• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008
    you have to identify the TRACK TITLE? Jeez. thats just impossible. a more feasible game would be score + composer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008
    I'll make my clips for the next game tonight and email them to Bregt.

But for now I might give Alan's game one last shot since there's still some time left and Franz is drawing close... wave
  1. tjguitar wrote
    you have to identify the TRACK TITLE? Jeez. thats just impossible. a more feasible game would be score + composer

Sometimes the theme is related to the track title. With four of the scores on this game, I've figured out the scores just from the connection of the theme to the track title. It makes sense to count points for it.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. BhelPuri wrote
    But for now I might give Alan's game one last shot since there's still some time left and Franz is drawing close... wave

I should say that even if all my last set of guesses to Alan are correct, I still fall well short of your score, and the other clips I have no idea about anyway. So don't feel too threatened. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

I should say that even if all my last set of guesses to Alan are correct, I still fall well short of your score, and the other clips I have no idea about anyway. So don't feel too threatened. smile

Another update:

BhelPuri - 36 points
    franz_conrad - 29 points
    plindboe - 13 points
    BobdH - 9 points
    Tommy_Boy - 8 points
    Bregt - 7 points
    Timmer - 7 points
    Tim (not timmer) - 4 points beer

Cheers to Tim (not timmer) - Just glad to be counted.

Answers in about 12-13 hours.

In the meantime, bed then the weekly shop. wave sleep

BTW, I have an idea for a future set of clips. lick
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Euhm, can you wait an hour or two.
    Gonna send in some other guesses after lunch!
    Kazoo
  3. Bregt wrote
    Euhm, can you wait an hour or two.
    Gonna send in some other guesses after lunch!

bah, everything to make sure he gets over little old me biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't have time to re-listen and have another go.

Good luck peeps punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. All answers are in and the final score is:

BhelPuri - 47 points
    franz_conrad - 29 points
    plindboe - 16 points
    Bregt - 13 points
    BobdH - 9 points
    Tommy_Boy - 8 points
    Timmer - 7 points
    Tim (not timmer) - 4 points

BhelPuri is our runaway winner in this difficult contest. Well done!! And thanks to everyone who took part.

The theme I was thinking of was TIME, more specifically decreasing time with the main clips being bookended by the more abstract ideas of time - "forever" and "never".

01 - "Bond Smells A Rat" (1) - Diamonds Are Forever (3) - John Barry (7)
    02 - "Dance of Dupondi" (2) - One Million Years BC (2) - Mario Nascimbene (2)
    03 - "14 Years After E-Day" (1) - Gears of War (1) - Kevin Riepl (1)
    04 - "Cycle" (2) - Year of The Wolf (2) - Tuomas Kantelinen (2)
    05 - "Paris Arrival" (1) - Around The World In 80 Days (1) - Victor Young (1)
    06 - "Six Weeks Ago" (4) - The Bourne Ultimatum (5) - John Powell (5)
    07 - "In The House - In A Heartbeat" (3) - 28 Days Later (4) - John Murphy (4)
    08 - "Condor!" (1) - 3 Days of The Condor (1) - Dave Grusin (1)
    09 - "Main Title" (2) - 36 Hours (2) - Dimitri Tiomkin (2)
    10 - "The Hour of The Gun" (3) - Hour of The Gun (3) - Jerry Goldsmith (4)
    11 - "World’s Worst Last 4 Minutes To Live" (3) - Mission: Impossible III (4) - Michael Giacchino (5)
    12 - "Two Minutes to Twelve" (3) - High Noon (3) - Dimitri Tiomkin (3)
    13 - "Fifty Seconds / The Money Express" (2) - The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3 (3) - David Shire (3)
    14 - "Four Seconds" (3) - Annapolis (4) - Brian Tyler (4)
    15 - "Main Title" (1) - Never So Few (1) - Hugo Friedhofer (1)
    Bonus - "Main Title" (3) - The Final Countdown (3) - John Scott (3)

The number of guesses and the total points don't quite add up (1 point out) but you get the idea of which ones were easy and which ones BhelPuri got!!

Thanks to everyone who took part and I hope people liked some of the clips that they haven't heard before.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wow.

47 points.

Wtf! shocked
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Good game! And I still got to spend some time at the top biggrin As ever, it's a relieve I had never heard of the scores I didn't guess anyway, except for M:I-III. Should've gotten that one shame

BhelPuri, when can we expect the next (nice and easy) one? wave
  5. Bregt wrote
    Wow.

47 points.

Wtf! shocked

I know! A great score for a really difficult set of clips. First time I've done a set of clips where every possible answer has had a correct answer against it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    *begins to think that BhelPuri owns all the scores in the world and knows them all inside out* shocked

I actually had clip 10 which I mentioned earlier that I loved. shame Listening to it now with loud volume.

