• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. ORIGINAL FILM SOUNDTRACK OF THE BOOK OF LIFE AVAILABLE NOW DIGITALLY
    AND ON CD ON OCTOBER 27, 2014

LIVELY AND MOVING SONGS FROM THE ANIMATED FANTASY-ADVENTURE
    FEATURING THE ARTISTS US THE DUO, JESSE & JOY, LA SANTA CECILIA
    AS WELL AS PLÁCIDO DOMINGO

ORIGINAL SCORE SOUNDTRACK BY AWARD-WINNING COMPOSER GUSTAVO SANTAOLALLA AVAILABLE DIGITALLY OCTOBER 21, 2014

Sony Classical is pleased to announce the release of the original motion picture soundtrack and the original score by Gustavo Santaolalla for the film, The Book of Life. The original film soundtrack is available now digitally and will be released on CD on October 27. The original score soundtrack is available digitally on October 21. The film has a distinctive Latin American blend of comedy, romance, fantasy and adventure – a combination that the music perfectly captures. The soundtrack is a mix of feel-good, catchy and touching songs, all of them newly recorded for this movie.

The happy atmosphere of many tracks strongly features the guitar and a Mexican beat. Mexican duo Jesse & Joy get it off to a rousing start with a new song, “Live Life.” The third track, “No Matter Where You Are” by Us the Duo, and “Mas” by Kinky are also full of fun and infectious rhythms. The abundant laughter in the movie comes across when the American comedian Gabriel Iglesias sings “Do Ya Think I'm Sexy,” Rod Stewart’s hit of 1978.

Between fast-paced, lively songs there are some quieter, emotional numbers. “I Love You Too Much” and “The Apology Song” were especially written for the film by Gustavo Santaolalla and Paul Williams. Santaolalla has won two Academy Awards for Best Original Score, for his work on Babel and Brokeback Mountain. He composed music for the highly acclaimed movie August: Osage County, which was released by Sony Music Masterworks at the end of 2013. On the soundtrack of The Book of Life “The Apology Song” is sung enthusiastically by La Santa Cecilia, then reprised in a more soulful manner by Diego Luna, the Mexican actor who is the voice of the lead character Manolo in the film. Luna’s tender vocals also feature in “I Love You Too Much”. Both of these original new songs for The Book of Life come again at the end of the soundtrack in Spanish versions, recorded by Diego Luna.

The soundtrack also includes all-time favorites that every listener will recognize. The well-known Mexican melody “Cielito Lindo” also showcases the voice of the great tenor Plácido Domingo. The evergreen “Can't Help Falling In Love With You”, sung here by Diego Luna, was first performed by Elvis Presley in 1961 for the movie Blue Hawaii.

In its good humor and emotional appeal, this mix of new songs and old favorites, happy music and sentimental reflection, perfectly complements the changing moods of The Book of Life.

About the movie
    The Book of Life tells the legend of Manolo, a conflicted hero and dreamer who sets off on an epic quest through magical, mythical and wondrous worlds in order to reunite with his one true love and defend his village. For more information, please visit www.bookoflifemovie.com. The Book of Life will be in cinemas nationwide on October 17, 2014.

Tracklisting
    1. Live Life – Jesse & Joy
    2. The Apology Song – La Santa Cecilia
    3. No Matter Where You Are – Us the Duo
    4. I Love You Too Much – Diego Luna and Gustavo Santaolalla
    5. I Will Wait – Joe Matthews, Diego Luna and Gustavo Santaolalla
    6. Mas – Kinky
    7. Cielito Lindo – Plácido Domingo
    8. Creep – Diego Luna and Gustavo Santaolalla
    9. Can't Help Falling In Love With You – Diego Luna and Gustavo Santaolalla
    10. Ecstasy Of Gold – Gustavo Santaolalla
    11. Do Ya Think I'm Sexy – Gabriel Iglesias and Gustavo Santaolalla
    12. Just A Friend – Cheech Marin and Biz Markie
    13. El Aparato / Land of the Remembering – Gustavo Santaolalla featuring Café Tacvba
    14. Visiting Mother – Gustavo Santaolalla
    15. The Apology Song – Diego Luna and Gustavo Santaolalla
    16. No Matter Where You Are – Diego Luna, Zoë Saldana and Plácido Domingo
    17. Te Amo y Mas – Diego Luna and Gustavo Santaolalla
    18. Si Puedes Perdonar – Diego Luna and Gustavo Santaolalla

Sony Masterworks comprises Masterworks, Okeh, Portrait, Sony Classical, RCA Red Seal, and Masterworks Broadway imprints. For email updates and information please visit www.SonyMasterworks.com.

For more information, please contact:
    cinemediapromo@yahoo.com or @cinemediapromo on Twitter
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2014
    Ah, this should be interesting!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. I wonder how many are score-only tracks? No interest in the songs.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2014 edited
    Editing out the songs, this one could be quite a good score. A great version of Morricone's "Ecstasy of Gold" too - even with the contemporary beat!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2014
    now that Alan has an interest to me.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2014
    A lot of the score and songs are interpretations of existing material by other composers, but there are some good tracks. Also unusually orchestral here and there for a Santaolalla effort.
    I am extremely serious.