• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015 edited
    There's been a lot of swearing here lately. Anyone else noticed that? Not that I'm squeamish or anything (and I've partaked myself, the lousy Christian that I am), but maybe it's time to tone things down a TINY notch? smile
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Fuck off, you bellend.

and yes, Pan is awesome
  2. This was the fucking first time since I am a fucking member of this board, that I used the word "fucking". Instantly that fucking Calvinist moralizer from Norway comes in like the fucking Holy Inquisition. wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. Captain Future wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Steven wrote
    Pan John Powell

(Again.) I've played this an embarrassing amount of times. It's a John Powell pirate score. The Lord has answered my prayers.

This will be waiting for me when I return from vacation. This and "Sodom and Gomorrah".

Pan is fucking fantastic!

Poor Mr. fantastic.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015
    Captain Future wrote
    This was the fucking first time since I am a fucking member of this board, that I used the word "fucking". Instantly that fucking Calvinist moralizer from Norway comes in like the fucking Holy Inquisition. wink

Indeed. I think it was your act that caused it -- that now even Volker had succumbed to the swearing 'trend' perpetrated by the Stevens, Erik Woodses and myselfses lately.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    There's been a lot of swearing here lately. Anyone else noticed that? Not that I'm squeamish or anything (and I've partaked myself, the lousy Christian that I am), but maybe it's time to tone things down a TINY notch? smile

I would genuinely appreciate that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015 edited
    NP: Pan - Powell

It sure is fugging fantastic!
    Not quite at Dragon 2 level but close. And It's Powell. So, fug yeah! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015
    Atham wrote
    NP: Pan - Powell

It sure is fugging fantastic!
    Not quite at Dragon 2 level but close. And It's Powell. So, fug yeah! punk

Agreed, close is the word. Doesn't quite have the heart and soul of Dragon 2, but that's hardly surprising given how good the film was. Pan looks like a mess, but Powell does a grand job (I'm sure) of gluing it together with his brilliant score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2015 edited
    NP: Shrunken Heads - Richard Band

Danny Elfman's main theme is the highlight for me. The remainder leans too much to the comedy rather than the horror. But, as far as I can tell, that emphasis is ideal for the movie.

But love the take on Satie's Gnossienne No. 1 in "Last and First Rights".
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. NP: Prophecy - Leonard Rosenman

You can't go wrong with a bit of Rosenman.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. NP: The Shrine - Ryan Shore

More of a score that sets up an unsettling atmosphere rather than being an action score. Quite an interesting score.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2015 edited
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit? - Alan Silvestri

To this day I've never seen the film in full but I still say it's one of his best scores. The sultry, jazzy themes are good and yet the least interesting element. The colourful, frenetic action is especially wonderful with 'Toontown' and 'The Gag Factory' being the real standout cues for me.
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2015
    Erik Woods wrote
    ^ You may now join Thor is weirdtartedvilleland.

-Erik-

Hey now. He and I are very different people. For instance, I actually love Michael Giacchino. :p
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    The Congress - Max Richter

A really fine score for what is a flawed but audacious, at times brilliant and underappreciated film. The opening cue 'Beginning and Ending', featuring the fleshed out version of the main theme, is absolutely sublime. Keep putting it on repeat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Josh B wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    ^ You may now join Thor is weirdtartedvilleland.

-Erik-

Hey now. He and I are very different people. For instance, I actually love Michael Giacchino. :p

That's it! Time to build tall fences around your house in Weirdtardedville! You don't fit in.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    David OC wrote
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit? - Alan Silvestri

To this day I've never seen the film in full but I still say it's one of his best scores. The sultry, jazzy themes are good and yet the least interesting element. The colourful, frenetic action is especially wonderful with 'Toontown' and 'The Gag Factory' being the real standout cues for me.

You HAVE to see the film (the whole film, i.e.) -- it's a classic for so many reasons! Also, it contains the devilish Zemeckis that was absent for a long period of time -- untill it was sorta ressurected with FLIGHT.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Before FLIGHT there was BEOWULF and before that there was DEATH BECOMES HER. Zemeckis in dark mode.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  8. DreamTheater wrote
    Before FLIGHT there was BEOWULF and before that there was DEATH BECOMES HER. Zemeckis in dark mode.

don't forget What Lies Beneath, a supernatural thriller with amazing visual treats (the camera shots are ingenious)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  9. Oh yeah bro, such an underrated thriller. Still not out on blu-ray ! crazy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  10. NP: Sodom and Gomorrah (1962; 2015) - Miklos Rozsa
    The City of Prague Philharmonics, Nick Raine

This feels like Ben-Hur Part II. It's more introverted than its pompous younger * sibling. Yet, this one too has its all-out moments. I could listen to this stuff all day long. Great, melodic, vintage Rozsa. Gorgeous production and stellar performance. Thanks Mr Fitzgerald and everyone involved.

Volker

* older. Me and maths. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote

I agree!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

Fuck that was funny.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Funny as fuck, even! applause
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  11. I enjoy Wolf of Wall Street tremendously but this brilliant fuckin' recap has me ROFFL. cheesy
  12. Now that Tim mentioned it ...

NP: Ice Station Zebra (1963) - Michel Legrand

I love the film and its score.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    Now that Tim mentioned it ...

NP: Ice Station Zebra (1963) - Michel Legrand

I love the film and its score.

Volker

The FSM release is brilliant!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Quantum of Solace - D Arnold

D Arnold's Bond scores really are extremely enjoyable.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2015
    Southall wrote
    Quantum of Solace - D Arnold

D Arnold's Bond scores really are extremely enjoyable.

This one is my favourite DA Bond score though my favourite track is still from his first, Tomorrow Never Dies.

IM never humble Opinion, it goes without saying that John Barry has a multitude of stand out Bond tracks and I'd put Arnold a far, far off second followed by Hamlisch, Martin and Conti.

Kamen, Newman and Serra have not a single stand out track between them.

Monty Norman has, of course, the most famous stand out track, just the one, and its authorship is very debateable but I best not go any futher lest he sue my ass! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  13. Jóhann Jóhannsson - Sicario

Just finished my review.

One of the year's best scores for one of the year's very best films. Relentless, dark, downright brutal, yes. Not an easy listen at all. But I seriously appreciate the atmosphere and the functionality in the picture, a masterpiece in creating almost unbearable tension.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  14. NP: The Amityville Horror - Lalo Schifrin

I'd forgotten just how good this album is. That new "definitive" release of this score from Quartet should be a good one to get.