. I've done buisness through Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.co.jp, etc. and they're all very reliable.

Right Here
  5. I just bought one on eBay UK. Guess that's better than just waiting around. Maybe Bregt's right and there will be no rerelease. Crying shame if that happened though, there are enough fans that want this, I presume.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2008
    It probably would raise the worth of my copy considerably, though tongue
  6. SAE now states that this is now "back in stock and shipping":

http://www.screenarchives.com/
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. indeed, I saw it litteraly hours after my brother said it was shipped
    typical shite biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    If anyone was looking for this, it seems to be back in stock at Amazon again. FINALLY.
    http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Return … amp;sr=8-2
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!