• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLokutus
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2015
    Brand new concert suite from How to train your dragon 2 will premiere during this year's FILM MUSIC PRAGUE festival as part of the closing night gala on April 23rd!

James Shearman will conduct Czech National Symphony Orchestra and Kuhn's choir of Prague in selection of works by John Powell and Harry Gregson-Williams, including many greatest hits by these two composers including several, which have never been performed live before.
    The batton will be later taken over by Fernando Velázquez who will conduct the ensemble performing selection of his greatest hits such as THE ORPHANAGE, THE IMPOSSIBLE, HERCULES, ZIPI Y ZAPE, SEXY KILLER as well as another highly anticipated world premiere - his score for Guillermo Del Toro's CRIMSON PEAK, which will be performed exclusively during this concert six months before the movie is even released in theatres!

For more information about the event, to get the tickets and learn more about this charity event, check
    http://www.filmmusicprague.com/index_en.html

For more information about Fernando Velázquez, check
    http://lokutusost.ufouni.cz/filmmusic/velazquez/
    • CommentAuthorLokutus
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2015
    Just confirmed!

Harry Gregson-Williams will attend 4th annual Film Music Prague festival on April 23rd, 2015!
    He will join Fernando Velázquez in concert featuring selection of his works including many of the greatest hits such as SINBAD: LEGEND OF THE SEVEN SEAS, CHRONICLES OF NARNIA, SHREK, SPY GAME, BRIDGET JONES 2 and KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. He will also conduct selected piece(s) on the programme, which will feature Czech National Symphony Orchestra, Kuhn's Choir of Prague and soprano Markéta Mátlová.

The rest of the programme will be conducted by renowned James Shearman with exception of Fernano Velázquez's part of the programme, which will be conducted entirely by the composer himself and will feature many of his greatest hits including highly exptected world premiere of his new score for Guillermo Del Toro's CRIMSON PEAK.

The concert will also include tribute to John Powell and will present exclusive world premiere of his brand new HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 Suite as well as X-MEN: THE LAST STAND, CHICKEN RUN and ICE AGE: THE MELTDOWN.

The tickets are still available at http://www.filmmusicprague.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2015
    I am quite looking forward to Sinbad and X-men: Last Stand!

How to Train 2 is awesome as well, but I still prefer the first one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2015
    I just got back from Praque, it was an awesome concert. Highlights for me where Sinbad, Spy Game and Chicken Run. I really love some themes Powell did with How to Train.. and The Last Stand, sadly those were not in the suites that were done that evening.

My friend recorded the How to Train to Train your Dragon 2 suite for those interested:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FEw-Xj-BEo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I hope your friend wasn't looking at his phone while he was recording it. (It should be punishable by death.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Those phone(nys) who would rather film than experience concerts should be roasted unto death over a single candle.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2015
    He only recorded that track. He did it for a good friend of ours who loves the music from that movie. She is enjoying this recording every day. Sometimes you make sacrifices for others.

I do it every year at the Krakow Filmmusic festival. I learned to do it both as official press: making photos and enjoying the music. And yes I am missing out, but I give others something extra in return.