• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2015
    One of the companies that I've neglected in the past year has been Moviescore Media and I plan on improving my track record for Mikael this year. The composer contacted me about his newer release to the film "Allies" which I'm currently listening to right now and will review. As most of you are aware of Mikael gives the new composer the opportunity to 'get his foot in the door' with a soundtrack from a smaller independent film.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2015
    https://sdtom.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/ … ppe-jakko/

This is a review of the "Allies"
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2015
    After talking to jakko I revised the writing a bit.
    Tom
    https://sdtom.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/ … ppe-jakko/
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2015
    I'm anxious to listen to listen to "Que d'Amour."
    Tom
  1. Allies had some nice material (I particularly liked the second and penultimate tracks). I liked Que d'Amour! better. It's my kind of score. Very classical sounding and then Delerueian in turn. That track labelled "ala Delerue" sounds EXACTLY like Delerue at the beginning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    looking forward to a listen
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Agree with Christopher. ALLIES didn't really suit my fancy, but QUE D'AMOUR certainly did, even if it's 99% pastiche.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    will give it a listen today
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorph.jakko
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2015 edited
    Hi everyone, nice to catch you up here even if i'm not used to chat and answer in that forums actually, but you have to know that the "concept" of the soundtrack of film "Que d'amour" was to write some "pastiches". A kind of "neo baroque" soundtrack according according to the subject of the film (a free adaption of a french XVIIIe play written by Marivaux in 1730) . (even if there's also hotel piano parts closer than pastiches of schubert or early XIXe music which was director's needs.) So if was good fun to write it because i love baroque music first and it reminds me my year as a student in counterpoint... There's a Chaconne in the style of vivaldi for instance . Why Delerue you might ask? because in his time he did pastiche of baroque music as well (remember truffaut 's day for night or roy hill's a little romance) and it was funny to pastiche delerue who pastiched bach for instance... and in My final "alla delerue" it's exactly what i wanted to do. As an homage as well. Obviously... (i did a master degree in musicology on delerue's work and i even examinated his handwriting scores.)
    Thank you for your interess anyway. Ph
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2015
    Thanks for chiming in, Philippe!

I actually think it takes a lot of talent to write GOOD pastiche. QUE D'AMOUR is a wonderful example thereof. You clearly know what you're doing.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2015
    very nice that he responded to me and maintitles.
    Tom