• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2014
    I should yoko.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Benadryl Cumbersnatch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Butterscotch Cabbagepatch.
  1. Butters Scotch.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. The Knights who say Desti-ni!

NP: Destiny. Lots of people made a lot of fuzz about it.... I fail to get it. I'm on track 35/43 and I'm sooo bored of it. A lot of cues went by unnoticed (i.e. too soft and nothing happened). The ones I have noticed sounded cheap, or migraine inducing. There have been a few cool moments... but... oh my good god, "The Hive" is exactly how my migraines feel. Look, I don't want diss this thing, it has got some decent moments, but for the most part I'm very underwhelmed. I guess iTunes don't do refunds. slant
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    justin boggan wrote
    Butters Scotch.

Mantequilla!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2014 edited
    Synchrotones wrote
    The Knights who say Desti-ni!

NP: Destiny. Lots of people made a lot of fuzz about it.... I fail to get it. I'm on track 35/43 and I'm sooo bored of it. A lot of cues went by unnoticed (i.e. too soft and nothing happened). The ones I have noticed sounded cheap, or migraine inducing. There have been a few cool moments... but... oh my good god, "The Hive" is exactly how my migraines feel. Look, I don't want diss this thing, it has got some decent moments, but for the most part I'm very underwhelmed. I guess iTunes don't do refunds. slant

It's better if you have played the game. I agree about the cheap sounding stuff. Wish we knew who composed what and why O'Donnell was fired.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2014
    Secret of the Sahara - E Morricone

Love it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Love it.

Aye, a good choice indeed.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    Synchrotones wrote
    The Knights who say Desti-ni!

It's better if you have played the game. I agree about the cheap sounding stuff. Wish we knew who composed what and why O'Donnell was fired.

It's like Austin Wintory overrated snoozefests all over again then? wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: TO THE WONDER (Hanan Townshend)

This is such a gorgeous score, right up my alley. I'm more skeptical about the film, however. It's been lying around in my apartment forever, but I've never really had the interest to put it on due to the negative remarks I've heard from colleagues.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It is a film that requires a certain degree of patience from the viewer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    NP: TO THE WONDER (Hanan Townshend)

This is such a gorgeous score, right up my alley. I'm more skeptical about the film, however. It's been lying around in my apartment forever, but I've never really had the interest to put it on due to the negative remarks I've heard from colleagues.

It's rewarding (the film). Go for it, when you're in the mood and have, as James very well said, patience. I liked it a lot. The score is excellent, shame we haven't heard more from him yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote

Love it.

Some cues in it are breathtaking, beautiful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Demetris wrote

The symphonic drama parts are gorgeous and traditional, nothing like Wintory whatsoever. Try listening to the just the opening track "The Traveller" and then the ones titled "Excerpt from ____". They seem to have come from theme suites created by O'Donnell. Not quite at the level of Deriviere but otherwise some of the best game scoring I've heard in a long time.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    African Safari 3D - Ramin Djawadi

Even Djawadi couldn't go wrong with a film called African Safari 3D (and he didn't). It's exactly as you would expect it to be, which in this case is a good thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2014
    Scribe wrote
    Demetris wrote

The symphonic drama parts are gorgeous and traditional, nothing like Wintory whatsoever. Try listening to the just the opening track "The Traveller" and then the ones titled "Excerpt from ____". They seem to have come from theme suites created by O'Donnell. Not quite at the level of Deriviere but otherwise some of the best game scoring I've heard in a long time.

Thank you, will do so (didn't listen to it yet!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote

Even Djawadi couldn't go wrong with a film called African Safari 3D (and he didn't). It's exactly as you would expect it to be, which in this case is a good thing.

Eager to hear it, Djawadi's output has been way better lately.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Demetris wrote
    Southall wrote

Eager to hear it, Djawadi's output has been way better lately.

It started well but petered out a bit and there are a couple of cringeworthy tracks that ought to be an embarrassment to a professional "composer" (you'll know the two I mean if you hear it) - but still, apart from those, it's decent and enjoyable and undemanding.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2014 edited
    NP: The Silence of the Lambs - Howard Shore

An excellent score for an excellent film. There has to be 3-4 tracks that are worthy of the outstanding thread.

[I think that it says a lot about me that, when I noticed that I had listed the film as "Silence of the Lambs" rather than "The Silence of the Lambs", I just had to edit the post to add the missing "The". Sometimes I just make more work for myself.]
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2014 edited
    NP: Star Trek Medley - Meco

Thanks to Neil Bulk for perhaps ruining forever Jerry Goldsmith's "Klingon Battle". A disco version starts about 3:35 into this video.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Benadryl Cumbersnatch.

I should not have laughed. I really shouldn't have.

But I did. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    [I think that it says a lot about me that, when I noticed that I had listed the film as "Silence of the Lambs" rather than "The Silence of the Lambs", I just had to edit the post to add the missing "The". Sometimes I just make more work for myself.]

biggrin
    I guess among collectors as a bunch OCD tends to be more rife than in general anyway.
    Guess we'll just have to try and keep it manageable.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Star Trek Medley - Meco

Thanks to Neil Bulk for perhaps ruining forever Jerry Goldsmith's "Klingon Battle". A disco version starts about 3:35 into this video.

lol FUNKAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!! lol

I'm try to place those opening bars at the very begining, I think it's Simple Minds, Get In Get out of The Rain?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thanks to Neil Bulk for perhaps ruining forever Jerry Goldsmith's "Klingon Battle".

confused
    Not sure how this ties in?
  3. Martijn wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thanks to Neil Bulk for perhaps ruining forever Jerry Goldsmith's "Klingon Battle".

confused
    Not sure how this ties in?

Sorry. Neil linked to this video from social media and it popped up on my feed, so I am blaming him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ah so desu ka!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote

Oh my...
  4. Martijn wrote

How can you leave that without getting it right - or sorting it out?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    crazy No! Just NO! crazy