• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. "The Prophecy"
    Cue: All About Faith
    Composer: David C. Williams
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf1Q91kjnfI

The light unusual percussion, chorus and the compelling sound that grows more epic, is just beautiful. As I recall this is the main title piece in the film.

It beings very quietly, so you may want to turn the volume up.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2014
    Captain Future wrote
    ^ biggrin

Thelma & Louise / End Credits - Hans Zimmer

A powerful piece, the guitar reminicent of David Gilmour and Mark Knopfler. Brilliant Zimmer.

Indeed! This track was one of those that was far better than I had remembered it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2014
    I like everything that sounds epic and has a lot of choir... so my next choice would be:
    "The End of All Things" from Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Howard Shore)

It is probably my favorite piece of music from all of the LOTR films, including the two Hobbitses smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2014
    Ride With The Devil Clark Farm Shootout Mychael Danna

I've not seen the film truth be told, but this track elicits such strong imagery by itself, I feel I have enough to go on to enjoy this on a cinematic level. And boy do I enjoy this track (and the score entire). One of my top tracks, no question. If ever I'm on horseback, shooting at things... this is the music I want to hear while doing it. (Aside from this of course.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good choice! ( Danna not Hill wink )

Very good film too. Check it out.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Another one of my favorite film scores is "The Red Pony" and one of my favorite tracks is

MORNING ON THE RANCH, from Aaron Copland who achieved fame in classical and film scores.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    SHIFTING GEARS from Lalo Schifrin's BULLIT

Niiiiiiice!!!

Snazzy jazz tinted with an edge of dangerous cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2014 edited
    And going left field....

PURSUIT OF THE PIMP MOBILE from Isaac Hayes TRUCK TURNER

Bitches, yo!

Oh man but this is gooooooooooooooddddddd!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Fall of the South - from Max Steiner's GONE WITH THE WIND

One of the most moving scenes, both in novel and film: Atlanta under siege, hundrets of soldiers wounded or dead. Steiner annotates the pictures with a sad deconstrucion of the Yankee Doodle that he interpolates with his own music. Masterful!

Rhett Buttler: It's an historic moment you can tell your grandchildren about - how you watched the Old South fall one night.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. Timmer wrote
    Perhaps this one is a bit better?

THE ABYSS

Where the frak is this version from? It´s a fantastic new recording!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2014
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Perhaps this one is a bit better?

THE ABYSS

Where the frak is this version from? It´s a fantastic new recording!!!

I'm not sure? A Prague version??
  4. "Unbreakable"
    Cue: The Wreck
    Composer: James Newton Howard
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDdDysr4MKs

I'll let the music speak for itself.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    "Unbreakable"

Well said. JNH said in an interview that this was his Vaughan Williams score and like John Williams who also stated the same influence in some of his scoring, JNH channels Vaughan Williams and makes it his own,
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    CHINON / ELEANOR'S ARRIVAL from John Barry's THE LION IN WINTER

stunning

Such exquisitely beautiful choral writing, the like of which you rarely if ever get anymore.
  5. Timmer wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    "Unbreakable"

Well said. JNH said in an interview that this was his Vaughan Williams score and like John Williams who also stated the same influence in some of his scoring, JNH channels Vaughan Williams and makes it his own,

I wonder if the same couldn't be said for The Village smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. My choice:

Hoshi wo Nonda Shounen (The Boy Who Accepted the Star) from Howl's Moving Castle
    Composer: Joe Hisaishi

My favourite album by Hisaishi is Spirited Away, but I couldn't pick just one cue to present. But for this film, this cue is the most impressive for me. With that theme by solo trumpet, it's one pretty memorable scene.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2014
    I took the liberty creating a Spotify playlist of the choices so far (the ones Timmer listed), just for fun.

So if any of you use Spotify, you can find it here:
    Spotify-URL: spotify:user:113267061:playlist:133X3xRTauVhO2bWaQYrJ4
    Web-URL: http://open.spotify.com/user/113267061/playlist/133X3xRTauVhO2bWaQYrJ4

Some of the choices were not available, and some albums WERE available, but didn't contain the right tracks (maybe just different tracknames?). Basically the reason why I haven't got a premium account yet - you can't find EVERYTHING in there! smile

If you want, I can make it a collaborative playlist, so that you guys can edit the list as well? However there is the risk, that somebody outside of MainTitles can edit (and delete) the list as well smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well done Lars beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Thanks smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2014 edited
    Here's everyone's choices so far...

