• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLMP
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2014
    FYI - two guitar CD's available both heavy in Morricone tunes:

1. "Spaghetti Western Themes on Nylon String Guitar", available at:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/loupecci
    (with free previews of each tune and web notices under album notes)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/spaghe … d488993045

http://screenarchives.com/title_detail. … NG-GUITAR/

Full Reviews at:
    http://fistfulofpasta.com/index.php?go=reviews/swthemes
    http://noircorral.blogspot.com/2012/03/ … eccis.html

and

2. "Spaghetti Western Themes on Nylon String Guitar Volume 2" available at the same sites.

Some reviews:

"Pecci's multi-tracked arrangements of movie themes from the so-called spaghetti western genre are every bit as dramatic, dynamic, and epic as the original orchestrated versions. Composer Ennio Morricone is represented on seven of the discs dozen instrumentals. Peccis identically titled first volume, from 2011, is also well worth checking out." Dan Forte, Vintage Guitar Magazine, June 2013 issue.

2. "...every bit as good as the first...a great artistic sensibility that enables him to create masterful interpretations of these songs..." - Fistful of Pasta.com

3. "He doesn't try to copy the original sound as much as he augments it, and creates music that would fit into the films rather nicely...Lou's playing, and studio work, is rich and easily leaves other Spaghetti Western cover albums in the dust...another home run..." - John Nudge, Spaghetti Western Web Board

Thanks...
  1. You're wellcome.

Is that promotion or a fanboy effort?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorLMP
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2014 edited
    Promotion...not sure what a "fanboy effort" is!
  2. An effort to support an album or artist one likes without any financial interests attached.
  3. I have these and they are very enjoyable and worth seeking out.

(I am not a fanboy!)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2014
    I'll check out the samples.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    As will I! Sounds very interesting!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The only thing interesting with Spaghetti Westerns' sound and music is the Spaghetti part wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I couldn't disagree more.
    The spaghetti western genre is responsible for several of the most lyrical, interesting and -at least at the time- innovative scores in film history.

I absolutely love that sound (even if many of the films it was created for are absolutely abysmally bad).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Indeed. Film music hardly gets better than in that sub genre. It's not for nothing that it's one of the most popular film music "types" for people who are not particularly interested in it.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. As well as being interesting interpretations in themselves, these albums put me in touch with some great original scores that I hadn't heard before hearing them played on guitar.

A "win-win scenario", so value for money.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2014
    good for you Alan
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorLMP
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2014
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    these albums put me in touch with some great original scores that I hadn't heard before hearing them played on guitar.

Hello Alan

That's a great compliment, thank you! All of those scores had at least one tune I couldn't get enough of hearing, which is where I got the idea of recording the discs...really glad you like them...

Lou
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Demetris wrote
    The only thing interesting with Spaghetti Westerns' sound and music is the Spaghetti part wink

Please, please tell me that's a joke.

Most film music takes its cue from something else, from romantic European classical all the way up to dubstep. Morricone and friends invented something new for spaghetti westerns. For me, it's certainly the most creative and possibly the most interesting of all of film music's sub genres.
  5. Southall wrote
    ...it's certainly the most creative and possibly the most interesting of all of film music's sub genres.

I think that it's this that makes some of these scores so difficult to really enjoy in their entirety (the albums that is). The creative juices can be flowing so much in some of these albums that they go too creative and just sound plain weird to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2014 edited
    Southall wrote
    Demetris wrote

You say that, but I've consulted a panel of experts (none of whom wear baseball caps indoors), and none of them are able to figure out what this sentence means?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Demetris wrote

You say that, but I've consulted a panel of experts (none of whom wear baseball caps indoors), and none of them are able to figure out what this sentence means?

Demetris is all about food!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Demetris wrote

Most film music takes its cue from something else, from romantic European classical all the way up to dubstep. Morricone and friends invented something new for spaghetti westerns. For me, it's certainly the most creative and possibly the most interesting of all of film music's sub genres.

There's a lot of great material in there, especially the lyrical parts. But what i normally can't stand with that genre is the terribly cheesy parts or the awful sound quality these scores often have.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. Southall wrote
    Demetris wrote

Don't you think that Morricone drew some inspiration from Tiomkin (Duel at the O.K. Corall) and possibily from Jerry Lordan?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Captain Future wrote
    Southall wrote
    Demetris wrote

Don't you think that Morricone drew some inspiration from Tiomkin (Duel at the O.K. Corall) and possibily from Jerry Lordan?

It's possible (and from Hank Marvin - I can never quite figure out what came first, there). I think he threw it together into something unique though.
  7. Southall wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Southall wrote
    Demetris wrote

It's possible (and from Hank Marvin - I can never quite figure out what came first, there). I think he threw it together into something unique though.

He certainly did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think Morricone said his main inspiration (for Spaghetti Westerns) were Mexican folk songs.
    I'll try and fid that quote somewhere (which will be a challenge: I heard this roughly 30 years ago on a radio program... dizzy )
    • CommentAuthorLMP
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2014
    Jeez...I'm sorry, fellas, didn't mean to start such a back and forth!

Some people, like me, love the stuff (the best of it, anyway), to other people it's a joke, literally...you say "Spaghetti Western" to some and they laugh...so be it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No worries, LMP! Most of the people here love the stuff!
    In fact, I purchased your albums, and they're VERY nice!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    LMP wrote

Too right. We frown upon discussion on this discussion board.

angry <- see?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Welllll, we do have loads of discussions.
    But afterwards we have loads of make-up sex.
  8. Not necessarily with each other though. wink

Sorry LMP, I didn't realise you were the artist. shame I'll certainly give those albums a listen.

Volker
  9. Martijn wrote
    But afterwards we have loads of make-up sex.

Do we? Where? This is news to me.
    • CommentAuthorLMP
    Steven wrote
    LMP wrote

Too right. We frown upon discussion on this discussion board.

angry <- see?

LOL - that was a poor choice of words on my part...