• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2014
    I've been trying to order this (and another MSM score) from Amazon.
    No luck.
    It's all exceedingly complicated as you're required to have a home address in the country that Amazon is located in.
    So if you're not from the US, the UK, Italy, France, Japan or Germany, you're shit out of luck.

I don't want to order from iTunes (and their proprietary format), so yeah.... slant

It's times like these that I really despair at Old-Skool media moguls who can't understand why piracy remains such a hot issue. How about ACTUALLY OFFERING a product, folks?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Have you tried somewhere like 7digital?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martjin have you tried contacting Mikael directly?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. NP: The 13th Warrior (1999) - Jerry Goldsmith

A joyful listen from start to finish.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI - John Williams

Not bad.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Jeah, especially "Lapti Nek" is a highlight. Or "Jedi Rocks", dependingly. wink

I love my own final suite edit that contains the film version of "Ewok Celebration" and "Victory Celebration".

Seriously. I love it, as you know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I much prefer the 1997 version of the finale, it's so much fun. punk
  4. I've always preferred the faux pan flute version of the HOOK theme from 1997. The previous song sums up everything naff about John Williams' song writing.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2014
    Inception - Hans Zimmer

Bloody good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Inception - Hans Zimmer

Bloody good.

Agree. Perhaps one of his best scores to date, along with The thin red line, backdraft, gladiator.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2014 edited
    I just may have heard INTERSTELLAR and I must say it's stellar! The way Zimmer fuses his sound with Jean Michel Jarre's electronics is starspingling. I also noticed my nose if full of snot. Or I'm full of shit. I don't know anymore. It certainly tickles my brain.

On AUTOMATA, it's beautiful. It sometimes reminded me of Desplat and even Elfman, or Korzenoiwski's score for Life on Terra.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt, thanks for the heads up! Where did you listen Interstellar? can't wait for that (although not a big fan of Jean Michelle Jarre). Automata is lovely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    I just may have heard INTERSTELLAR and I must say it's stellar! The way Zimmer fuses his sound with Jean Michel Jarre's electronics is starspingling. I also noticed my nose if full of snot. Or I'm full of shit. I don't know anymore. It certainly tickles my brain.

I presume this was a pre-premiere at the Gent film festival or something?

In any case, thanks for the confirmation that INTERSTELLAR is the project Zimmer and Jarre was working on together. HZ posted a picture of Jarre visiting his studio some months back.

Because of Jarre's involvement, in particular, this is now not only my most anticipated score of the year -- probably my most anticipated score in....at least 10 years!

omg
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hmm. I thought it would have been clear I was making things up due to serious snottery. But it wasn't. So I don't know actually anything about this score. It seems I'm never really obvious. A pity.

But I hope Jarre is involved though! I just wanted to reference this:
    http://www.contactmusic.com/story/hans- … ts_4401847

I'm very sorry.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ha, ha....gee, man, that's the problem with the absence of body language in this place! Things fly right over my head. I'm too serious all the time.

Damn.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I will never be making things up again.

But Thor, when you visit Gent in a few weeks, I will give you an exclusive preview of the score!
    Kazoo
  5. IMDB certainly does not state anything about Jarre being involved. His visit to RC was probably of private nature.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    IMDB certainly does not state anything about Jarre being involved. His visit to RC was probably of private nature.

Volker

Probably. But that visit and his expressed desire to score more films, especially science fiction, made this a very plausible scenario for me.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Have you tried somewhere like 7digital?

bhangra That worked!
    My bad. As only iTunes and Amazon were listed as digital outlets, I simply didn't think to look any further! (I assumed these were exclusives).

Cheers, Alan! beer
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: SWAT - Elliot Goldenthal

Bad ass! punk

-Erik
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: SWAT - Elliot Goldenthal

Bad ass! punk

-Erik

Amazing score, thanks for reminding me of this! Same as HEAT. Popping those two in later on! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - James Horner

My favourite Spidey score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. I think it's a draw with Danny Elfman's Spider-Man 2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Mine too, although the Zimmer is close. The Elfmans I've never really cared for outside the main theme.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Captain Future wrote
    I think it's a draw with Danny Elfman's Spider-Man 2.

Elfman's and Young's efforts > Zimmer's > Horner's.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote

It is beautiful. Love it, way above the sequel score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    I think it's a draw with Danny Elfman's Spider-Man 2.

Elfman's and Young's efforts > Zimmer's > Horner's.

-Erik-

Srsly?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Yeah, SERIOUSLY! Horner's has a great theme... I love that theme but man it wasn't a very good film score and the "love theme" was rather irritating. Film sucked donkey balls, too.

I thought what Zimmer did with his Spider-Man music was far more interesting musically and creatively. Great battle between the organic hero music and the electronic bad guy stuff.

Young's score is vastly underrated probably due to the fact that 1) the score was never released and 2) the film was a steaming pile of dog shit.

As for Elfman's efforts. They are classics of the genre. Elfman just got it. Everything from the romance between Parker and Mary Jane to Parker's duel identity and the bad guy motifs. I mean, Doc Ock eight note motif is the stroke of genius!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Yeah, SERIOUSLY! Horner's has a great theme... I love that theme but man it wasn't a very good film score and the "love theme" was rather irritating. Film sucked donkey balls, too.

I thought what Zimmer did with his Spider-Man music was far more interesting musically and creatively. Great battle between the organic hero music and the electronic bad guy stuff.

Young's score is vastly underrated probably due to the fact that 1) the score was never released and 2) the film was a steaming pile of dog shit.

As for Elfman's efforts. They are classics of the genre. Elfman just got it. Everything from the romance between Parker and Mary Jane to Parker's duel identity and the bad guy motifs. I mean, Doc Ock eight note motif is the stroke of genius!

-Erik-

Was mostly (my point) on Zimmer's noisy mess being a better score than Horner's. And the first film was much better than the crappy, dizzy 2nd one which lacked character motivation, development and general direction.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    As for Elfman's, well no. But Young's spiderman music is indeed very good.