• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. arghh jump over him, see if I care biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    I've only had a chance to listen to the first five clips, but unless it gets easier from there, Bhel's score is pretty formidable! I doff my hat. beer

The king is dead. Long live the king!

Peter shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2008
    I do love track 10 alot. I'm very curious where that is from.

Peter smile
  2. plindboe wrote
    Peter shocked

That will be the look on your face when I come out of nowhere on the last day of the game. biggrin

(I will have a crack tonight, I think. I'll regret it if I don't have a go.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2008
    plindboe wrote
    I do love track 10 alot. I'm very curious where that is from.

Peter smile

It's funny how the first time I listened to the clips, #10 was the ONLY one I knew. I used that to find the theme and get some more... and then figured the connection and it was all too easy after that. This really has to be one of the most workout-able games. It'd be a shame if people didn't put in a few minutes for this one.
    I think I need 2,3,4 and 15 to finish it wink

Obviously Franz is going to make a killing when he gives it a serious try.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote

That will be the look on your face when I come out of nowhere on the last day of the game. biggrin

I like the spirit biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

I like the spirit biggrin

I do too. I'm not so convinced alas. wink
  4. A bit of flurry of activity. Peter (as he predicted) jumps into the second spot:

BhelPuri - 23 points
    plindboe - 13 points
    BobdH - 9 points
    Tommy_Boy - 8 points
    Bregt - 7 points
    Timmer - 7 points

Unfortunately for Michael, I see that there's a supplementary PM from BhelPuri for me to check!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2008 edited
    Update:

BhelPuri - 36 points
    plindboe - 13 points
    BobdH - 9 points
    Tommy_Boy - 8 points
    Bregt - 7 points
    Timmer - 7 points
    franz_conrad - 7 points
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Update:

BhelPuri - 36 points
    plindboe - 13 points
    BobdH - 9 points
    Tommy_Boy - 8 points
    Bregt - 7 points
    Timmer - 7 points
    franz_conrad - 7 points

the problem is, I recognise that bonus track but my god I just can't get it right
    and when the moment will arrive I will say 'arghhh but of course wink '
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Hindenburg burst into flame in 1937, Kennedy was assassinated in 1963, and we all remember where we were and what we were up to when we heard the news of that guy with the greasy hair having blown his brains out. Today, another monumental day in history; franz is at the bottom of the list! History is being made today.

Peter shocked

PS.Equally amazed by BhelPuri's mindblowing score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    My suggestion to whoever is making the next game....how about making just a rather easy, hang-loose game that doesn't require lots of "homework", that is devoid of track titles and that even "normal" film music fan have a fair shot at? Then you can go back to your insanely esoteric quizzes afterwards! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    My next game won't be with track titles. Not sure if I have time to make the next one though.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor - I'd say you are missing out on some of these clips because you don't listen to complete and chronological scores. If you did, you might get some of the EASY ones. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. plindboe wrote
    My next game won't be with track titles. Not sure if I have time to make the next one though.

Peter smile

if its simple and I can beat Bregt with it you're welcome to host it tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Thor wrote
    My suggestion to whoever is making the next game....how about making just a rather easy, hang-loose game that doesn't require lots of "homework", that is devoid of track titles and that even "normal" film music fan have a fair shot at? Then you can go back to your insanely esoteric quizzes afterwards! wink

I'm not sure who's doing the next one. I could do it-- the cues are decided (it will be simple). I just need to make the clips.

I'm surprised with Franz's score but I also suspect that he's going to make a late surge.

This might be a hard game if you don't figure the theme or connection. But once you do, it's straight-forward (IMO).

Erik,
    You should submit your guesses!
  7. plindboe wrote
    Hindenburg burst into flame in 1937, Kennedy was assassinated in 1963, and we all remember where we were and what we were up to when we heard the news of that guy with the greasy hair having blown his brains out. Today, another monumental day in history; franz is at the bottom of the list! History is being made today.

biggrin
    I knew I'd get a good response!

And yeah, I want to hear some Erik guesses. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I don't participate in these games anymore. I really suck!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  8. Thor wrote

biggrin

But I am a "normal film music fan"!!

Update:

BhelPuri - 36 points
    franz_conrad - 16 points
    plindboe - 13 points
    BobdH - 9 points
    Tommy_Boy - 8 points
    Bregt - 7 points
    Timmer - 7 points
  9. Erik Woods wrote
    I don't participate in these games anymore. I really suck!

-Erik-

No you don't understand. I said 'I want to hear some Erik guesses' - since you know what some of them are! wink
  10. BhelPuri - 36 points
    franz_conrad - 19 points
    plindboe - 13 points
    BobdH - 9 points
    Tommy_Boy - 8 points
    Bregt - 7 points
    Timmer - 7 points

Is this the beginning of the fightback from Michael? Does he have time before the countdown expires?
  11. When does the countdown expire by the way? The last game I ran went until Saturday morning or so in the UK, and I'd assumed the same would be true here.

As for 'fightback', 16 points was probably closer to my 'true' score than 4. I wanted to see whether Congressional hearings would be called if I dropped to the bottom like Pete did in the last game. cool
  12. franz_conrad wrote
    When does the countdown expire by the way? The last game I ran went until Saturday morning or so in the UK, and I'd assumed the same would be true here.

Yes, I'll keep this going until Saturday afternoon (UK time).
  13. Yeah, who knows... doubling a score is a tall order, but we'll see! wink
  14. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Is this the beginning of the fightback from Michael? Does he have time before the countdown expires?

Very cheeky. It's certainly running out. There's not much left on the clock now.
  15. BhelPuri - 36 points
    franz_conrad - 22 points
    plindboe - 13 points
    BobdH - 9 points
    Tommy_Boy - 8 points
    Bregt - 7 points
    Timmer - 7 points
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008 edited
    Hope I have time to give it another go before the answers are revealed. I'm sure I can get more points if I figure out the theme.

Peter smile
  16. plindboe wrote
    Hope I have time to give it another go before the answers are revealed. I'm sure I can get more points if I figure out the theme.

Peter smile

The answers will be revealed in about 20 hours...19 hours 59 minutes...
  17. Did you wait a whole minute to right that?

Dedication shocked
    If in doubt, let the wookie win