• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2014 edited
    Folks,

Below are the programs for the three big concerts I am producing for the Cordoba International Film Music Festival this year. It would be wonderful to see some of you in the audience!

http://festivaldecordoba.com/en/

Cheers,

mc

- - -

LO MEJOR DE LO MEJOR / BEST OF THE BEST
    Con la entrega del Basil Poledouris Award / featuring the Basil Poledouris Award

Orquesta de Córdoba & Coro Ziryab
    Directores / Conductors: Òscar Senén & Compositores Invitados /Guest Composers
    Director del Coro / Choral Director: Javier Sáenz-López Buñuel
    Concierto Producido por / Concert Produced by Mikael Carlsson/Soundtracks Live! y Asociación Bsospirit.

PART 1

Aritz Villodas
    1. Himno de Bsospirit / BSO Spirit Hymn (2009)

Christopher Lennertz
    2. Starhawk (2012) - Theme
    3. America (2001) - Theme
    4. Mass Effect 3 (2012) - Theme

Nani Garcia
    5. De Profundis (2007) - Suite

Debbie Wiseman
    6. Flood (2007) - Suite
    7. Lesbian Vampire Killers (2009) - Suite

Sergio Moure
    8. El cuerpo (The Body) (2012) - Suite

Toshiyuko Watanabe
    9. Roman Empire (2004) - Suite

PART 2

Rolfe Kent
    10. Charlie St Cloud (2010) - Racing
    11. Just Like Heaven (2005) - I’m Seeing Someone
    12. About Schmidt (2002) - End Credits
    13. Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009) - Jenny and Connor in the Snow
    14. House of Yes (1997) - A Guided Tour

Abel Korzeniowski
    15. W.E. (2011) - Charms
    16. Penny Dreadful (2014) - Welcome to the Grand Guignol
    17. A Single Man (2009) - Stillness of the Mind
    18. Escape from Tomorrow (2013) - The Grand Finale

Craig Safan (USA)
    19. Son of the Morning Star (1991) - Elegy
    20. The Last Starfighter (1984) - Suite

- - -

LO MEJOR DE LA TV /BEST OF TELEVISION - DOCTOR WHO SYMPHONY

Orquesta Fílarmonica de Málaga & Coro Ziryab
    Directores / Conductor: Arturo Diez Boscovich & Compositores Invitados /Guest Composers
    Concierto Producido por / Concert Produced by Mikael Carlsson/Soundtracks Live! y Asociación Bsospirit.

PART 1

Òscar Senén
    1. Best of Television Overture (2014)

John Lunn
    2. Downton Abbey (2010) - Suite

Christopher Lennertz
    3. Supernatural (2005-2014) - Suite
    4. Saint Sinner (2002) - Suite
    5. Revolution (2012-2014) - Theme

Arturo Díez Boscovich
    6. Fragiles (2014) - Suite

Cesar Benito
    7. El tiempo entre costuras (2013) - Suite

PART 2

Abel Korzeniowski
    8. Penny Dreadful (2014) - Suite

Debbie Wiseman
    9. A Poet in New York (2014) - Suite
    10. Father Brown (2013) - Suite
    11. The Whale (2013) - Suite

Murray Gold
    Doctor Who Symphony
    12. I Am the Doctor
    13. Rose's Theme
    14. This Is Gallifrey
    15. Amy's Theme
    16. The Pandorica Suite
    17. Song of Freedom
    18. Abigail's Song
    19. Vale Decem

- - -

LO MEJOR DE 2013-2014 / BEST OF FILM MUSIC 2013-2014 - TRIBUTO A JERRY GOLDSMITH / A TRIBUTE TO JERRY GOLDSMITH
    Con la entrega de los Elmer Bernstein Awards / featuring the Elmer Bernstein Awards

Tributo a Jerry Goldsmith presentado por James Fitzpatrick y Tadlow Music /A Tribute to Jerry Goldsmith Presented by James Fitzpatrick and Tadlow Music.
    Orquesta de Córdoba & Coro Ziryab
    Directores / Conductors: Juan Manuel Parra, Arturo Díez Boscovich & Compositores Invitados / Guest Composers

PART 1
    Conductor: Juan Manuel Parra

1. Mikael Carlsson (incorporating Robocop theme by Basil Poledouris): Fanfare for Córdoba (In celebration of the 10th anniversary of the International Film Music Festival)

BEST OF FILM MUSIC 2013-2014 including The Elmer Bernstein Awards
    2. Joel McNeely: A Million Ways to Die in the West - Theme
    3. Oscar Navarro: La Mula - Love Story
    4. Cesar Benito: El tiempo entre costuras - Tema de Sira
    5. Toshiyuki Watanabe: Space Brothers - Medley
    6. Rolfe Kent: Labor Day - Frank the Handyman
    7. Abel Korzeniowski: Romeo and Juliet - Forbidden Love
    8. John Powell: How to Train Your Dragon 2 - Dragon Racing
    9. Angelo Badalamenti: Stalingrad - Theme
    10. Brian Tyler: Thor: The Dark World - Theme

PART 2

Conductor: Arturo Diez Boscovich

Tadlow Music presents: A TRIBUTE TO JERRY GOLDSMITH
    11. Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983) - Overture
    12. Total Recall (1990) - Main Theme
    13. The Salamander (1982) - Requiem for a General
    14. Gremlins (1985) - Suite
    15. QB VII (1977) - Suite
    16. Legend (1985) - Suite
    17. The Wind and the Lion (1975) - Suite
    18. Alien (1979) - Theme
    19. Supergirl (1984) - Theme
    20. The Final Conflict (1981) - Theme
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2014
    Oh, that is a VERY nice program!!!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2014 edited
    So how was this for all who attended?

