• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2008
    Starship Troopers perhaps Anthony?

And for choral something like The End of all things...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Hmmm...I've kinda gone the opposite route the last few years. I rarely listen to my non-stop, heads-on action scores anymore (even though they make out the majority of my collection). I prefer the quite, melodic, ethereal, moody stuff instead. Could it be my age?

Yes! biggrin wink
    Seriously though, I feel the same way. I still love action scores but they're not so much on my 'to play' list as they used to be, I much prefer more "cerebral" scores in the vein of what you mentioned.

Ah! So that explains it, I'm getting old... wink
    And I always thought the action scores get played the least because I have to show some consideration for the people around me. That's why I usually take the quiet scores, so others will like it too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Jablonsky's Transformers is pretty much on repeat here...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Masters Of The Universe - Bill Conti

Bombastic, pompus, richly thematic and not completely original.

I love it!
    • CommentAuthorviolaone
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2008
    Bill Conti, not completely original?? Never!!! moon

The Right Stuff...The Planets, Shostakovich Symphonies and the orchestral tutti of the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto lifted almost note for note....
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2008
    Jim Ware wrote
    Christopher Young's Hard Rain - a hugely fun listen. Diverting this off-topic slightly, does anyone know what his original track titles were supposed to be?

Hard Rain is awesome. But I think Christopher Young's best action opus is The Core. I love it!! ...to the core.

You want "big"? Open up the Basil Poledouris registry. Flesh + Blood, the Conans, Starship Troopers, all of it is HUGE! Robocop is more suspenseful but has its share of big, bold pieces, too.

And check out most of Miklos Rozsa's sword & sandal epics. All HUGE.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008
    Christopher Young's CORE. punk And Ghost Rider !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    In the film Batman, The Beginning it was so loud in the theater due to their volume or just the soundtrack itself I really wanted earplugs!

The film 300 was awful
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Do you mean Batman Begins? confused