• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2014 edited
    MovieScore Media presents

Automata (Zacarías M. de la Riva)

http://moviescoremedia.com/automata-zac … e-la-riva/
    http://www1.screenarchives.com/title_de … /AUTOMATA/

“The music by Zacarías M. De la Riva is classy and sophisticated, giving this an almost art-house style vibe…” (JoBlo.com)

“De la Riva’s score evokes pristine cleanliness while at the same time, unsanitary primitivism. It conjures up heaven along with hell and is as equally defeatist as it is inspirational.” (Badass Digest)

MovieScore Media releases Zacarías M. de da Riva’s soundtrack for Automata, the new sci-fi thriller starring Antonio Banderas, recently hailed by reviewers as “a strikingly slick and intriguing sci-fi thriller” (Screen Daily), “freaking magnificent” (Ain’t It Cool News), “surreal science fiction at its best” (Twitch), “smart sci-fi done on a large canvas” (Joblo) and considered a film which is “going to be looked at as a classic of the genre” (Films.com). MovieScore Media’s release of the score album co-incides with the US theatrical release of the film (courtesy of Millennium Films) on October 10, 2014.

Antonio Banderas plays the role of Jacq Vaucan, a disillusioned insurance agent of ROC robotics corporation whose job involves the investigation of manipulated robots. Although it seems like another routine case at first, Vaucan soon realizes that his latest mission will have more profound effects on the future of humanity… Directed and co-written by Spanish filmmaker Gabe Ibáñez (Hierro), the dystopian film also features the talents of Dylan McDermott, Melanie Griffith and Javier Bardem in a cameo appearance as a voice of a robot.

The score for Automata was written by Zacarías M. de la Riva, one of the most versatile talents of the Spanish film music scene. A former student of telecommunication who then enrolled to the Berklee College of Music to study film music, de la Riva has already proven himself to be talented in every genre he’s come across. Previous de la Riva scores issued by MovieScore Media include the prior Gabe Ibáñez collaboration Hierro (2009), the cinema-themed murder mystery Imago Mortis (2009), and the Indiana Jones-inspired animated adventure Tad, The Lost Explorer (2011).

Though it is set in the future overrun with robots, Automata features a rich, orchestral score with a haunting choir lending an epic quality to the story. As the composer explains: ”The movie moves constantly between two different worlds. The world of the sci-fi thriller and the world of the philosophical and metaphysical. The first one deals with Jacq Vaucan’s investigation of malfunctioning robots, the second one deals with the essence of the being and his reality, human or robotic. Music had to resolute this dichotomy, make the coexistence of this two different worlds possible.”

The score features the The Bulgarian Symphony Orchestra and the Swedish choir Johannebergs Vokalensemble which was contracted for the film by MovieScore Media’s Mikael Carlsson.

MMS14020 • AUTOMATA (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    Music Composed by ZACARÍAS M. DE LA RIVA
    Release date (digital): October 7, 2014
    Release date (CD): October 21, 2014
    CD available while quantities and interest remain.

TRACK LIST

1 The Earth 1:52
    2 We Want to Live 2:50
    3 Robot on Fire 1:00
    4 Apology 4:28
    5 Desperation 3:30
    6 Birth of a New Robot 4:14
    7 Good Luck Jack 2:28
    8 The Precedent 4:26
    9 A Night Out Dancing 4:53
    10 The Canyon: Part 1 2:06
    11 The Canyon: Part 2 3:52
    12 Meeting Cleo 2:45
    13 Into the Desert 3:30
    14 I’m Burnt Out
    15 Locker 2:44
    16 New Robot Appears 1:30
    17 Badly Wounded 1:43
    18 Automata Requiem 4:22
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2014
    This is fantastic.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. moviescore wrote
    The score features the The Bulgarian Symphony Orchestra and the Swedish choir Johannebergs Vokalensemble which was contracted for the film by MovieScore Media’s Mikael Carlsson.

Mikael may be too modest to say that he (along with his wife) performed as part of the choir on the soundtrack. Great job!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Finally got round to listening to this.... I'm only a few tracks in, but I'm already in love. What a beautiful sound and style. Wow...
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2014
    I like some of the tracks, but I simply don't understand what all the fuss over this is.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. I'm with you on that.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. It does seem to owe a lot to Zimmer's introvert moments. Thin Red Line, Dark Knight, Last Samurai... that kind sound, especially the cello solos. I can't help but love it though.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2014
    Synchrotones wrote
    It does seem to owe a lot to Zimmer's introvert moments. Thin Red Line, Dark Knight, Last Samurai... that kind sound, especially the cello solos. I can't help but love it though.

Don't hear much of that. If anything, this is more classical than anything Zimmer ever wrote, esp, the choral material.

franz_conrad wrote
    I'm with you on that.

Yeah, let's listen to some air vent sounds (like some guy perfectly explained about Gone Girl on fb) or synth drones a la Fury for a change wink
  5. Yeah, because parodying anyone who disagrees with you makes you more right. wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No but i love being an asshole in the mornings wink beer
  6. At least I paid full album price for my objective impression. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Price ? screw him
  7. I meant Automata. Maybe I'd like it more if it hadn't cost me anything.
  8. franz_conrad wrote
    I meant Automata. Maybe I'd like it more if it hadn't cost me anything.

There is also the option that, if you like it a lot, you are willing to pay full price for it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. I guess the trick there is you somehow have to find a way of liking it first. Which is possible with some scores, but not this one. No sirree boys, I bought it off your hype. wink
  10. franz_conrad wrote
    I guess the trick there is you somehow have to find a way of liking it first. Which is possible with some scores, but not this one. No sirree boys, I bought it off your hype. wink

Well, you should know better than that by now!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2014
  11. A magnificent score indeed - http://t.co/UWYtZEQtdL