• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LAKESHORE RECORDS PRESENTS
    JOURNEY INTO SPACE
    - ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK

Featuring Original Music By Cody Westheimer

(February 19, 2015– Los Angeles, CA) – Lakeshore Records will release the JOURNEY INTO SPACE – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack digitally on March 3rd and on CD May 5, 2015. The album features original music by Cody Westheimer (HOW I BECAME AN ELPHANT, THE MONO LAKE STORY).

“I was beyond inspired to write a sweeping orchestral score for JOURNEY INTO SPACE,” said Westheimer. “The giant screen format affords incredible musical opportunity and I was thrilled to live out my boyhood dream of becoming an astronaut by scoring this film. I think most people can relate to the awe and wonder of space and space exploration - it was exciting to help convey this musically. The director was looking for an epic score reminiscent of some of my favorite film scores of the 90's like APOLLO 13 and JURASSIC PARK. Ironically those were the crop of films that originally got me into this line of work - I was elated to oblige.”

How many composers would show up to conduct their orchestral film score wearing a NASA t-shirt?” said writer/director Mark Krenzien. “From our first discussion about creating an epic-yet-accessible film score for JOURNEY TO SPACE, it was clear that Cody Westheimer was all in.”

Cody Westheimer is a noted film and television composer. He is a magna cum laude graduate of the music composition program at USC's Thornton School of Music. He and his wife, composer Julia Newmann are the owners and operators of New West Studios, Inc. in Los Angeles, California. Westheimer has composed compelling scores for over 40 narrative and documentary features, as well as numerous television series and video games. Westheimer penned a theme for the Tour de France, which airs every July on NBC. His themes for Major League Soccer, Sports Dash and the National Dog Show can regularly be heard on NBC and NBCSN. Sunday mornings his track "Images to Remember" plays alongside John Williams on MEET THE PRESS. Cody's music was selected for features and profiles that aired in primetime during the 2012 London Olympic Games and the 2014 Sochi Games.

Born and raised in Santa Barbara, Westheimer's first orchestral work was performed by the Santa Barbara Symphony in 1997. In 2009, Westheimer was commissioned by the Santa Barbara Symphony to compose The Remarkable Farkle McBride (based on the John Lithgow book.) This piece was premiered by the Santa Barbara Symphony in 2010, with an encore performance in 2011. Cody has written scores for documentaries including TRUE WOLF, THE MONO LAKE STORY, IT’S A WILD LIFE and OCEANS ADVENTURES. HOW I BECAME AN ELPHANT won best in it’s class at the 2013 Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival. Meanwhile, his orchestral score to the 2005 short animated film SMILE was awarded Double Gold Medals at the Park City Film Music Festival, and his overture for Sega's THE GOLDEN COMPASS GAME was nominated by the Game Audio Network Guild for "Track of the Year."

NASA's next era will be its greatest yet. This is the clear "roadmap" painted by JOURNEY TO SPACE. The film absolutely annihilates the perception that the space program died with the end of the Space Shuttle Program by showcasing the exciting plans NASA and the space community are working on, and the challenges they must overcome to carry out audacious missions such as landing astronauts on Mars and capturing asteroids.

“One of my earliest and vivid childhood memories was as a first grader watching the Challenger liftoff and explode. Of course this is covered in the film as this film really is a tribute to our nations’ space program – past, present and future. This was an incredibly emotional scene for me to score. In the end I really held back as it needed very, very little,” said Westheimer. “Conversely, when we land on Mars towards the end of the movie it’s as epic as I can go!”

“Cody’s passion for the project as well as his renowned boundless energy, resulted in early musical sketches that were so quick and expressive that they continually kindled the post production team to complete a film worthy of its music,” said Writer/Director Mark Krenzien. “An even more unexpected surprise was how well Cody was able to weave Max Braverman’s rock inspired layers to seamlessly support the finished score. But what was finally achieved from a score sparked by the human drive to explore space--is an accomplished and coherent work of music that simply inspires the imagination.”

Giant Screen Films and K2 Films presents JOURNEY TO SPACE which will be released on selected IMAX 3D screens this February 2015. The JOURNEY INTO SPACE – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack will be available digitally on March 3rd and on May 5, 2015.

###

For more information contact krakowerpolingpr@gmail.com or @KrakowerPoling on Twitter
  2. I'm a big fan of Cody's work but, after a strong start with the opening track, Journey To Space quickly fades.

(It's not a good sign when the PR doesn't manage to get the title correct: "Journey Into Space"?)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. I agree with Alan. Good intentions, but it doesn't quite work.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube