• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2014
    This should appeal to the Thor's and the Captain Future's of the world:

http://youtu.be/v93Jh6JNBng
  1. http://33.media.tumblr.com/ea0deff2a634 … o1_250.gif
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2014
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2014
    I knew I'd seen that ball droid from the trailer somewhere before...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I knew I'd seen that ball droid from the trailer somewhere before...

This is where I find geeky turns into nerdy.

Unusually this one actually made me laugh biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. This is where funny turns into dumb. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You're dumb and you smell. This is funny. I have spoken.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I thought it was VERY funny!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. I just discovered that the novelization will be by Alan Dean Foster. They are bolting down Nostalgia Alley, aren't they? They couldn't have hired a more experienced hand of course.

smile Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2015
    shocked
    They are REALLY pulling out all the stops to win the oldey timey fans back!

(That said, I already have this on pre-order dizzy )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That is a lot more expensive than I would have thought.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, true, indeed, absolutely, don't care.

<sad fanboy cry >
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2015
    Heh!

This is probably the only film-related forum on the face of the Earth where no one has mentioned the new STAR WARS trailer (which is superb, btw). We're such a weird forum.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Why mention what is obvious to everyone? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Exactly!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Quite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    We're still an odd place.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Quite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Exactly!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  5. Am I the only one who thought the music was the best about it?

I don't mean to say that the trailer itself was bad - just that the new theme variations were so amazingly beautiful they kind of took me out of the trailer! I didn't even realise/notice some of its highlights because I was so distracted by the music.

dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2015
    Really? confused
    It sounded like a pretty standard temp track to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Am I the only one who thought the music was the best about it?

I don't mean to say that the trailer itself was bad - just that the new theme variations were so amazingly beautiful they kind of took me out of the trailer! I didn't even realise/notice some of its highlights because I was so distracted by the music.

dizzy

Agreed. It was welldone arrangement by whoever did it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I really disliked the piano oodling at the beginning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No, I'm not mad about the trailer music at all. It all seems pretty by the numbers to appeal to a power chord generation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2015 edited
    Oooooh, DAMN you, social media. crazy

I've just, quite inadvertently, read THE worst spoiler for the film on Facebook.
    Well, to be fair: at current it's just a foaming-at-the-mouth fanboy theory, but sadly, knowing what I know about Star Wars, the director, and the different inspirations for this new series, it seems a very likely guess.
    Damn, damn, damn. sad

(the link above is not a referral to aforementioned theory. I ain't gonna spoilerise nothing, yo!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Really? confused
    It sounded like a pretty standard temp track to me.

YEP! And I didn't like it. Thomas Newman style piano oodlin' has no business in Star Wars either, someone done come in and near made John Williams themes sound generic. Compare with the Teaser Trailer # 2 music that melted my frigging spine.

Still, the good news is that that crap won't be in the film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. You guys are unbelievable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, Thor said this was an odd place... wink

(BTW: Unbelievable because we don't like trailer music ? confused I have a confession to make: I didn't like the trailer music for the very original Star Wars either smile )
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm also quite surprised at the response here, Ralph. Seems about the only place with such negative feedback in regard to the music. Most everwhere else I've been -- including my own staff -- it's been far more welcoming. I mean, seriously, in an age where most trailers of this kind are filled with generic horns of doom and endless ostinato, here we have these gorgeous, slow renditions of Williams' iconic themes accompanying some spectacular images that are very careful of not giving away major plot points.

It's quite unique.

Me thinks this place is getting too cynical.
    I am extremely serious.