• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2015
    biggrin

You know me too well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Captain Future wrote
    Thor confused me with Martijn?

He must have been terribly drunk at the time.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorLars
    zimmer's Mission Impossible score fits perfectly to the tone, the visuals and the action of the movie. and its the only score who has themes with character. its fun on album and a great listen during film. makes the scenes much more intense. kramers score is also great, especially in the action parts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Zimmer's score is best enjoyed sporting a mullet, medallion, shiny shirt and tight leather strides

I'm sure it suits you. wink

Hey, don't cramp the man's style, Timmer. He's lookin' sharp!

(Yeah, I realise you won't get it, Stew. Don't worry. It's an age thing. A very, very, VERY advanced age thing... sad )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Zimmer's score is best enjoyed sporting a mullet, medallion, shiny shirt and tight leather strides

I'm sure it suits you. wink

Hey, don't cramp the man's style, Timmer. He's lookin' sharp!

(Yeah, I realise you won't get it, Stew. Don't worry. It's an age thing. A very, very, VERY advanced age thing... sad )

applause A Pat on the back to you sir.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2015 edited
    I'm an English 90s kid -- Pat Sharp was a rite of passage (alas).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2015 edited
    He was still around at that time???

For me he is SO locked into the early eighties baby steps of music television taht it's hard to imagine him past 1986... (although I'm sure he didn't vanish in smoke. I shudder to look him up on Wikipedia though...he probably went through rehab several times to become an extremist Jihadi preacher or something... freezing )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    *rite even. But yes. I remember him quite distinctly. From what, I can't remember... kids TV perhaps?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Captain Future wrote

I was....I am. But still, I remembered someone liking M:I 2 as much as me, and I assumed it was Volker due to our overwhelming overlap in taste.

Screw the reactionaries! M:I 2 FOREVER!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ride eternal and shiny, Thor!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: MIDNIGHT EXPRESS (Giorgio Moroder)

Awesomeness! SCREW THE REACTIONARIES! They can suck on their orchestral donkey sticks! (I have no idea what that means).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Mediocre!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DONKEY STICKS!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    DONKEY STICKS!

Excellent score! The braying brass, particularly, although I'm less keen on the pillow bit.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2015
    Steven wrote
    *rite even. But yes. I remember him quite distinctly. From what, I can't remember... kids TV perhaps?

Me n'the Dutchman is speechless, get me?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Captain Future wrote

I was....I am. But still, I remembered someone liking M:I 2 as much as me, and I assumed it was Volker due to our overwhelming overlap in taste.

Screw the reactionaries! M:I 2 FOREVER!

Hey I love it too, it gets top spot, followed by M:I 3. I like how varied the score is, as presented on the album. Plus it ROCKS, oh yes the theme on screaming guitars is just ace.

I also enjoy all of the films a lot, I've yet to see Rogue Nation though.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    M:I 2 would be perfection if it had starred The Hoff.
  2. Martijn wrote
    Captain Future wrote

Of course there are few people that I'd rather be confused with. beer
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. NP: Dances With Wolves (1990) - John Barry
    The expanded La-La-Land edition.

Yes, I know I resolved to give this a pass but as always my mouse clicking finger developed a will of its own. Same with Braveheart. These releases are gorgeous.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: DRYADS - GIRLS DON'T CRY (Marius Christiansen)

I really can't get enough of this. He should really consider a proper, commercial soundtrack.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Dances With Wolves (1990) - John Barry

Yes, I know I resolved to give this a pass but as always my mouse clicking finger developed a will of its own. Same with Braveheart. These releases are gorgeous.

Volker

I ADORE the main theme (my favourite Barry composition EVER!). The rest....meh!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    Captain Future wrote

Volker

WHAT? Lord, no!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ask Timmer about my relationship to John Barry. Now I'm OFF! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor told Barry he loved him, Barry told Thor he's not that kind of bloke.
  5. Only thing that displeases me is the cover art of the LLL Braveheart release. When I prepared my digital copy this afternoon I used the original cover.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    Only thing that displeases me is the cover art of the LLL Braveheart release. When I prepared my digital copy this afternoon I used the original cover.

The LLL cover is nearly the same as the original American release of the album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Le Voyage En Ballon Jean Prodromidès

One of Demetris' favourites I believe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2015
    How To Train Your Dragon 2 John Powell

Beyond reproach.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Captain Future wrote

Volker

There it is. A reminder of who the true King of Weirdtardedland is!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Le Voyage En Ballon Jean Prodromidès

One of Demetris' favourites I believe.

Clearly a man, much like yourself, of rare refined and uncontested good taste.