• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2015
    If anyone's curious what a Powell Bond score would sound like, listen to 'New York Car Chase' from the expanded version of Ultimatum. That's the closest we'll probably get.

I've often seen Agent Cody Banks described as his Bond score, but that's far too tongue-in-cheek.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2015
    Spectre

I'm sure David Arnold will be back for the next one if Sam Mendes isn't and obviously that will make most people happy but I'm glad we've had this Thomas Newman interlude. I loved Skyfall and I love this.
  1. Steven wrote
    If anyone's curious what a Powell Bond score would sound like, listen to 'New York Car Chase' from the expanded version of Ultimatum. That's the closest we'll probably get.

I've often seen Agent Cody Banks described as his Bond score, but that's far too tongue-in-cheek.

I think the closest Powell's ever gotten to Bond is "Hog Chase Part 2", actually. That has more of the brass flamboyance that I'd want to hear.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2015
    I suppose it would have been more fitting for the Brosnan films. (Still, that track from Ultimatum actually has the Bond theme in it.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    SPECTRE Thomas Newman

Bring back David Arnold.

You don't like it? ( I've still not heard it )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Just saw Bridge of Spies. Newman's score works brilliantly, especially towards the end (as I predicted). The Glienicke Bridge scene was the best showing of his music (it'd be great if he wrote more extended cues like that one).
  3. Steven wrote
    I suppose it would have been more fitting for the Brosnan films. (Still, that track from Ultimatum actually has the Bond theme in it.)

"Future Tense" from Paycheck has the Bond theme in it as well, at 1:30. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    SPECTRE Thomas Newman

Bring back David Arnold.

You don't like it? ( I've still not heard it )

I'm not sure what to make of it. It's not as fun as Skyfall, and there seems to be a lot more of those dull, ambient Thomas Newman moments (which no doubt work perfectly well in the film). It probably has the most low-key end credits track ever written for an action movie. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2015 edited
    NP: The Appearing - David Das

Nothing much to recommend in this ambient horror score. From all accounts the film itself is pretty poor.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. NP: Hostel: Part III - Frederik Wiedmann

Unlike The Appearing, this one's interesting despite the lack of melody. The opening, ostinato-driven track is excellent and a highlight.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2015
    SPECTRE | thomas newman

I'm not really convinced. The opening tracks are big and tense, but then I somewhat lost interest in the middle because of the moody pieces, where Newman usually makes interesting choices. Here it is really dark and moody, not much to see. There's an instrumental version of the song and a sudden percussion song, the latter very odd. Tempus Figit gets the action going again.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorWashu
    Trying to go through some documentary scores:

Journey to Space - Cody Westheimer

It is a quite nice listen but it is nothing I will return to. A forgettable effort even if it is pretty solid.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SPECTRE - Thomas Newman

There's some good bits.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. And lots of excellent ones.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2015
    Nothing stands out.
  6. Oh, I don't know about that...lots of parts stand out for how dull they are.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Aargh! The SPECTRE posting inflation has begun!
    I am extremely serious.
  7. This is nothing. Wait until Star Wars hits.

Oh wait, you won't care, because it's Williams.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Are you kidding? Thor is pretty much the Ultimate Williams Fan around here!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We'll still tear him to shreds if he says anything against the new Star Wars film, though.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. That's what I mean. Thor won't be complaining about all the Star Wars discussion because he'll be taking active part in it!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Williams score is far and away the most anticipated score for me, I really really can't wait.
  9. It's far and away your most anticipated? Me too. I can't wait to be hooked by it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well, that and Morricone's Tarantino score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2015 edited
    I'm excited about the new STAR WARS film and score, for sure (more than I've been for anything in years, in fact), but I also dread the onslaugh of comments when it hits. I don't generally like to obsess that long over a single piece of work since there's so much else to be enjoyed. In the case of SPECTRE and James Bond, though, it's even worse, because I don't care for the franchise at all. Well, I do like the latest films quite a bit, and I'm sure I will enjoy this one as well, but not to the extent that I would want it to envelop the entire discussion paradigm for months to come.

Well, that was an all-over-the-place rant.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Are people still talking about Spectre? confused

That's SO yesterday's news.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    I don't generally like to obsess

Er...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    That's what I mean. Thor won't be complaining about all the Star Wars discussion because he'll be taking active part in it!

Aaaaaah!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Spectre
  10. Skyfall.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.