• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2015 edited
    The program is just announced and can be found at:

http://www.fmf.fm/en/4/1/516/oglaszamyprogram8fmf

So it will be 5 days this year with music from Video Games, Polish films, TV series, Shakespear movies and Star Trek live!

I hope to see some of you there. :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Not as fantastic as last year, of course (and they're re-using their previous guests, like Doyle and Goldenthal -- is there no escaping him?), but that was the most spectacular film music event of all time, so unfair to compare.

I really want to go -- if not for the program, so at least for the atmosphere -- but it may collide with a job assignment of mine. We'll see.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    Hehe fun to see how taste differs. To me last year was my least favourite FMF. :-) They were all very awesome, but last year it was a bit less awesome compared to other years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    For real? I've never seen anything like it in my life. Regardless of what one feels about the guests, the scope of the thing was massive -- I mean, 17.000 spectators for the GLADIATOR concert! That in itself is pretty unsurpassed.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2015
    For real :-)

Gladiator was awesome, but I have had better FMF concerts. To give an example: the perfume movie with live orchestra in the steel plant was a better experience for me that The Gladiator one.

For me nothing can beat the 4th FMF: Joe Hisaishi, Distant Worlds (Final Fantasy), Pirates of the Carribean and last but not least the Czas Honoru concert.

Of course this is all personal
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    True, the feelings about the experience, composers, concerts etc. are all subjective, but what is NOT subjective is the record scope of the event (number of venues, concerts, audiences etc.). To my knowledge, there has been nothing like it in the history of film.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    Absolutely true, that is what I also wrote in my report for the dutch Score-magazine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Pretty diverse themes this year, they always have excellent movie picks for live concert.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    francis wrote
    Pretty diverse themes this year, they always have excellent movie picks for live concert.

True. Then again, I was never a fan of the whole 'live film concert' thing in the first place -- which isn't really a concert, but rather a fancy form of cinemagoing.

I wish all concerts were like the ASCAP concert last year. Just the music (and maybe some visual effects), please.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Thor wrote
    francis wrote

True. Then again, I was never a fan of the whole 'live film concert' thing in the first place -- which isn't really a concert, but rather a fancy form of cinemagoing.

I found it a unique experience when the music is played and timed to film and they did a great job with the sound mix. I'm already envious of those who'll see Star Trek this way knowing how well they had pulled off Perfume.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I often get bored, to be honest. There's a marginal interest for me in witnessing the decisions that was behind the music in a certain scene, but that's something I'd rather witness during a recording session or some such thing. Not in something that is otherwise designed as a concert, where the music is supposed to be enjoyed for its own sake.

But you and I are quite different that way, Francis (in how we stress FILM music vs. film MUSIC).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2015
    Thor wrote
    I often get bored, to be honest. There's a marginal interest for me in witnessing the decisions that was behind the music in a certain scene, but that's something I'd rather witness during a recording session or some such thing. Not in something that is otherwise designed as a concert, where the music is supposed to be enjoyed for its own sake.

But you and I are quite different that way, Francis (in how we stress FILM music vs. film MUSIC).

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the music as much on its own in concert without any visual augmentation, but I still like the idea of having one of the concerts be a live film as they do at Krakow. Though I've never witnessed a recording session, I know of having been in plenty of band rehearsals that it's more fun for those playing than those who are watching others rehearse. With these live movie concerts you at least get to hear the finished score and in the movies they choose the music plays a big enough part to make a concert out of it anyway. Not every score or movie lends itself to that and if I had to choose I'd put the solo music experience above the movie experience as well in concert, but I think it's great Krakow does both. Plus it also allows you to hear those cues that you might not hear otherwise because they don't lend themselves to concert suites.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    What we can agree on, is that it's probably easier to 'sell' an event as a film concert. It's more commercially oriented than just the film music.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. The fact that Thor doesn't enjoy such film concerts is the least surprising thing I've heard in a while. Why would he enjoy going to a concert that basically plays a C&C score? rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    What I have learned: WATCH the movie before hand. With the Kon-Tiki concert last year I was so engaged with stuff happening on screen that I did not pay (enough) attention to the music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2015 edited
    I will not be coming to Krakow this year, unfortunately. It's a matter of cost. (I'm having a long weekend in Lisboa a couple of weeks before).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2015
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, it kinda sucks.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'd love to go. When my daughter's a bit older I will.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    This thread has the most boring title I can imagine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2015
    Steven wrote
    This thread has the most boring title I can imagine.

It is not my original title! :P