• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2008
    And it's only 10.10! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I hope my day is longer than usual. biggrin slant

Exam you know. Never time enough.
    And I'm seriously annoyed today too.

Same boat, different time space continiuum. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Heheh good luck mate! Mine's tomorrow and i am SOOO bored by the thought of having to study more of this stuff here today slant
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2008 edited
    It's terrible yes.

kill (= sending you positive courage capsules!)
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Good luck to both of you boys!I wish you the best! wave
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Yep, good luck and wisdom from me too! I'll try to imaginatively send a mental 'wisdom 'n luck' package your way, but with the distance between Holland and Greece, and the slow mental-post services of Belgium I won't guarantee you guys anything dizzy You're on your own, but you can do it!

As for me, waiting for a certain phone call after a job interview earlier this week, that I'll be getting either today or tomorrow, this'll be quite a long, nervre-wrecking day as well... slant But Cloverfield is awaiting me at the end of it! lick

But, Anthony, what's your reason for it to be a long day? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah; Belgium. Always screwing things up!

Good-vibes for that phone call from me too Bob! ((((((((((((((((( smile )))))))))))))))))
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BobdH wrote

It's just my job. Very repetitive, calling people all day saying the same thing a couple of hundred times a day. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Anthony wrote
    BobdH wrote

It's just my job. Very repetitive, calling people all day saying the same thing a couple of hundred times a day. sad

I know your pain, I really do sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Plus my damn computer still sounds like it has a bee in it! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Darn, the day has come to an end, but still no phone call. That means tomorrow will be just as nervewrecking angry

Oh, well, at least I'm going to Cloverfield now. We've all made it! biggrin

Bregt, how was your day? Did you do well? Anthony, you're done!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'M DONE! biggrin

Only 15 hours until I'm back at the office. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Woah, Anthony mate, sounds like you really don't like that job. Isn't it some alternative, something else you can do instead?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well I've had this job since the end of November. It really is saying the same thing to about 200 customers per day. The only upside is between calls I can spend time here, but it's a very repetitive job. I seriously need to consider finding another one fast. I'd love to do web design, but everywhere wants people who can do all sorts of fancy code. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008
    Good luck to us all today! wave punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah.....i'm off to the uni now, let's hope it'll roll out ok although the stuff i had to learn was ENDLESS! Good luck everyone!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Heh, well it's 6.15am and I'm up for work. Have a good day people. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Heh, I've been at work for 45 minutes and the bee in my computer has awoken from its sleep. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    To Anthony:
    Well... about lousy jobs, I always find that jobs with some physical activity and the ability to not talk to people but listen to your music for instance or just do some thinking are the best jobs, like being a paper boy or stock boy. I realise those jobs have very low wages, but it's worth a lot to me not being a call agent or something like that. I would not do that, not even if I got payed double wages... Hm, I guess I would only do that kind of horrible job if I got payed so much that I'd only have to work three hours a week instead of twelve for instance.

That being 'sad' (worst pun topic? wink ) I have to admit I did both the paper round and stock work and both jobs drove me crazy so I quit after five months or something like that... still I would do it again if I had to choose between that and being a call agent.

To Bregt and Demetris:
    I know complaining about exams is part of being a student, but I just wanted to say be glad you can do exams and be a student. You are young and have to oppurtunity and money (grant) to do it, so enjoy it while you can. There are people who would want to be a student but can't because of a lack of time and or money (or both since making money costs time too). Just wanted to say that so you can think about how lucky you are.
    smile

To Bob:
    Good luck today waiting for the phone call! What kind of job is it?
    Let us know when you have it.
    wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008 edited
    Indeed, I agree with Bregje on what she said to B & D. Oh, I miss my student years... *sigh. I'll probably take some LOI-course in future years (mailorder academy), like French or another language. So much I still want to learn!

Thanks for the support, all! Bregje, it's called 'junior online marketeer' for bol.com, which means I have to improve the communication with online partners, and find new ways to improve the online marketing. It deals a lot with softwareprogramme's, but not in a too difficult way (the focus remains on the communication and marketing, not the html). It's a great opportunity for me to start in the world of marketing, plus; bol.com seems like a great organisation. The culture is very light and relaxing over there, while remaining professional, so you can do your job. I know they have to call today, so the tension is growing dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well I spend my day on DOS. vomit

(Or possibly command line..whatever it's called now...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    DOS? Isn't that totally dead yet, these days? It's still used? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Bregje, I'm really happy I'm still studying. I so don't want to start working yet. I don't feel like being ready for that either. Responsability is not much of my thing. Or perhaps self-confidence. spin

At school, you can go wrong and be lazy. cool

But then, when you have a cool and fun job, I can't imagine that isn't something you'd immediately want to change back to studies.... Haha, just kidding! Sorry. shame

EDIT: Exam went very well. I'm free now! FREE!
    Well, for a couple of days, then thesis work starts again.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    BobdH wrote
    Thanks for the support, all! Bregje, it's called 'junior online marketeer' for bol.com, which means I have to improve the communication with online partners, and find new ways to improve the online marketing. It deals a lot with softwareprogramme's, but not in a too difficult way (the focus remains on the communication and marketing, not the html). It's a great opportunity for me to start in the world of marketing, plus; bol.com seems like a great organisation. The culture is very light and relaxing over there, while remaining professional, so you can do your job. I know they have to call today, so the tension is growing dizzy

Sounds like a very good job. When it includes html (the right html, aka xhtml) then it's always cool. cool
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    BobdH wrote
    DOS? Isn't that totally dead yet, these days? It's still used? shocked

Indeed it is! Even more in Windows Server 2008, which includes new commands similar (or even just the same) as the whole Linux command set. (well, that's what they told me)
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Trust me, there's not really a positive or negative to being either a student or in work.

Student = go nuts but be poor.
    Work = don't do all the crazy stuff you do in college but have loads of money.

I think I prefered having more fun than having more money, but it is very nice to have some $$$. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008
    They still haven't called! crazy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Aww that sucks. Was Cloverfield good?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    BobdH wrote
    They still haven't called! crazy

In my experience that means not very good news, I'm afraid.

Did they commit to calling you on Friday?
    If so, you're prefectly justified to call them yourself now!
    Good luck!!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    In my experience that means not very good news, I'm afraid.

Did they commit to calling you on Friday?
    If so, you're prefectly justified to call them yourself now!
    Good luck!!

I know it's not really saying anything hopefull... although they did say they're very busy at the moment with handling all the jobinterviews. It's for bol.com, and they just had this big campaign, for which a lot of candidates replied. He said he probably would be able to react before the weekend... but he said it in a way he wasn't sure, so, well... anything could still happen? I don't know... I had such a good feeling about this! sad I would've called myself, if I had his contactinformation, but I don't, the communication all went through different people ("you'll be talking with this person, on so and so..."). I sent him a mail last weekend, however, through the website (it's all in-built, without ever showing their mailadress) with additional competences of me, and why I thought I'd be perfect for the job, and that I was eagerly awaiting his reply.

And yeah, Anthony, Cloverfield rocked smile