1) The Ecstasy of Gold - THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY - Ennio Morricone ( Timmer )
    2) Leia's News / Light of The Force - RETURN OF THE JEDI - John Williams ( Captain Future )
    3) Genesis Countdown - STAR TREK II THE WRATH OF KHAN - James Horner ( Steven )
    4) The Visitors / Buy / End Titles - CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE 3rd KIND - John Williams ( Steven )
    5) Ride of The Firemares - KRULL - James Horner ( Southall )
    6) An Odd Discovery Beyond The Trees - THE BOY IN THE STRIPPED PYJAMAS - James Horner ( Thor )
    7) The Enterprise - STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE - Jerry Goldsmith ( Atham )
    8) The Blooding - THE FINAL CONFLICT - Jerry Goldsmith ( FalkirkBairn )
    9) Banishment / Forgiveness - EL-CID - Miklos Rozsa ( Ralph Kruhm )
    10) Adventures On Earth - E.T. THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL - John Williams ( Ralph Kruhm )
    11) Chevalier de Sangreal - THE DA VINCI CODE - Hans Zimmer ( Ralph Kruhm )
    12) Ben's Death and The TIE Fighter Attack - STAR WARS - John Williams ( Timmer )
    13) The Second Coming - THE FINAL CONFLICT - Jerry Goldsmith ( Timmer )
    14) The Asteroid Field - STAR WARS THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - John Williams ( Erik Woods )
    15) Homer Goes Upstairs - THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES - Hugo Friedhofer ( sdtom )
    16) 007 And Counting - DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER - John Barry ( Timmer )
    17) The Great Eaton - THE LADY IN THE WATER - James Newton Howard ( Steven )
    18) Redemption - FLATLINERS - James Newton Howard ( Captain Future )
    19) Mona - MONA, L'ETOILE SANS NOM - Georges Delerue ( Captain Future )
    20) The Desert - SEVEN - Howard Shore ( FalkirkBairn )
    21) Main Titles / End Titles - LO IMPOSSIBLE - Fernando Velazquez ( Demetris )
    22) You Are The Pan - HOOK - John Williams ( Ralph Kruhm )
    23) I Had A Farm In Africa - OUT OF AFRICA - John Barry ( John Chambers )
    24) Welcome To Jurassic Park - JURASSIC PARK - John Williams ( John Chambers )
    25) Motel - PETULIA - John Barry ( Timmer )
    26) Prelude - VERTIGO - Bernard Herrmann ( John Chambers )
    27) Title Theme - HUCKLEBERRY FINN AND HIS FRIENDS - Ted Ottley ( Captain Future )
    28) The Vast Continent - THE HORSE WHISPERER - Thomas Newman ( markrayen )
    29) Forbidden Friendship - HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON - John Powell ( Edmund Meinerts )
    30) My Noble Knight - THE MIGHTY - Trevor Jones ( Justin boggan )
    31) Decent Into Mystery - BATMAN - Danny Elfman ( Artworks )
    32) The Leaving / The Search - CONAN THE BARBARIAN - Basil Poledouris ( Plindboe )
    33) Keehar's Theme - WATERSHIP DOWN - Angela Morley ( Justin boggan )
    34) The Lighting of The Beacons - LOTR: THE RETURN OF THE KING - Howard Shore ( Jim Ware )
    35) Lillian's Heart Attack - BRAINSTORM - James Horner - ( Timmer )
    36) Ascension - BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA - Wojciech Kilar ( Captain Future )
    37) Prelude / Romanza - WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Paul Ferris ( Martijn )
    38) The Brides - BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA - Wojciech Kilar ( Stavroula )
    39) Dance of The Blue Wonder - SPACEAGE - Jay Chattaway ( Justin boggan )
    40) The Other Side - GATTACA - Michael Nyman ( Bregt )
    41) Magic Snow Music - BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER - Christophe Beck ( Justin boggan )
    42) Battle of The Salt Plains - THE BALLAD OF BIG AL - Benjamin Bartlett ( Timmer )
    43) Triumph/Celebration/Massacre - THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE - Dmitri Tiomkin ( Captain Future )
    44) Final Salute - HART'S WAR - Rachel Portman ( FalkirkBairn )
    45) The Creation of Fire - QUEST FOR FIRE - Philip Sarde - ( Timmer )
    46) Building The Crate - CHICKEN RUN - Harry Gregson Williams & John Powell ( Steven )
    47) ???????? - BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES - Shirley Walker ( Justin boggan )
    48) Bud On The Ledge - THE ABYSS - Alan Silvestri ( Thor )
    49) Journey To Blofeld's hideaway - ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE - John Barry ( Timmer )
    50) Main Title - TWIN PEAKS - Angelo Badalamenti ( Thor )
    51) Surprise Attack - STAR TREK II THE WRATH OF KHAN - James Horner ( FalkirkBairn )
    52) Aliyah - IN SEARCH OF PEACE - Lee Holdridge ( Justin boggan )
    53) Funeral de Juan - LOS BORGIAS - Angel Illaramendi ( Thor )
    54) Rainhammers - THE ROAD TO PERDITION - Thomas Newman ( sdtom )
    55) Stone In My Heart - THE THIN RED LINE - Hans Zimmer ( PawelStroinski )
    56) Freight Train - THE JOURNEY OF NATTY GANN - James Horner ( Justin boggan )
    57) Final Duel - STAR WARS THE REVENGE OF THE TIM - John Williams ( Captain Future )
    58) End Credits - THELMA & LOUISE - Hans Zimmer ( Captain Future )
    59) All About Faith - THE PROPHECY - David C. Williams ( Justin boggan )
    60) The End of All Things - LOTR: THE RETURN OF THE KING - Howard Shore ( Artworks )
    61) Clark Farm Shootout - RIDE WITH THE DEVIL - Mychael Danna ( Steven )
    62) Morning On The Ranch - THE RED PONY - Aaron Copland ( sdtom )
    63) Shifting Gears - BULLIT - Lalo Schifrin ( Timmer )
    64) Pursuit of The Pimp Mobile - TRUCK TURNER - Isaac Hayes ( Timmer )
    65) Fall of The South - GONE WITH THE WIND - Max Steiner ( Captain Future )
    66) The Wreck - UNBREAKABLE - James Newton Howard ( Justin boggan )
    67) Chinon / Eleanor's Arrival - THE LION IN WINTER - John Barry ( Timmer )
    68) The Boy Who Accepted The Star - HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE - Joe Hisaishi ( The Grey Pilgrim )
    69) The Ice Dance - EDWARD SCISSORHANDS - Danny Elfman ( Thor )
    70) The River Crossing To Stalingrad - ENEMY AT THE GATES - James Horner ( Steven )
    71) Ride To The Nazi Hideout - RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK - John Williams ( Steven )
    72) The Flying Circus - THE ROCKETEER - James Horner ( Erik Woods )
    73) Hand of Fate - Part 1 - SIGNS - James Newton Howard ( Artworks )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2014
    Someone should make a compilation of all these when we're done. Erm, mix tape special kinda thing.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    Someone should make a compilation of all these when we're done. Erm, mix tape special kinda thing.

