• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2008 edited
    This list is self-explanatory and will be updated regularly by myself based on incoming results of my TOP THREE lists... so watch this space just in case you need a quick selection of scores to impress your friends... as soon as this list is long enough, voting on the TOP THREE of all time shall begin...

Backdraft - Hans Zimmer
    The Dark Crystal - Trevor Jones
    The Empire strikes back - John Williams
    E.T. - The Extraterrestrial - John Williams
    The Final Conflict - Jerry Goldsmith
    Godzilla - David Arnold
    Independence Day - David Arnold
    Jurassic Park - John Williams
    Krull - James Horner
    Last of the Mohicans - Trevor Jones
    Legend - Jerry Goldsmith
    Merlin - Trevor Jones
    The New World - James Horner
    The Prince of Egypt - Hans Zimmer
    Signs - James Newton Howard
    Snow Falling on Cedars - James Newton Howard
    Stargate - David Arnold
    Star Trek - The Motion Picture - Jerry Goldsmith
    Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan - James Horner
    The Thin Red Line - Hans Zimmer
    The Village - James Newton Howard
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2008
    Oh God i hope i don't see TITANIC or BRAVEHEART anywhere, oh God i hope i hope i hope!

What did you say Erik? tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2008 edited
    I don't get it. Shouldn't just the "winner" of each composer list be listed here? Or are you including all three leaders from every composer? Also, what about the order? Are you basing it on the votes in each thread? How is that compatible if more people have participated in one composer thread than another?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote

What did you say Erik? tongue

:whisper: you suck!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

:whisper: you suck!

-Erik-

Stewie Style punk biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Thor wrote
    I don't get it. Shouldn't just the "winner" of each composer list be listed here? Or are you including all three leaders from every composer?

I will include the top three of each composer (top four or more if there are more scores with equal points) to make sure there are enough titles to choose from for every kind of taste. If this list included the number one from Williams, Hooper and Bates only, we would get a totally different result as if I would give the top three from each composer.

Also, what about the order? Are you basing it on the votes in each thread? How is that compatible if more people have participated in one composer thread than another?

The order is by alphabet. biggrin
  1. Oh God i hope i don't see TITANIC

Funny, I feel something exactly the same about "Krull" and "Star Wars: Episode 3".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I get it. Cause It's controversial.
  2. No, because they blow.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No, you just don't like them.
  3. Your right, it's more like "suck", since it's sucked so many people to them.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    suckedy suck!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    justin boggan wrote
    No, because they blow.

Yeah; i can share the sentiment if it's KRULL we're talking about wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Updated the list to include David Arnold, James Horner, and Hans Zimmer. I´m sorry for Demetris and Justin that I had to include Krull, but I can totally see why people like it and think it earns its place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008 edited
    Updated to include Jerry Goldsmith.

Let me take this opportunity to thank all voters for participating in my little game. It´s a lot fun!

I want to ask you which composers to do next. Let the suggestions come... I´ll do all composers that are called at least five times.... biggrin
  4. Thomas Wanker
    Thomas Wanker
    Thomas Wanker
    Thomas Wanker
    Thomas Wanker

biggrin

Realistically:

Danny Elfman
    Basil Poledouris
    Franz Waxman
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Thomas Wanker
    Thomas Wanker
    Thomas Wanker
    Thomas Wanker
    Thomas Wanker

biggrin

Realistically:

Danny Elfman
    Basil Poledouris
    Franz Waxman

Yes, I did an Elfman thread not too long ago. How about him?
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Maybe if a composer is worth starting a separate topic on then (s)he deserves a top 3 entry?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. With all top three lists combined in a single topic now, there is no reason to keep this topic alive. Please, Bregt or anyone who´s able to do so, please let this sink or delete it entirely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh God i hope i don't see TITANIC or BRAVEHEART anywhere, oh God i hope i hope i hope!

justin boggan wrote
    Funny, I feel something exactly the same about "Krull" and "Star Wars: Episode 3".

*heads over to that other thread to vote for both "Krull" and "Braveheart".

Peter tongue