• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2015
    Screw you all.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Die Another Day
  1. Spectrecular
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The World Is Not enough
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. The Bourne Identity
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Spectre

Continues to dazzle. Haven't played a Bond score this much since Skyfall.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Well, I don't mind Spectre at all. Even the slower cues.

And on something completely different....

Received the Lost In Space 50th Anniversary boxset in the mail yesterday.
    Finally have all the cues I've always wished for since I was about five or six.
    It's the music that got me into film and television scores in the first place.
    I know it's not for everyone but it's a highly sentimental holy grail purchase for me.
    On a sad note, my close friend who also loved this show and its music was looking forward to hearing this but suddenly passed away of heart failure a few weeks ago. I won't be able to enjoy listening to this with him now but I'll always think of him whenever I play it. He would have loved it for sure.
  3. Timmer wrote
    The World Is Not enough

Attaboy! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2015 edited
    Atham wrote
    Well, I don't mind Spectre at all. Even the slower cues.

And on something completely different....

Received the Lost In Space 50th Anniversary boxset in the mail yesterday.
    Finally have all the cues I've always wished for since I was about five or six.
    It's the music that got me into film and television scores in the first place.
    I know it's not for everyone but it's a highly sentimental holy grail purchase for me.
    On a sad note, my close friend who also loved this show and its music was looking forward to hearing this but suddenly passed away of heart failure a few weeks ago. I won't be able to enjoy listening to this with him now but I'll always think of him whenever I play it. He would have loved it for sure.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, Atham. Certainly puts the music in another perspective. My condolences.

I sought out the original GNP releases for the John Williams connection back in the 90s, and once I had those (all three volumes), I had a sufficient representation of everything he did for the show. So all subsequent releases have not been for me.

While I do not have the same nostalgic connection to the show as you do, I did watch the first season a few years ago (again, mostly for the Williams episodes, but also some of the other ones to get a grip what it was about). It was a bit too campy for my taste -- and I understand it got even sillier in subsequent seasons -- but there was decent potential early on.

It still remains the most famous television show Williams worked on (next to GILLIGAN'S ISLAND and AMAZING STORIES).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Empire Strikes Back John Williams

Holy fuck is this what being a film music fan is all about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2015
    That, and For Your Eyes Only.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. NP: The Damned - Frederik Wiedmann

Some of the ambient material doesn't keep the attention but there's a lot to retain the interest elsewhere: dramatic strings, interesting orchestrations, etc.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Your descriptions of these less-than-known scores are so enamouring.
  5. Steven wrote
    Your descriptions of these less-than-known scores are so enamouring.

Just trying to be honest, to be honest.

A lot of these modern-day horror scores just can't seem to sustain the interest over the course of a whole album.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2015 edited
    NP: ThanksKilling 3 - Zain Effendi

Now this is a bit better. A ballsy opening theme promises much, and the remainder of the orchestral part of the album gives much to enjoy also. Not particularly cultured but it's exciting nonetheless.

"Ass Vortex" is excellent - https://youtu.be/0Ob4QpJmMSM
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Your next NP post is only allowed to be one of your favourite scores.

I've cleared this with Bregt, and he's agreed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I haven't cleared this with Bregt, but I'm sure he would agree.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Spectre

Continues to dazzle. Haven't played a Bond score this much since Skyfall.

I listened to this again today, there really are some good bits in this. The action music just makes my eyes roll though, take away the Bond-licks and it's just the usual interchangeable generic action crap.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Steven wrote
    I haven't cleared this with Bregt, but I'm sure he would agree.

I was going to save my favourites until the 31st but since there's such a need to move away from the lesser scores I'll pause my random shuffling and actually choose something:

NP: Poltergeist - Jerry Goldsmith

Not much to say that's not been said before about this one. It's excellent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
  7. Steven wrote
    Finally...

biggrin
  8. The only thing I'm dreading about Star Wars is that when it hits and is mindfrakkingly brilliant, everyone will shred it to pieces. But if I find it boring and dull, people will be over the moon about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It must be a burden being the measure of all things... wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm asking Bregt to ban any negative opinions about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Of course. In line with modern day sentiment everyone should be protected from anything he/she might conceivably experience as potentially offensive, shocking, disturbing, unsettling or uncomfortable
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm offended you referenced things that could potentially offend me. Please delete your comment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    As a male, caucasian and European you aren't allowed to be offended because of your institutional priviliges which make you guilty. You are trying to appropriate political, cultural, sociological and religious sensitivities, which I think is just wrong, which makes it a fact.
    You are clearly a fascist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    A moustache would look good on me come to think of it...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    A moustache would look good on me come to think of it...

Why not indeed! It looked good on Ted so why not?
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    I just closed my eyes and picked something randomly....

Speed (Mancina, LaLaLand.....)

I will try to watch the movie and see if any cues are missing and where all the credited songs go
    I know, I know....I am sick but I love to put scores in chronological film order
    We can actually make a thread where we discuss this....as well as cue lists etc smile