I think many of us will compile our own playlist once this done. There is bound to be hundreds of titles when we're all done.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, i mean compile it in volumes, mp3 and upload them in volumes, 1,2,3 etc...aaarrrrrr
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    aaarrrrrr

You told me you were not a pirate? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2014 edited
    My track of the day:

EDWARD SCISSORHANDS -- "The Ice Dance" -- Danny Elfman

I already mentioned in the '50 favourite' thread why this score means so much to me -- both on a personal level and on an academic level (I analyzed it in my thesis). In this track, the choir is the sole direct form of communication between the two, as everything else is communicated indirectly. Edward can't touch his love, so the intimacy is provided through the ice flakes that Kim takes into her hands. Breaks me up every time even though I've seen the scene countless times. It's also a brilliant piece of music on its own, and gets a longer workout in "Grand Finale". But this short track is the quintessential purity.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote
    aaarrrrrr

I am sure we do have some of those filthy beings here, who can, erm, do the compilation wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Aaarrrrrrrr!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thanks for the playlist! Very good idea.
    Kazoo
  7. Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote
    aaarrrrrr

Well, International Talk Like A Pirate Day is this Friday...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote
    aaarrrrrr

Well, International Talk Like A Pirate Day is this Friday...

I'm from Bristol, UK. We don't need no talk like a pirate day, we talk like pirates every day of every waking hour.