• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. You are still talking about oberblown lizards?

On the previous page I mean ... o screw it! wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2014
    Timmer wrote
    Oh!? hang on??

WHERE CAN I BUY ONE OF THOSE
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2014
    So now you want a T-REX800?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2014 edited
    I wish I'd thought of that...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014
    I wish I'd thought of Watersaurus. rolleyes spin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014 edited
    NP: America: Imagine The World Without Her - Bryan E. Miller

The plot summary for this political documentary goes like this:

"A story that questions the shaming of the US through revisionist history, lies and omissions by educational institutions, political organizations, Alinsky, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and other progressives to destroy America."

Full of patriotic horns, kick-ass rock guitar and trailer music strings and percussion.

As with David Cebert's 2011 score for The Undefeated - a documentary that chronicles Sarah Palin's pre-political life - there's some really enjoyable tracks on the album, but I'm not sure I want to see the documentary.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote

"A story that questions the shaming of the US through revisionist history, lies and omissions by educational institutions, political organizations, Alinsky, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and other progressives to destroy America."

Full of patriotic horns, kick-ass rock guitar and trailer music strings and percussion.

As with David Cebert's 2011 score for The Undefeated - a documentary that chronicles Sarah Palin's pre-political life - there's some really enjoyable tracks on the album, but I'm not sure I want to see the documentary.

I'm not interested in the scores. The films on the other hand!? lick

Has anyone here seen them?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. NP: Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trevor Morris

Almost everything here has been done and heard elsewhere before, but it is still a nice listen nonetheless.
    A fine replacement from previous installment by Inon Zur.
  3. FalkirkBairn wrote

vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay 1 - JNH

Some very good parts but some dull ones too. I was expecting more from this based on the positive feedback from others. It's no Maleficent.
  4. The Hunger Games scores are like the Game of Thrones scores. Largely dull but once everything's said and done there'll be enough good material to make one strong CD.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that for both subject materials, that's nowhere near good enough. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I thought the first Hunger Games score was really good, though I know most people didn't like it. Second was poor. Third seems to be somewhere in between.
  5. The first one did make a better album, but I thought both scores contained about the same amount of highlights (i.e. about 10 minutes).
  6. The Theory of Everything - Johann Johannsson

Hm. It's pretty and well-written, but other than the upbeat opening cue (love those flute accents) I'm finding it all a bit uninvolving. Very much like a mid-tier Desplat dramatic score, both in that regard and stylistically. If this picks up an Oscar nom (which it may well) I won't necessarily be rooting for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    The Theory of Everything - Johann Johannsson

Hm. It's pretty and well-written, but other than the upbeat opening cue (love those flute accents) I'm finding it all a bit uninvolving. Very much like a mid-tier Desplat dramatic score, both in that regard and stylistically. If this picks up an Oscar nom (which it may well) I won't necessarily be rooting for it.

I love Johansson's work, and what you call 'uninvolving' is in fact the very thing I find involving about his work. This, however, is by far his most upbeat score. I you didn't care for this, you should steer away from MCCANNICK or his masterpiece (thus far) PRISONERS.

I feel he's very different from Desplat, whose style is usually very indifferent in my ears.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014 edited
    NP: ENDER'S GAME (Steve Jablonsky)

The film is pants, but there's just something about the score that attracts me. This is an example of RC-style done WELL, IMO, although it's obviously formulaic.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Southall wrote
    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay 1 - JNH

Some very good parts but some dull ones too. I was expecting more from this based on the positive feedback from others. It's no Maleficent.

so far I wasn't able to track down a release of this score. Is it a digital one? All I can find is that pop compilation.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    There is a separate score album...
  8. FalkirkBairn wrote

Just how much rock guitar? I can't stand it, so I just want to know if I should skip the score. For comparrison, "Kull the Conqueror" almost reaches my breaking point and I end up skipping large parts.

I've wanted to see the film but it came at a time when I couldn't afford to, so a rental is the future cards.

What'w Cebert's score like?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    That documentary is the kind of film where my philosophical and political antipathy towards its subject/angle is so strong, I don't want to have anything to do with it -- even if the music is the Second Coming of brilliance. It was the same way for me with the film version of ATLAS SHRUGGED.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    There's a film version?
    Somehow that completely passed me by! I have to have a look at that.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    There's a film version?

I think there are two films, actually -- also one of the sequel(?).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    confused dizzy
    A sequel?

I really liked the book, but I can't really see a sequel working very well... Sounds like this film (series?) may have done a fast El Floppo... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The sequel was called ATLAS SHRUGGED - WHO IS JOHN GALT? and is from this year.

I despise everything that Ayn Rand stood for, and consequently will have absolutely nothing to do with anything related to her.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Martijn wrote
    There's a film version?

Three films, I think the third was direct-to-DVD.

I've only seen the first. Nothing spectacular. It certainly could have been done way better. And one (or both) of the sequels recast lead characters. The score by Elia Cmiral was decent with a nice enough theme (he scored the first and third film; I think Chrispy Bacon did the second).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thanks for the info Justin.

Direct-to-DVD is usually a good indicator for both popularity AND quality (or rather lack thereof), so I'll pass.

Even though I love everything Ayn Rand stood for. wink
  10. Martijn wrote
    confused dizzy
    A sequel?

I really liked the book, but I can't really see a sequel working very well... Sounds like this film (series?) may have done a fast El Floppo... slant

I recently read a few things by Ayn Rand, ANTHM and a few other short texts. Her philosophy of objectivism gives me nothing. It's trivial in my opinion and "trivial" is not a word I use very often.
  11. Southall wrote
    There is a separate score album...

I see.
  12. NP: First Knight (1995) - Jerry Golsmith

Subtlety is not the strength of this score. It's an all out fun romp with sweeping melodies and jubilant fanfares that makes you forget the rediculous film it was composed for.
    I'm listening to the C&C version that works much better for me than the original album.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: First Knight (1995) - Jerry Golsmith

Subtlety is not the strength of this score. It's an all out fun romp with sweeping melodies and jubilant fanfares that makes you forget the rediculous film it was composed for.
    I'm listening to the C&C version that works much better for me than the original album.

Volker

The film didn't deserve such a great score!