• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. justin boggan wrote
    "The Tale of Despereaux" is recorded.

I had to ask about it, since I am interested in what Ross does. One of the things I specifically asked about is if there was any mickey-mousing, and there is a little.

so this means an orchestral thematic score? hmn hoping for something good, each year we have surprises where you least expect it, I hope this is one of them smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. "The Tale of Despereaux" is an upcoming release from Intrada:

Label: Intrada MAF 7105
    Date: 2008
    Tracks: 26

William Ross offers a substantial symphonic score that plays to the color and period detail in the movie. Rich melody, heart-felt themes and exciting action. Interestingly, Ross creates action music that is intense and dynamic, rather than the customary cartoon antics in similar fare. It all wraps with a soaring fanfare finish. Two songs by Dave Stewart, Glen Ballard and director Gary Ross open the CD, followed by nearly an hour of symphonic splendor by William Ross. Ross also conducts his music for large orchestra. The crisp recording is by veteran mixer Armin Steiner, who has recorded substantial scores for John Williams, Bruce Broughton, Henry Mancini and many other legendary film composers.

Tracklist
    01. *Soup (1:42)
    02. *It’s Great To Be A Rat (1:26)
    03. Main Title / Prologue (2:31)
    04. The Village of Dor (2:16)
    05. Andre & Boldo (1:25)
    06. The Soup Is Served (1:07)
    07. Roscuro’s Fall (2:36)
    08. A King’s Sadness (1:52)
    09. Mouse World / A Mouse Is Born (3:07)
    10. Lonely Roscuro (1:10)
    11. The Royal Library (1:28)
    12. Once Upon A Time (2:28)
    13. I Am A Gentleman / Mig’s Story (3:38)
    14. Banishment (3:06)
    15. In The Dungeon (1:00)
    16. Cat And Mouse (2:02)
    17. Roscuro and Despereaux (2:10)
    18. Mig Steals The Crown (1:18)
    19. Roscuro’s Apology (3:44)
    20. Gregory Gives Mig Away (0:51)
    21. The Quest (3:55)
    22. Despereaux Is Back (3:12)
    23. Boldo And Despereaux Charge! (1:38)
    24. A Change of Heart (2:10)
    25. Rescuing The Princess (3:05)
    26. Epilogue (2:39)

*Bonus songs not in the film

Due December 2008
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2008
    That sounds... interesting. But no sound clips available?
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2008
    Can't wait for this. Hopefully, we get a classic swashbuckler since a animated film of this sort can have a shamelessly over the top score without people getting all bent out of shape about it!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. I hope this will be a good one, Ross is a good composer and considering they describe no micky mousing, this could be good smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2008
    No one's mentioned Little Rascals. Inanely short score, but so bouncy and so much fun.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2008 edited
    Now this is a score I am looking forward to (tale of despereaux)... hehe... finally something interesting. I am pretty sure its good, I find him a very solid classical trained composer. Undoubtely it will be a very fine effort, putting many other wannabee "composers" to shame and hopefully out of business... (yes, I mean YOU guys at Remote Control and you Tyler Bates!) Bring on Talgorn, Shearmur, Lennertz, Eidelman etc... and we will see another 'golden' age of filmmusic, instead of the current 'wallpaper age' of filmmusic. (sometimes... not always)

I actually didn't noticed this upcoming movie/score... but yesterday I saw the poster at the cinema of this new pic. (first thought... should be nice to see with my little daughter in the cinema)

I also thought... pff.. pretty sure it will be another Zimmer/Powell/Debney/Harry Gregson whatever assignment... well lets peek at the credits at the bottom... (getting real close in order to read (dark brown letters on black!), I looked like an old nearsighted man, squeezing my nose against the glass practically haha... anyway... then I saw that Ross wrote the musical score! I was pleasantly suprised, and satisfied that some people still have some sense while picking composers.

ps. (taken from a post on the FSM board): "The score by William Ross was very good and he did a fantastic job on some of the very dramatic/action sequences." (from somebody who already did see the movie)
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2008
    Ross on an animated film?! I'm IN!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2008
    Earlier this fall, composer William Ross scored the new animated film The Tale of Despereaux. Produced by Gary Ross (no relation), the score was recorded at the Sony Scoring Stage and ScoringSessions.com is delighted to bring our readers the exclusive photos!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008
    Just added some more pictures to the gallery courtesy of ProTools recordist Larry Mah!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/sessions/29826/
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008
    I'm really looking forward to it! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008 edited
    Ross is a fine composer with a lot of talent. I look forward to this score - I love his recent September Dawn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2008
    Just bought The Tale of Despereaux yesterday... and it is excellent! punk
  4. After over two years Ross' site is now online -- with sound clips and videos:

http://www.williamrossmusic.com
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. justin boggan wrote
    After over two year,s Ross' site is now online -- with sound clips and videos:

cool
    looks good smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2009
    Nice, thanks!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2009 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    After over two years Ross' site is now online -- with sound clips and videos:

Um... That site has been up for at least a few months, you know... LOL wink
  6. Could have sworn it's only been a month since I last checked it. anyway, I'm just glad it's up.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2009
    I like his score for Ladder 49. Its very heart touching and romantic. I don't say its his best but i liked it. Is there any official score release of this movie? I can't find anywhere. If anyone knows, let me know. smile
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2009
    Sunil wrote
    I like his score for Ladder 49. Its very heart touching and romantic. I don't say its his best but i liked it. Is there any official score release of this movie? I can't find anywhere. If anyone knows, let me know. smile

Absolutely love this score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2009 edited
    Sunil wrote
    Is there any official score release of this movie?

Yes, there is a promo - http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/cata … ieid=66321
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2009
    William has won an Emmy Award for his work on Streisand: The Concert.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice! Anyone heard it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wait...........BARBARA STREISAND?!?!?
  7. Wait ... Barbara Streisand didn't rejected his score??? But -- she loves rejecting scores! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's about time someone rejected her! :buckit:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Great voice though.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2009
    And nose. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2012
    Southall wrote
    My Dog Skip is, I believe, subtitled "Variations on Jerry Goldsmith's theme from Rudy"

I pulled this one off the shelf this morning and found it quite refreshing and certainly not Goldsmith sounding. To me this is a 'feel good' score +++. I don't have a lot of his material so it is hard for me to say this is his best but I really like what I hear.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012
    Here's a First Listen of William Ross' score for "Touchback":
    http://www.cinemamusica.de/1742/energet … -touchback

Some really great and spirited music.
    Enjoy!