• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2014
    Captain Future wrote
    http://www.amazon.com/Watership-Down-Mi … B000055XBX

Probably that German release on Polydor was also on sale elsewhere.

Nope! Not the cover on mine.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2014 edited
    Here it is...

Watership Down

A far better cover methinks! bunny
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Much better. I confused that with the archive release. It has the same artwork, but was not released individually. It's part of an expensive and rare box set.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2014
    NP: Transformers - Steve Jablonsky. Long time no hear...

I haven't been here a while so let me tell you my most listened to scores this summer:
    - How To Train Your Dragon 2 Powell
    - Game of Thrones - Djawadi (especially season 3)
    - Da Vinci's Demons McCreay
    - Black Sails McCreary
    - The Lone Ranger Zimmer
    - Thor Tyler
    - Tudors season 1 and 4
    I guess that's it
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Mister Moses - John Barry

Lovely to hear a great recording of what was for me a previously-unheard Barry score, though it's not exactly one of his best.
  2. NP: Spuren (Traces) - Frank Duval

Instrumental tracks taken from this 3-CD set, spanning 30 years of German tv music. I mostly skip the songs that I find rather cheesy.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Bregje wrote
    NP: Transformers - Steve Jablonsky. Long time no hear...

I haven't been here a while so let me tell you my most listened to scores this summer:
    - How To Train Your Dragon 2 Powell
    - Game of Thrones - Djawadi (especially season 3)
    - Da Vinci's Demons McCreay
    - Black Sails McCreary
    - The Lone Ranger Zimmer
    - Thor Tyler
    - Tudors season 1 and 4
    I guess that's it

A worthy collection smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Glory - James Horner

Second only to Krull in the list of five-letter scores by James Horner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2014
    Balto.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ....Balto.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, that's 3rd. Long distance at that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    For me it's long distance first! Fact.
  3. Don Davis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Precisely.
  4. Then why is your signature what it is? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Because apostasy is punishable by death.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I consider it renunciation and I sentence you to be killed to death.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Wait! By grace I ask we please allow this fellow a chance to recant.
    He is still young and knows little of such matters it seems.
  5. The Maze Runner - John Paesano

Frustrating. There are some very promising bits, for sure, but also a whole lot of nothing to my ears. It's especially annoying during the action music, with cool rhythmic sequences here and there drowned out by a ton of thrashing dissonance and stingers. Also, why isn't the main theme used more in the body of the score?

Paesano's clearly got chops, but they only shine through in brief glimpses in this score...shame.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    The Maze Runner - John Paesano

Frustrating. There are some very promising bits, for sure, but also a whole lot of nothing to my ears. It's especially annoying during the action music, with cool rhythmic sequences here and there drowned out by a ton of thrashing dissonance and stingers. Also, why isn't the main theme used more in the body of the score?

Paesano's clearly got chops, but they only shine through in brief glimpses in this score...shame.

I found it awful.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. Awful it certainly isn't.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There were some notes in it that made me think it was going to change into the theme from Last of The Mohicans.

Anyway, I basically agree with Edmund.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE MAZE RUNNER - John Paesano

A 2nd listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Razor's Edge - Jack Nitzsche

shocked

5000 plus soundtrack albums later and I'm shocked that I've never heard this one before. Holy shit is this ever beautiful. If you love sweeping string melodies (very John Barry like) then this one is for you. This is a score that isn't ashamed of wearing its heart on its sleeve. Gorgeous sound, too. The London Studio Symphony was brilliantly captured by the legendary Eric Tomlinson. Amazing... AMAZING score and album!

An instant favourite!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2014 edited
    Yikes! I take back the "amazing album" comment. The source music heard after the end credits is not fun... except for "The Monastery" - a glass harmonica cover of the score's main theme. It would have been a PERFECT album without the source cues.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Razor's Edge - Jack Nitzsche

shocked

5000 plus soundtrack albums later and I'm shocked that I've never heard this one before. Holy shit is this ever beautiful. If you love sweeping string melodies (very John Barry like) then this one is for you. This is a score that isn't ashamed of wearing its heart on its sleeve. Gorgeous sound, too. The London Studio Symphony was brilliantly captured by the legendary Eric Tomlinson. Amazing... AMAZING score and album!

An instant favourite!

-Erik-

I had to listen to some tracks on YT, Wow! You're not wrong!! beer

Nitzche has an incredible music history having worked with some of Rock and Blues royalty and much more, look him up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I will, Timmer! beer

NP: The Maze Runner - Hans...errrr... John Paesano

30 seconds in and I want to turn it off. This Zimmer/Batman/string ostinato bullshit needs to stop NOW! And am I hearing Streitenfeld's PROMETHEUS in this score?

crazy

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    I will, Timmer! beer

30 seconds in and I want to turn it off. This Zimmer/Batman/string ostinato bullshit needs to stop NOW! And am I hearing Streitenfeld's PROMETHEUS in this score?

crazy

-Erik-

As i said, pretty unlistenable wink Wait 'till you hear another one-chord score: OPEN WINDOWS (2014) - Jorge Magaz
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

This Zimmer/Batman/string ostinato bullshit needs to stop NOW

It does. By the gods it does!!! angry

I gave it two listens. I did quite like some of it but it's ultimately forgettable.