• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote
    crazy No! Just NO! crazy

That's just horrible. I WILL have nightmares!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. NP: MIAMI VICE - The Complete Collection (1984) - Jan Hammer

And on the eighth day God created the synthesizer. cool
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2014
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: MIAMI VICE - The Complete Collection (1984) - Jan Hammer

And on the eighth day God created the synthesizer. cool

This set is one of my treasured....well, treasures.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. I'd surely like to own the CD set, but 200€ ?!!?

Well, there is a commercial download for 20$ at Hammer's site. That offer I took.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ah, I assumed you owned the set.

I was fortunate to buy the set many years ago (2003?) through a very short 'deal' thing on Amazon. It's amazing, the sums it's going for now.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2014 edited
    NP: JOHN CARTER (Michael Giacchino)

The album is too long at 75 minutes, and there's too much bombastic music, but this is about the only Giacchino score I've liked (on album) -- although there are still some to check out. Sorry, Anthony! wink
    I am extremely serious.
  4. I do own the albums Escape from Television and Best of MIAMI VICE. They cover most of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2014 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    I do own the albums Escape from Television and Best of MIAMI VICE. They cover most of it.

Most, but not all. Besides, you gotta love Hammer's reworking of all the cues here, using his old equipment, but with spectacular sound. But yeah -- as long as it's priced at those sums, the money is best spent elsewhere.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thor wrote

The album is too long at 75 minutes, and there's too much bombastic music, but this is about the only Giacchino score I've liked (on album) -- although there are still some to check out. Sorry, Anthony! wink

Please tell me you do like Ratatouille. You won't find a better Giacchino album than that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anthony wrote
    Thor wrote

Please tell me you do like Ratatouille. You won't find a better Giacchino album than that.

That's one of those I haven't checked out properly on album yet. But I liked the film.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2014
    Gorky Park - James Horner

A very odd score, but I do like it. The new Intrada album sounds so much better than the old one(s).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote

This is one of his best scores to date.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2014 edited
    NP: NOT FORGOTTEN: THE UNKNOWN STORY OF AUTISIM IN UKRAINE (Jürgen Beck)

This is such a stupendeously beautiful score, even though the main theme bears more than a little resemblance to SCHINDLER'S LIST. I hope Beck will continue to rise as a composer in the years to come.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Thor wrote

There's something lacking in this score and I'm not quite sure what? I think it's okay but as my most anticipated score of that year I also found it disappointing.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've never felt the urge to return to it. (So of course it's the only Giacchino score Thor likes biggrin )

The Maize Runner John Paesano

There's some entertaining stuff here.
  5. Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Thor wrote

There's something lacking in this score and I'm not quite sure what? I think it's okay but as my most anticipated score of that year I also found it disappointing.

It is a good score. The one thing that bothers me is the temp track bleeding. (Jarre especially) That is curious because with other scores that doesn't bother me at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE WATCHER (Marco Beltrami)

I don't know....I don't like suspense/horror scores and all that, but there's just something about the way Beltrami does it, esp. in the 90s, that appeals to me. Very 'delicious darkness' all around. This is an example of that. The film was so-so.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Thor wrote

It's grand, symphonic, coherent and the main theme is infectious as hell. What's missing? smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. Die schönsten Melodien aus DERRICK und DER ALTE (1975) - Frank Duval

Melancholic pop instrumentals that formed the soundtrack of these long running German crime shows. This album was first released on vinyl in 1979 and later in 1984 on CD. It's a real classic hereabouts.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    Die schönsten Melodien aus DERRICK und DER ALTE (1975) - Frank Duval

Melancholic pop instrumentals that formed the soundtrack of these long running German crime shows. This album was first released on vinyl in 1979 and later in 1984 on CD. It's a real classic hereabouts.

Volker

DERRICK is a cornerstone of Norwegian culture, and both Horst Tappert and Fritz whatshisname who played Harry Klein have become friends of our country. Back in the 70s and 80s, when we only had one tv channel, it was required viewing on Friday evenings for the whole family. Probably the most famous of all crime shows that were slotted into the 'concept' of Detektimen (literally translated as the Detec Hour). It's still shown on our main channel during the day.

I can't remember much of the music, but whenever I've zapped past an episode in recent years, and if that episode was an 80s one with Duval's music, I've always taken notice. I'd love to check out that album of yours.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Derrick was also shown in the UK albeit at an ungodly hour of the morning.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. I was long unaware in how much countries all over the world DERRICK was shown and how much this show shaped the view people had of the pre '1989 Federal Republic. It is a bit like STAR TREK or MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.
  8. Thor wrote

DERRICK is a cornerstone of Norwegian culture, and both Horst Tappert and Fritz whatshisname who played Harry Klein have become friends of our country. Back in the 70s and 80s, when we only had one tv channel, it was required viewing on Friday evenings for the whole family. Probably the most famous of all crime shows that were slotted into the 'concept' of Detektimen (literally translated as the Detec Hour). It's still shown on our main channel during the day.

I can't remember much of the music, but whenever I've zapped past an episode in recent years, and if that episode was an 80s one with Duval's music, I've always taken notice. I'd love to check out that album of yours.

Fritz Wepper
    He is still a popular TV actor in Germany. Horst Tappert of course died back in 2008.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Steven wrote

It would be more entertaining if it were only the third score written in this style, rather than the three hundred and ninety-first.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    Thor wrote

Fritz Wepper
    He is still a popular TV actor in Germany. Horst Tappert of course died back in 2008.

He did. There was lots of coverage in Norwegian papers when he died. He actually had a cabin up in the North of Norway, where he spent most of his summers. Wepper (thanks for the reminder!) also played in a Norwegian short film last year -- a bad short film, but still.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote

Part of the "grain family" series of films, which previously included Children of the Corn and Catcher in the Rye. Coming soon is Miami Rice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It's less like a movie serial, more like a movie cereal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Will you be here all night?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2014 edited
    Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - Patrick Doyle

You don't get any more balls to the wall from Doyle than in this score, particularly "The Creation".
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.