• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2014 edited
    There didn't seem to be a topic for this composer.

Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra conductor Gustavo Dudamel has written his debut score, for the epic drama THE LIBERATOR, based on the life of revolutionary Simón Bolívar.

Here's my review, for anyone who's interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2014/08/19/the-l … o-dudamel/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2014
    sound intriguing Jon
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  1. It's quite good. I need to give it another listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2014
    Great score, excellent review. A really wonderful and surprising find, this.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2014
    The score is fantastic, love every bit of it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Yes, it is quite good.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2014 edited
    Bored me to fucking tears... but I was in such a foul mood when I listened to it that I'm going to give it another shot next week. I just remember looking down at my iPod and seeing that I was ONLY on track 4 of a 17 track album. It felt like I had already giving it an hour to soak in.

There's some lovely woodwind writing but there is something about the composition as a whole that seems rather too simplistic or basic, for the lack of a better word, for what it is trying to achieve.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2014
    quite a difference of opinion
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2014