I have the impression the glory years are behind us, at least for the MainTitles crowd. Not even the Spaniards (Marcel or Jordi) went to Cordoba. I remember the great two years with Jordi, Marcel, Anthony, Thomas, Bob, Elin and Mikael. All in tiny Ubeda in the middle of nowhere.

Is it because of the guests or the program?
    I must say I have less an idea of what is happening there then before, the information is announced rather late too. Or only in Spanish. There's not much of a big name anymore, or a focus, but there are so many concerts (I'm sure they're all great) but perhaps they do not stand out enough to get interest sparked. It's like there's so much happening so I seem to miss to make any sense of it.

Mikael, has there been many foreign guests, except for those who represent the composers and entourage?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2014
    This year, the guest composers were great: Debbie Wiseman, Toshiyuki Watanabe, Abel Korceniowski, Craig Safan, John Lunn, Rolfe Kent, Murray Gold, Sergio Moure. Wonderful composers!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2014
    Bregt wrote
    So how was this for all who attended?

I have the impression the glory years are behind us, at least for the MainTitles crowd. Not even the Spaniards (Marcel or Jordi) went to Cordoba. I remember the great two years with Jordi, Marcel, Anthony, Thomas, Bob, Elin and Mikael. All in tiny Ubeda in the middle of nowhere.

Is it because of the guests or the program?

For me, it's the location, logistics and cost.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014
    Hi everyone,

This year was probably the best in the history of the festival. We had very interesting guests and premiered works such as Craig Safan's new LAST STARFIGHTER suite and Abel Korzeniowski's PENNY DREADFUL. Murray Gold was there and we had a 30 minute DOCTOR WHO "symphony" and a 60 minute Tribute to Jerry Goldsmith with the composer's wife, Carol, present. It was a very moving experience!

The heat is considerable in Cordoba, that is true, but it is NOT very complicated to go to Cordoba. Fly to Madrid or Malaga, then train for a quick ride (fast train). It's definitely worth it if you want to experience film music like no other festival does it (we perform A LOT of music which you most likely will never have the chance to hear live elsewhere!)

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2014 edited
    For those who did go, and Mikael above, does the train from Madrid take you directly into Cordoba? So you just walk it off to the hotel ?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yes, the train station is not far from the center. It's not a big city anyway.
    However the fast train from Madrid to Cordoba is not cheap!

Thanks for the feedback Mikael.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2014
    How much approx? And does it require advanced booking or you go there and book and board?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Well, after you arrive in Madrid airport you have to go to the train station Atocha in the center by metro or taxi. From there is the high speed train (AVE), about 60EUR if I remember, which to me is very expensive for a short two hour trip. Anyhow, there's also "regular" trains which are probably cheaper.

I don't know if you have to book in advance. Mikael can help here I guess. www.renfe.es is your friend, albeit a terrible friend. I bought my tickets there when it was still in Ubeda and I left from Seville.

Buses/Coaches are a lot cheaper and can also be booked in advance.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Yes, the train station is not far from the center. It's not a big city anyway.
    However the fast train from Madrid to Cordoba is not cheap!

Thanks for the feedback Mikael.

Exactly. I did a lot of research about the logistics of this festival, and it was NOT easy or cheap for me. In several cases, it involved an extra night in the city of the airport I chose. Maybe if you're a special guest like Mikael, it's easier, but for us regular folks there's a bit more to it.

That doesn't mean, however, that I'll give up. If the festival continues, I will try again. Especially because I've never really seen that part of Spain, and I know from friends it's quite beautiful.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks for the info Bregt. Valuable one. Problem with all those festivals is moneys for me as always. And Ghent doesn't seem cheapier to organize either.
  1. Another way is to take the plane to Sevilla and then take the "avant" train to Cordoba (not expensive!). I really enjoyed this year festival and had a great time! Helas,I could'nt be there for more than a few days but was fortunate enough to attend to the "best of the best" concert. Lennertz, Safan, Wiseman, Garcia, moure, Villodas, Korzeniowski, Kent suites were wonderfull and mister Watanabe's part was fantastic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014 edited
    Maximilien Mathevon wrote
    Another way is to take the plane to Sevilla and then take the "avant" train to Cordoba (not expensive!).

This depends on where you're coming from. Planes from Norway to Seville are really expensive, and there are no direct routes!
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Indeed!! (Sorry. I meant the train between Sevilla and Cordoba is cheaper than between Madrid and Cordoba - excuse my french ;-) )