• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2014
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Brian Tyler

This score is still kicking ass and taking names! One of Tyler's very best scores! Maybe his best.

-Erik-

I think it's his best. Iron Man 3 has the better theme perhaps, but overall this is so much more enjoyable than anything he's ever done.

yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's not bad, but I can't really hear the appeal everyone finds in it. confused
    I'll try again.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. edit
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Try this playlist M:

01. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    02. TMNT March
    03. Origins
    04. Cowabunga
    05. The Foot Clan
    06. Rise Of The Four
    07. Turtles United
    08. Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapins
    09. Splinter Vs. Shredder
    10. Shredder
    11. Project Renaissance
    12. Shellacked
    13. Brotherhood
    14. 99 Cheese Pizza
    15. Adrenaline
    16. Shortcut
    17. Buck Buck
    18. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (again, because it’s awesome)
  2. Martijn wrote
    Harrison did, though.

George "Sitar" Harrison! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2014 edited
    Martijn wrote
    All I need to do though is point to the fills in A Day In The Life to easily convince them Ringo was/is a fine drummer indeed!

yeah

His son Zak is a bloody fine drummer too and has played for Oasis and The Who amongst others.

Captain Future wrote
    Neither Lennon nor McCartney have become famous for their guitar play, or have they?

Paul McCartney is an excellent bass player, just check out the wonderful lick in this track...

Goodnight Tonight
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    Try this playlist M:

Cheers A., I will. beer
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

This score is still kicking ass and taking names! One of Tyler's very best scores! Maybe his best.

-Erik-

Doesn't hold a candle to Darkness Falls or Children of Dune wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

No, it blows the fucking candle out of the water and shits all over those scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Children of Dune is particularly overrated but I do like Darkness Falls (the first Tyler score I heard, back in the day).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    See No Evil - Elmer Bernstein

A previously-unknown (by me) piece of prime Bernstein recently released by Intrada. This is a knockout.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Children of Dune is particularly overrated but I do like Darkness Falls (the first Tyler score I heard, back in the day).

Children of Dune is a big steaming pile of meh, but yes, I also recall Darkness Falls being enjoyable.
  3. Steven wrote
    Southall wrote

Children of Dune is a big steaming pile of meh, but yes, I also recall Darkness Falls being enjoyable.

You two are particuarly wrong about this score. Or maybe I am. What does it matter? I like it. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

No, it blows the fucking candle out of the water and shits all over those scores.

pf
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2014
    Children of Dune is not good IMO.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ No, it is not. As much as I like Darkness Falls, The Hunted, Frailty and Iron Man 3, I think TMNT is Tyler's career best!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. I might say something here that you might expel me from the forum but:

Yoko Ono is MUCH BETTER than the Beatles.

There. I. Said. It.

smile
    Hört, Rachegötter, Hört der Mutter Schwur!
  5. Who is Yoko Ono?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Not something you should call your wife or girlfriend, that's for sure. (Not if you want to live.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Captain Future wrote
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote

You two are particuarly wrong about this score. Or maybe I am.

No, you're not.
    They are.
    Very particularly.

And it's indeed a fact that Yoko Ono is currently doing much better than at least two of the Beatles.
  6. Martijn wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote

You two are particuarly wrong about this score. Or maybe I am.

No, you're not.
    They are.
    Very particularly.

And it's indeed a fact that Yoko Ono is currently doing much better than at least two of the Beatles.

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No one's wrong! We're all right! (Some are just more right than others.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    No one's wrong! We're all right!

By Gad, sir, you are a character. There's never any telling what you'll say or do next, except that it's bound to be something astonishing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2014 edited
    Well, sir, what do you suggest? We stand here and shed tears and call each other names?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We could meet at the Saint Sophia mosque. - Like we were tourists.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Let's go, Cairo!

Believe it or not I've never seen the film. I suppose I should?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2014 edited
    You should. You really should. It's one of Bogart's finest. An excellent script with truly iconic dialogue!

Plus then you would have noticed I outgeeked you by meta-referencing Istanbul by quoting From Russia With Love.

Hm.

In my head that sounded SO much cooler than now that I've written it down. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The geek is strong in me only when it comes to films made after 1977 I'm afraid. shame (Except for a certain semi-existentialist space film and Bruce the shark.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yoko Ono
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yoko.
    Oh no. slant

(Name jokes are SO puerile. shame )