Must say I'm satisfied with my 16 points, as I didn't know most of those scores.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    plindboe wrote
    *begins to think that BhelPuri owns all the scores in the world and knows them all inside out* shocked

Or... he closely keeps track of everything The 'Bairn buys, after which he purchases it too and listens it all the time, just in case he makes a game, so he can show off shocked Bairn, doesn't that make you slightly paranoid?
  6. BobdH wrote
    ...Bairn, doesn't that make you slightly paranoid?

It does a bit!

Until you consider that I may BE BhelPuri? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Amazingly, I have heard NONE of these scores. NONE!!!! Well, I did have a HIGH NOON suite once, and that probably accounts for why I seemed to remember the music in this particular track, but I wouldn't have remembered it in a million years.

Wow. I suck! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    BobdH wrote

It does a bit!

Whoa, I didn't see that twist coming! shocked

At Thor: you have not heard Bourne!?
  7. well, there was just one I heard that I didn't guess so how can I get more points with scores I didn't hear?
    Ah well, at least Bregt is happy since he beat me tongue

But I guarantee this buddy, you ain't seen the last of me
    next time I'm sure to be behind you again biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  8. 47 points!

Tell me Bhel - were you also typing 'month', 'months', 'week', 'weeks', 'years', 'year' and 'seconds', 'second' into soundtrackcollector.com's search engine? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wroteWow. I suck! smile

Don't be so negative. You don't suck, it's just everyone else who rules. tongue
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Thor wrote
    Amazingly, I have heard NONE of these scores. NONE!!!! Well, I did have a HIGH NOON suite once, and that probably accounts for why I seemed to remember the music in this particular track, but I wouldn't have remembered it in a million years.

Wow. I suck! smile

How can you not have Annapolis!?!??!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Year of the Wolf! crazy I did come across that but forgot to check the samples on cdbaby.
    Bond Smells A Rat! This one drove me mad. The samples at amazon were too brief.

Well, this was certainly a tough game if not for the theme and connection.

plindboe wrote

Hah! The only cds I have from those clips were The Final Countdown and Around The World in 80 Days.

franz_conrad wrote
    47 points!

Tell me Bhel - were you also typing 'month', 'months', 'week', 'weeks', 'years', 'year' and 'seconds', 'second' into soundtrackcollector.com's search engine? wink

Only to get from 36 to 47 (and because you were hot on my heels wink )
    Before that, I only had to check Screen Archives! But seriously, most of those searches at soundtrackcollector throw up more than 100-500 results. I had some real luck on my side to find ones I picked randomly.

There were 10 or 11 composers I got from the signature/sound. Then I guessed which composers would have figured prominently in the 80s and found a number of matches in Screen Archives' website and FSM cds. SAE has samples for almost every track of FSM cds.

Thor wrote

Wow. I suck! smile

Truth be told, most of these were unfamiliar to me too. And in spite of having the Scott and Young cds I have not listened to them (ok I listened to the Young last night). Amazon and SAE turned out to be good resources for this one. Plus my school is affliated to the Ruckus music network so there's a whole bunch of scores I can download for free. Plus I've been listening to streamingsoundtracks for more than 3 years now (there's a long wait time if you want to listen to something, but you get to hear stuff that others like and a lot of ones you don't have to have on cd wink)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hour Of The Gun!? D'OH! rolleyes

Looking at those answers Alan I see that I maybe could have pushed 12 points....no more.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Oh and more importantly thanks to Alan for a well thought-out game. Very clever! Obviously you put a lot of time into it! beer

Every game has me buying scores I liked after hearing and this time I'll have to check out the Kantelinen and the FSM ones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    BhelPuri wrote
    Oh and more importantly thanks to Alan for a well thought-out game. Very clever! Obviously you put a lot of time into it! beer

Indeed, very neat and clever. Good game, I wish I had more time last week to find some more (because I would have).
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Hope I have time to give it another go before the answers are revealed. I'm sure I can get more points if I figure out the theme.

Peter smile

The answers will be revealed in about 20 hours...19 hours 59 minutes...

lol, just realized that this was a clever hint about the theme.

Peter biggrin
  9. Alan threw in a lot of hints about the theme. At one point I did too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008
    BobdH wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    BobdH wrote

It does a bit!

Whoa, I didn't see that twist coming! shocked

At Thor: you have not heard Bourne!?

Well, I've seen all three films in the cinema ONCE, but that's it. Certainly not enough to recognize any music outside the film. I've seen a couple of the other films on the list as well (MI: 3, PELHAM and DIAMONDS), but again, not enough to remember the music. I think you'd either have to own the soundtrack or seen the films MANY times - preferably quite recently - to do that.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008
    I'm a bit proud I recognized the Bourne track as I'm not really familiar with it. There's just that weird electric guitar sound, at a point in the clip, that I've heard in another Bourne track before, and I had a vague idea of the theme, so I managed to figure it out.

I thought the theme was about numbers though, so that was the reason I guessed "Six weeks ago".

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008 edited
    Me too! Only I first guessed At Bridge nr. 9 dizzy