• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2008
    Composer/guitarist who worked/works extensively with Hans Zimmer, is scoring more and more films on his own. Latest assignment:

SOUTH OF THE BORDER

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … order.html

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008
    Composer Heitor Pereira was at the Eastwood Scoring Stage last month to record his score for the Walt Disney Features family comedy, Beverly Hills Chihuahua. ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring our readers exclusive photos from the very entertaining scoring sessions!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/news/158/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    Is the chihuahua song on teaser trailer written by him?? cheesy

But I like his music on his website... I love acoustic guitars and latin music, in addition, I love dogs (barking chant? LOL), so it must be fun! (even though the film looks really ridiculous) tongue biggrin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  1. Pereira is one of Zimmer's best soloists/additional music writers. I like his performances. Don't forget it was him performing Spanglish!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2008
    Another Zimmer "protege" rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2008
    Pereira is actually a very good guitarist and a well-spirited musician, i have confidence in him actually standing out of the crowd with his colorful music; not that he's written anything spectacular 'till now but still, his guitar is always better than the RC synths and libraries.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008 edited
    Has anyone heard his solo album Untold Stories? I've heard only 4 tracks on his MySpace page, but they're pretty nice... I especially loved "Two Kids", so pleasant. cool

He wrote some good stuff and is a talented guitarist indeed (Spanglish performance is amazing). I'm looking forward to more of his own works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008 edited
    Miya wrote
    Has anyone heard his solo album Untold Stories? I've heard only 4 tracks on his MySpace page, but they're pretty nice... I especially loved "Two Kids", so pleasant. cool

He wrote some good stuff and is a talented guitarist indeed (Spanglish performance is amazing). I'm looking forward to more of his own works.

His solo album is quite good. It's ethnic and a bit folksy, with a nice organic feel. It's a solid listen from start to finish.

BTW, I got my copy through CDBaby.com and that's an excellent site for all sorts of "non-mainstream" releases in addition to some mainstream one. They also do MP3 download too. It's where I bought all of my E.S. Posthumus albums and tracks as well. Really recommended. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008
    Which is recommended? E.S.POSTHUMUS (to which i can't stress my recommendation enough, such gems these are) or Pereira's solo album (haven't heard yet but the comments here intrigued me)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008
    lp recommended CDBaby as a retailer, I think?

Pereira's album is also available on iTunes plus (256 kbps)... even on Japanese iTunes! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    Which is recommended? E.S.POSTHUMUS (to which i can't stress my recommendation enough, such gems these are) or Pereira's solo album (haven't heard yet but the comments here intrigued me)

CDBaby.com . Notice that the "really recommended" part is in the paragraph about CDbaby... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah yeah, i could also REALLY recommend them. Warm team they got there, excellent service, very good music in their collection. Agree.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010
    Earlier this spring, composer Heitor Pereira was at the Newman Scoring Stage at 20th Century Fox to record his score for the new Universal Studios 3D-animated film, Despicable Me. Directed by Pierre Coffin, Chris Renaud and Sergio Pablos, the film - about an evil genius who goes up against his nemesis - was recorded with a 67-piece orchestra at the Newman Scoring Stage, and ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring our readers the exclusive photos!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2011
    Interested to hear Pereira's take on the smurfs. i think he did a pretty good job on Despicable me (i've seen it last night, great great fun) although (clearly and evidently) produced by Zimmer, as stated in the credits too. I found Zimmer's Megamind to be far more inspired, but still Despicable me had a very enjoyable score that shined during a couple of scenes (notably the action cues).
  2. I thought that there were a few scenes in Despicable Me that were accompanied by a song that really distracted from the images. The scene at the carnival, for example, could have had some really fun music. I thought this film was a good example of when not to use songs in place of original score. (some songs were fine, but I remember there being more than one that really stuck out like a sore thumb)
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2011
    Earlier this year, composer Heitor Pereira was at the Newman Scoring Stage at 20th Century Fox to record his music for the hit family film, The Smurfs. We're going through the archive, and just posted a web gallery of pix from the scoring sessions!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2017
    Earlier this year, composer Heitor Pereira recorded his score to Despicable Me 3, the latest film in the popular Illumination Entertainment/Universal Pictures animated series. Directed by Pierre Coffin and Kyle Balda, the film’s score was recorded at Warner Bros. and we’re thrilled to bring our readers our photos from the strings and woodwinds session we attended!

http://scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!