• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. And the nominations for best original score are:

Alexandre Desplat, “The Grand Budapest Hotel”
    Alexandre Desplat, “The Imitation Game”
    Hans Zimmer, “Interstellar”
    Gary Yershon, “Mr Turner”
    Johann Johannsson, “The Theory of Everything”
  2. MR. TURNER came out of nowhere. That's the only one I hadn't heard. I'm listening to it now and . . . it's weird. Of the other four I enjoyed THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING the most, though THE IMITATION GAME is not far behind. I am frankly shocked (though not displeased) that GONE GIRL wasn't nominated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2015
    I like "Interstellar" from Hans Zimmer. Perhaps he'll win his second Oscar. I think it's been 20 years since "Lion King"
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2015
    christopher wrote
    I am frankly shocked (though not displeased) that GONE GIRL wasn't nominated.

Yeah, people I know are like, "Reznor and Ross were robbed!" and all I can do is grin. I hate their scores.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Of those my favourites are INTERSTELLAR and THE IMMITATION GAME.

Desplat's two scores will cancel each over out in the votes. My bet is that neither composer will pick up the trophy.

It shouldn't matter but for some silly arsed reason I still get sucked into this self congratulatory back slapping crap. rolleyes smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    I suspect it'll come down to INTERSTELAR and IMITATION GAME and the latter has better odds because it already won the Golden Globes.
  3. Timmer wrote
    It shouldn't matter but for some silly arsed reason I still get sucked into this self congratulatory back slapping crap. rolleyes smile

I know what you mean. I feel the same way too.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    For me it matters because it's a "big deal", not the other way round. It's nice to see deserving composers (and artists) get this level of recognition, but at the same time the whole thing is a farce.
  4. The thing that's a little sad for me is seeing Marco Beltrami miss out for The Homesman. It's a film where the composer definitely can make a mark (of a much more subtle variety than say, Interstellar).
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2015
    franz_conrad wrote
    The thing that's a little sad for me is seeing Marco Beltrami miss out for The Homesman. It's a film where the composer definitely can make a mark (of a much more subtle variety than say, Interstellar).

I have to say that the music wasn't worthy of an Oscar. I will say one thing about the Homesman and that is it stuck to the book fairly well.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!