• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LAKESHORE RECORDS PRESENTS
    WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK

Featuring Original Music By Robin Guthrie and Harold Budd

(September 15, 2014– Los Angeles, CA) – Lakeshore Records will release the WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack digitally on September 23, 2014. The album features original music by Robin Guthrie (KABOOM, MYSTERIOUS SKIN, the band Cocteau Twins) and Harold Budd (MYSTERIOUS SKIN, Brian Eno, David Sylvian).

“Gregg Araki [WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD director] has always been a big fan,” said Guthrie, “having used our music in many of his earlier films. He first approached us to fully score a movie in 2004 with MYSTERIOUS SKIN – just his way of getting a few of his favorite artists together.”

“Robin Guthrie and Harold Budd have been idols of mine since the glory days of the late 80s – which is, not just coincidentally, the period when WHITE BIRD takes place,” said Araki. “The score they’ve created for this film – like the music they did for MYSTERIOUS SKIN – is so heartbreakingly gorgeous, it is the movie’s heart and soul. I couldn’t be more thrilled about the release of this record!”

Robin Guthrie first made his name as the founding member of the Cocteau Twins. He continues to release solo albums and EPs, while contributing both original music and his songs to many films including KABOOM, 3:19, and THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, STEALING BEAUTY, THE LOVELY BONES and 27 DRESSES.

Harold Budd, legendary avant garde composer and poet, had come out of his brief 2004 musical retirement to work with Guthrie on the soundtrack for MYSTERIOUS SKIN and on three studio albums, After the Night Falls, Before the Day Breaks and Bordeaux as well as occasional live performances. He continues to work both as a composer and, in the studio, as a recording artist.

“Harold has a uniquely recognizable piano style – his approach, tres minimalist, compliments beautifully my approach to guitar, which is certainly hazily cinematic but a little more structured. That’s why we work well together – we complement each other,” said Guthrie. “We both have our individual approach to our music but never feel compromised when working together.”

In WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD, Kat Connors (Shailene Woodley) is 17 years old when her perfect homemaker mother, Eve (Eva Green), a beautiful, enigmatic, and haunted woman, disappears - just as Kat is discovering and relishing her newfound sexuality. Having lived for so long in a stifled, emotionally repressed household, she barely registers her mother's absence and certainly doesn't blame her doormat of a father, Brock, (Christopher Meloni) for the loss. In fact, it's almost a relief. But as time passes, Kat begins to come to grips with how deeply Eve's disappearance has affected her. Returning home on a break from college, she finds herself confronted with the truth about her mother's departure, and her own denial about the events surrounding it...

“I see the music as serving the story,” explained Guthrie. “When I make records, I can afford to be a little self-indulgent, however, when scoring a movie, I am aware of the function of the music, scene by scene, helping to draw the viewer into the story, creating a backdrop for events on screen. In the case of WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD Gregg Araki provided me with sublime direction towards the atmosphere he was trying to create.”

Magnolia Pictures presents WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD available on demand and on iTunes September 25th and in theaters October 24, 2014. The WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack will be available digitally September 23, 2014.

http://www.lakeshore-records.com/

For more information contact: cinemediapromo@yahoo.com or @cinemediapromo on Twitter